IGNORED

Will BOC Release A New Album?

fumi

53 minutes ago, Pirtek said:

Well, there's definitely no chance from the Beatles, two of them are dead. Boc on the other hand....

Hah! Yes that's exactly what I was thinking, but couldn't be bothered to say anything 😄 Bit of a silly comparison really 😂

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, beerwolf said:

Hah! Yes that's exactly what I was thinking, but couldn't be bothered to say anything 😄 Bit of a silly comparison really 😂

You know! 🤣

I remember back when the TH livestream event went down out in the California desert, some Warp rep that was there read out a text from Mike or Marcus that said something along the lines of "we love you all." I really thought that was a turning point for the bros, a slight indication they'd be more interactive with their fan base. I was totally wrong about that haha

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Pirtek said:

Well, there's definitely no chance from the Beatles, two of them are dead. Boc on the other hand....

That counts as confirmed news in Twoism land: BoC to collab with the remaining Beatles in future super group 'The Boctles'. Playing the locked groove at the end of the Sgt Pepper album at the same time as Magic Windows reveals coded release date

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, DyeMyBlueBlack said:

They’ll release an album next year

that's 11 years in BoC years though. each year is 11 years. 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, ignatius said:

that's 11 years in BoC years though. each year is 11 years. 

So a full solar cycle? Maximum turquoise hexagon sunspots? EXCITE!!!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, auxien said:

they’ve actually released 3 albums since, but since the initial teasing secrets weren’t figured out, being so obscured and hidden, the ‘discovery’ of each album has never happened. 

Lol 

On 3/11/2021 at 5:46 PM, kakapo said:

A former school friend lives up near Berwick in the Scottish borders.  He is adamant that he has met one of the brothers as part of a hiking and twitching social group.  He's not a BoC or electronic music fan and only realised when a friend pointed out to him.  He can't remember which one it was, he seemed to think he was called Andy for some reason.  You can believe this if you want, but he's not one to make stuff up, he's a GP and quite a serious person.  Anyway, I mention this as it's perfectly possible that they just have different interests and priorities beyond music these days.

So my friend bumped into 'Andy' again at the weekend, apparently a Bridled Tern had been spotted in Northumberland at the weekend and all the twitchers for about 200 miles had descended on the same spot.  They had a bit chat.  'Andy' said he had been very busy recently finishing off a big project.  Make of that what you will.  Could be a new album.  Could be a kitchen extension.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, kakapo said:

They had a bit chat.  'Andy' said he had been very busy recently finishing off a big project.  Make of that what you will.  Could be a new album.  Could be a kitchen extension.

Fucking lol! That made me laugh at 5am in the morning and I just got out of bed. Impressive.

Could be a loft conversion? 😀

(I did read about that bird)

IF this is true, which isn't beyond the realms of possibility, and I certainly wouldn't put a large amount of money against your friend meeting 'Andy'. I'd keep it off twoism. Because I also definitely wouldn't bet against a load of them becoming covert twitchers in the hope of meeting God. Whereas I would bet that nobody on watmm could be arrrrsed doing such a thing. And there is the difference between us and them.

If that post doesn't make any sense, as I said it's 5am. Now I gotta get my skates on! 

Edited by beerwolf

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, beerwolf said:

And there is the difference between us and them.

Man feels exalted. 🦁

Edited by Fredd-E
  • Haha 2

On 6/7/2024 at 12:51 AM, kakapo said:

So my friend bumped into 'Andy' again at the weekend, apparently a Bridled Tern had been spotted in Northumberland at the weekend and all the twitchers for about 200 miles had descended on the same spot.  They had a bit chat.  'Andy' said he had been very busy recently finishing off a big project.  Make of that what you will.  Could be a new album.  Could be a kitchen extension.

Signs.

On 6/6/2024 at 8:30 AM, Fredd-E said:

Yep, you'll be wrong. Even after 11 years. And that's a good thing! 🤓

About that michaelsandisonofficial pfp. It's not AI generated, it's AI enhanced. It's from the 2005 The Campfire Headphase era, and was posted on the SKAM website that period.

