IGNORED

Autechre - SIGN 16.10.20

NewSchoolScience

Listening to the 24 bit files on the One 15s is quite an experience I must say. Could already become my fav æ album, astonishingly lush tunes.

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 2

Wasn’t going to listen to the steam trying to be all ‘I’m waiting for the vinyl’ but so glad I did as it’s now made me more excited for the vinyl! No fave tracks as let as only the one listen and I’m not going to be tempted to download it, I’ll wait I think I can hold on........I think 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Nil said:

Listening to the 24 bit files on the One 15s is quite an experience I must say. Could already become my fav æ album, astonishingly lush tunes.

Counting the hours at work, I’m so hyped !

• Like 2

The thirty-five live shows came to us on top of the 2016 “album” elseq 1-5 (which lasts four hours and feels like ten) and the 2018 four-volume “album” NTS Sessions (which goes on for eight hours and feels like six).

https://sfj.substack.com/p/autechre-sign

SIGN (lasts one hour and feels like 30 minutes)

• Burger 1

3 minutes ago, Chabraendeky said:

https://sfj.substack.com/p/autechre-sign

SIGN (lasts one hour and feels like 30 minutes)

pretty cheeky of that dude to use a picture of a load of trash as the header image for an article about a new AE album lol. nice write-up tho.

12 minutes ago, AnwarAutokino said:

pretty cheeky of that dude to use a picture of a load of trash as the header image for an article about a new AE album lol. nice write-up tho.

looks like the tim hecker konoyo album art

1 hour ago, misuta Go said:

like everyone, i thought that the cover was shit. now i understand why...

Now I'm thinking that the artwork is more ae saying 'fuck you we dont care, coz the music is gonna fuck u up newayz biatch!' 

And it did... It really did fuck us all up. 

• Like 1
  • Farnsworth 1

I'm sure that I've heard the laser gun sounds in the background of psin AM on some other track, probably Ae or Gescom, but can't remember where. Driving me nuts..

After my 2nd listen, this is where I stand on the tracklisting from my favourite to least favourite, but I really don't dislike any tracks from SIGN

1. th red a
2. r cazt
3. psin AM
4. Metaz form8
5. F7
6. au14
7. si00
8. esc desc
9. M4 Lema
10. gr4
11. sch.mefd 2

PS. I still don't think the artwork is shit at all, I think it fits perfectly.

I've been a avid listener to Ae ever since Incunabula. Saw these guys play in a working mens bar in Brighton with only around 10 people in attendance (one of which was Phil Hartnoll). Sad to say, on first listen i am hugely disappointed in 'Signs'. I hope it's a grower (as the tart said to the vicar).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Some science fiction visuals I get while listening to SIGN:

M4 Lema – Dark thunderous acid clouds part to reveal golden beams of sunshine.

F7 – Neon advertisements create light trails while speeding through a futuristic dystopian city.

Si00 – Exploring deep aquatic environments discovering alien lifeforms on a water planet.

esc desc – The pivotal moment in a chess game between two serious chin stroking grandmasters.

au14 – A phosphorescent asteroid cluster spectacularly damages a spaceship fleet.

Metaz form8 – An infected patient has the sad realization that their life is about to end.

sch.mefd 2 – Arguing with oneself after extended remote isolation as cabin fever sets in.  

gr4 – A new kind of musical device influences a generation like the electric guitar once did.    

th red a – The leader of an alien race makes plans for what it will do with Earth and its inhabitants.

psin AM – An artificial intelligence system secretly takes control of the military industrial complex.

r cazt – A very long amount of time passes and a lot happens but the Universe remains indifferent.

Edited by webby
forgot
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Dragon said:

godammit F7 is just too good..... i want to plug it into my soul for all eternity. it's the perfect version of the "screamy synth" type of track that i love to death, like known(1) and YJY UX. when i hear i literally hear voices screaming the same as what's inside my soul

Don't forget SYptixed

• Thanks 3

I listened to the stream last night and raved in a meditative state

A lot of it brought me back to growing up with my family:)

Thanks Sean & Rob, it was Rave had Fun:)

• Like 3

I'm actually worried a bit how much I like this after the couple of first listens, lol. Usually I end up liking more the Autechre albums that took longer time to appreciate. Well, time will tell.

• Like 2

Second listen in, loving it so far. 

Definitely hearing it as a cousin to Oversteps (even the artwork implies that), maybe the pace has a little more urgency, but very similar vibe. 

• Like 4