IGNORED

Autechre - SIGN 16.10.20

NewSchoolScience

14 minutes ago, eclipsis said:

People comparing SIGN to Oversteps and OPN makes me wonder whether I will even like this :(.

Don't panic. The comparison to Oversteps is super lazy. What people mean is there is a bit more melody and overall focus on lush textures. It doesn't sound anything like Oversteps really.

Thankfully it doesn't sound like OPN either.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Burger 2

It's really funny how people always have to compare things... Like oh that reminds me of blah blah blah or oh that looks like blah blah... Its like just shut the fuck up you know!? Why can't things just be what they are and not have some fucking association... Comparisons are just so unnecessary... :catrage:

1 minute ago, sine nomine said:

It's really funny how people always have to compare things... Like oh that reminds me of blah blah blah or oh that looks like blah blah... Its like just shut the fuck up you know!? Why can't things just be what they are and not have some fucking association... Comparisons are just so unnecessary... :catrage:

I do agree, but it is an inescapable human trait. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

the day after. sober.

on 2nd, 3rd and 4th listens three things are most certain: lema, formz and caz are for the aeges, with the latter being absolutely fucking devastating. like others pointed out it literally makes the silence after its sudden stop physically hurt. can not cope.

si00, au and schmefd are fucking weird and and good.

head not even halfway wrapped around the rest yet.

yeah, no, despite some known(n)s this is not oversteps pt.2, far less ancient and serene. this is a dark grey record.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, d-a-m-o said:

damn, that first track !!! 

:catghost:

And the second and the third and the fourth and the fifth and the sixth and the seventh and the eighth and the ninth and the tenth and the eleventh!

• Thanks 1

On 9/2/2020 at 3:12 PM, Blir said:

It's the internal shape of a lower case 'a'. The next one will be the green one with the corresponding 'e' negative area shape I'm sure.

Well Actually GIFs | Tenor

I think you'll find I did that on page one

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, eye said:

Don't forget SYptixed

fuck yes. i hope more people know about SYptixed. also SKF10047 from Switchblade, Nomina, and Blyz Castl.

*wakes up, listens to SIGN on repeat*

I don't like this album, it has sorta cool pompous porous sound until it starts to heavily wear ears.

I enjoy the first track a lot, i love the crawling bass in the second half of th red a, these things certainly make it not hateable.

The closer is nice, yet feels like another go at this very familiar type of closure (Oversteps/Exai sort).

Waiting for green one here

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Jamesqdot said:

I honestly don't understand the love for SIGN. I mean... I love it... I think this might be one of the best albums by Ae I've heard in decades... but what is it about everything else since LP5 that I'm missing?

Tinfoil hat?