IGNORED

Unreleased Ambient Works 1985-2012 [Fanboy Wankery]

eh Speedy

So Tom Middleton passed this along on Mark Pritchard on Facebook today. What in the holy hell is all of this?

Aphex Twin - Unreleased Ambient Works 1985-2012: www.mixcloud.com/kroniktronikboy/aphex-twin-unreleased-ambient-works-1985-2012/

Aphex Twin - Unreleased Ambient Works 1985-2012 (Part 2) :www.mixcloud.com/kroniktronikboy/aphex-twin-unreleased-ambient-works-1985-2012-part-2/

Aphex Twin - The Unreleased Cornish Years Volume 1: www.mixcloud.com/kroniktronikboy/aphex-twin-the-unreleased-cornish-years-volume-1/

Aphex Twin - The Unreleased Cornish Years Volume 2: www.mixcloud.com/kroniktronikboy/aphex-twin-the-unreleased-cornish-years-volume-2/

Aphex Twin - The Unreleased Cornish Years Volume 3:http://www.mixcloud.com/kroniktronikboy/aphex-twin-the-unreleased-cornish-years-volume-3/

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This sounds like someone sat down & tried to make some vintage Aphex sounding music but screwed up & made some vintage Rugrats sounding music

Now I'm not what you'd call an afx axpert but I got my hunches

i will LOL so hard when it's actually unrealeased aphex... like, how can you say this is fake when people like richard has the ability to make music so different each time? anyway, it sounds cool

lolol fake or not whatever

I didn't click the links, but considering that he previously posted a ton of mixes done by other people that he had renamed "clever" names, whatever it is is almost definitely stolen from someone else.

i will LOL so hard when it's actually unrealeased aphex... like, how can you say this is fake when people like richard has the ability to make music so different each time? anyway, it sounds cool

lolol fake or not whatever

This.

It's mostly musical noodling to my ears, so it could be anyones. Could this be one of the tapes RDJ made for his friends back in the day? I wouldn't be surprised of it is.

Sure there are enough reasons to be skeptical. The quality is extremely variable (hey, that's what noodles are for, isn't it). But to immediately exclude the possibility it is actually by RDJ is about just as silly.

Also, why would T. Middleton release these if it isn't what it's labelled to be? If there's anyone on the list of having RDJ's early tapes, it's him, I guess.

Archived