IGNORED

Global Communication - 76:14 / Pentamerous Metamorphosis / Singles, Remixes, Unreleased Bonus Tracks Reissue [Official]

hayhook

Mark and Tom and WARP were worried it wouldn't sell out, because of the whole MOV bullshit. 

Now that it has, it means that they might press more depending on demand... now of course that is hard to gauge...

But, because it sold out, despite MOV's product being out there, WARP will be more likely to back a deluxe Short Stories Box...

I cross my fingers tightly.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, hayhook said:

Mark and Tom and WARP were worried it wouldn't sell out, because of the whole MOV bullshit. 

Now that it has, it means that they might press more depending on demand... now of course that is hard to gauge...

But, because it sold out, despite MOV's product being out there, WARP will be more likely to back a deluxe Short Stories Box...

I cross my fingers tightly.

Do Tom & Mark own the Jedi Knights / Jedis stuff, or is it wrapped up with Universal?  All those tracks & remixes need the reissue opportunity.  They were due for re-release I think back around the Millennium?

as far I know they own all the rights for Jedi Knights. It seems to only have ever been released from Evolution/Universal Language.

The issue with Jedi Knights is use of the name "Jedi Knights" (see their old lawsuit/cease and desist from George Lucas after the DM remix came out)

and the likelihood of not being able to clear any of the multitudes of samples throughout the album.

and then the difficulty/expense of securing rights, finding masters to the songs they remixed.

we can always hold out hope it can be sorted. 

I would love a deluxe pkg.  And finally decent copies of the bomb the bass remixes, disco magic, the flow, return of the jedis ep...

If I had any say in what a Deluxe Edition would look like:

New School Science:

May The Funk Be With You   
Noddy Holder   
One For M.A.W.   
Science Friction   
The Truth   
Lessons   
Air Drums From Outer Bongolia   
Dance Of The Naughty Knights   
Human Blancmange   
Solina (The Ascension)   
Afterlife   
(Bonus Track?) Antacid (Jedi Knights Remix) - Link & E621   

Bonus Disc

Pubic Funk (Live)   
Catch The Break   
Big Knockers   
Nutsin   
Time Machine   
Absorber (Jedi Knights Mix Part I) - Bomb The Bass    
Absorber (Jedi Knights Mix Part II) - Bomb The Bass   
The Flow (Jedi Knights Mix) - Model 500   
Home (Jedi Knights Drowning In Time) - Depeche Mode   
Jumbo (Jedis Electro Dub Mix) - Underworld   
Jumbo (Jedis Sugar Hit Mix) - Underworld   
Afrika Shox (Jedi's Elastic Bass Mix) - Leftfield   
Disco Magic (Secret Ingredients Mix) - The Jedis   

• Like 3

2 hours ago, hayhook said:

as far I know they own all the rights for Jedi Knights. It seems to only have ever been released from Evolution/Universal Language.

The issue with Jedi Knights is use of the name "Jedi Knights" (see their old lawsuit/cease and desist from George Lucas after the DM remix came out)

and the likelihood of not being able to clear any of the multitudes of samples throughout the album.

and then the difficulty/expense of securing rights, finding masters to the songs they remixed.

I would love a deluxe pkg.  And finally decent copies of the bomb the bass remixes, disco magic, the flow, return of the jedis ep...

New School Science:

May The Funk Be With You   
Noddy Holder   
One For M.A.W.   
Science Friction   
The Truth   
Lessons   
Human Blancmange   
Solina (The Ascension)   
Afterlife   

Bonus Disc

Pubic Funk (Live)   
Catch The Break   
Big Knockers   
Nutsin   
Time Machine   

Ok reading all this is inspiring me to dive back into all the early 90s Global Communication/Reload/Link/Jedi Knights stuff. 

What non-album tracks/deep cuts from this era would you recommend I throw together in a playlist?

40 minutes ago, Extralife said:

Ok reading all this is inspiring me to dive back into all the early 90s Global Communication/Reload/Link/Jedi Knights stuff. 

What non-album tracks/deep cuts from this era would you recommend I throw together in a playlist?

Extralife check my mixcloud...
https://www.mixcloud.com/hayhook/

• Like 1

5 hours ago, hayhook said:

New School Science:

May The Funk Be With You   
Noddy Holder   
One For M.A.W.   
Science Friction   
The Truth   
Lessons   
Human Blancmange   
Solina (The Ascension)   
Afterlife   

Bonus Disc

Pubic Funk (Live)   
Catch The Break   
Big Knockers   
Nutsin   
Time Machine   

I made a nice 10 track collection of the JK remixes a while back, with Pubic Funk and Future Funk 2 thrown in (as it’s basically another mix of Afrika Shox)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, hayhook said:

I would love for this to be the case--please note, Warp! 

• Like 1

I’ve always wanted a dub/instrumental version of that one. I love PJ but it’s because of her abrasiveness. And her voice in a global communication ambient mix is just a little extra for my liking. 

15 hours ago, hayhook said:

I’ve always wanted a dub/instrumental version of that one. I love PJ but it’s because of her abrasiveness. And her voice in a global communication ambient mix is just a little extra for my liking. 

I hear you. But it’s the abrasiveness contrasting the ambience that I love. 

Dear Customer,

Thank you for placing your pre-order for Transmissions - Global Communication: Boxset (LP)

We are writing to inform you that there has been a delay and the pre-order date has now changed to Friday 4th September. This is due to a number of production delays with various components of this boxset due to COVID related staff shortages at our manufacturers. We apologise for any inconvenience caused by this.

• Sad 1
  • Burger 1

If you missed the preorder there might be a couple of cancels and copies re-available because of the delay.  Keep you F5 armed and ready. 

• 2 weeks later...

So I pre-ordered the CD of this on Bleep and was expecting digitals too, but it looks like the entry in my account got transformed into just the single track of “7:39 (Cassette Remix)”. The “Transmissions Sampler” got added to my account, but that’s only 4 tracks.

According to the release page for “Transmissions”, though, this is “shipping now”. Anyone know what the deal is, or in the same boat? I’d like to DL the trax now if they are available. Or do I — sigh — have to email bleep about a preorder snafu _again_ :facepalm:

Fucking Blerp.  Today they changed the Transmissions page.

It no longer says WAV/FLAC included...

and they finally responded to email: The sampler is the only DLs included.

Shady shit.

What It's looked like since it was announced:

117445362_10157174595626946_2283000080353713597_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_sid=dbeb18&_nc_ohc=yiv31PLsRCwAX9qemCI&_nc_ht=z-p3-scontent-arn2-2.xx&oh=715e7becc3b42b8cd2c2714a3faf52bb&oe=5F578E3C

Today's New Updated Version:

117710994_10157176756156946_2598125682075491097_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_sid=dbeb18&_nc_ohc=FSCcjBlosckAX8mSQ5N&_nc_ht=z-p3-scontent-arn2-1.xx&oh=80c1c6928060365b38b8d5f870d66acc&oe=5F5B5077

Edited by hayhook