Speaking from experience… don’t write checks your mouth can’t cash :dadjoke:

4 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

I mean, even Aphex Twin can release old material with bonus content (and Hi Scores doesn’t count) while he gears up for his next big release

Tell me a bit more please 🤲

16 minutes ago, cern said:

Tell me a bit more please 🤲

It will be a single 3 minute track (2:56 to be specific) but there will be five months of hype, starting with obscure video clips in random places but soon followed by blimps, billboards, and a slow release of t-shirts, keychains, posters, coasters, toasters, and every fourth person who purchases the $250 bundle (does not include all items) will receive an exclusive download code for a 20 second long bonus track that is a low quality recording of richard laughing on his way to the bank, which 25 years from now will be included in the deluxe reissue along with 2 additional fart tracks. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 8
  • Farnsworth 1

1 hour ago, toaoaoad said:

It will be a single 3 minute track (2:56 to be specific) but there will be five months of hype, starting with obscure video clips in random places but soon followed by blimps, billboards, and a slow release of t-shirts, keychains, posters, coasters, toasters, and every fourth person who purchases the $250 bundle (does not include all items) will receive an exclusive download code for a 20 second long bonus track that is a low quality recording of richard laughing on his way to the bank, which 25 years from now will be included in the deluxe reissue along with 2 additional fart tracks. 

Does anyone still go to the bank, apart from old people?

(Thinks of Aphex)

Forget what I said...

(Feels old himself, yet not enough so to be going to the bank)

• Farnsworth 1

On 5/13/2024 at 7:42 PM, auxien said:
On 3/8/2024 at 7:37 PM, auxien said:
  On 11/13/2023 at 6:27 PM, auxien said:
  On 8/31/2023 at 7:50 PM, auxien said:
On 6/9/2023 at 6:08 PM, auxien said:
On 5/17/2023 at 11:46 AM, auxien said:
On 5/4/2023 at 6:39 AM, auxien said:

On 4/24/2023 at 6:48 AM, auxien said:
On 4/2/2023 at 10:22 AM, auxien said:

• Burger 1

17 hours ago, Joyrex said:

Speaking from experience… don’t write checks your mouth can’t cash :dadjoke:

Oh come on. By now it's common knowledge there will be a new BoC album. It just takes time, that's all. End of 2009 we also had confirmation of an incoming album, but alas there were some delays, but it finally came out in 2013. 

The summer 2022 MDG message to Babylulu on Twoism + The opening post on their Threads account in 2023 = should be more than good enough for everyone.

17 hours ago, Joyrex said:

I mean, even Aphex Twin can release old material with bonus content (and Hi Scores doesn’t count) while he gears up for his next big release…

Why doesn't Hi Scores count? It's listed under WARP now. No more mention of SKAM on streaming. It's a silent update because I guess Warp might want to announce this as part of a bigger campaign. At the very least they're finally able to offer a complete bundle if they want to.

9 hours ago, Fredd-E said:

Oh come on. By now it's common knowledge there will be a new BoC album. It just takes time, that's all. End of 2009 we also had confirmation of an incoming album, but alas there were some delays, but it finally came out in 2013. 

The summer 2022 MDG message to Babylulu on Twoism + The opening post on their Threads account in 2023 = should be more than good enough for everyone.

Do you honestly believe that Boards of Canada after 11 years and many unfulfilled mentions of it’s coming soon are going to finally in 2024, release an album?

I would put odds on this website shutting down before the end of the year before I would see a Boards of Canada album by the end of this year - and that’s in writing. 

OK, being a little little less cantankerous, I would be very, very surprised at this point after all this time, that suddenly they would have a release ready to go. I honestly think that at this point, their priorities have shifted away from releasing music and their focus on other things. I’m not saying they have stopped making music, but I think possibly it’s come full circle and now they’re back to making music just for themselves and their friends rather than trying to be a commercial entity, which they never wanted to be to begin with.