• 2 weeks later...

Even mild Covid is linked to brain damage, scans show

The new British research is the first to reveal striking differences in areas of the brain based on scans taken before and after a coronavirus infection.

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/long-covid-even-mild-covid-linked-damage-brain-months-infection-rcna18959

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, ignatius said:

Even mild Covid is linked to brain damage, scans show

The new British research is the first to reveal striking differences in areas of the brain based on scans taken before and after a coronavirus infection.

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/long-covid-even-mild-covid-linked-damage-brain-months-infection-rcna18959

greahoeet, I'veeeeeee hadit twiccee nowh :crazy:

• Big Brain 2

Well, fuck.

Brain damage. That's no good...makes you wonder  what kind of damage and effects is gonna show up in people, a few years down the road, in 2-5-10 years from now.

Edited by thefxbip
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, thefxbip said:

Well, fuck.

Brain damage. That's no good...makes you wonder  what kind of damage and effects is gonna show up in people, a few years down the road, in 2-5-10 years from now.

I really don't want to read about it even. I'm okay with losing my smell for a while and being tired for a month, even the breathing issues to some extent, but the brain? different story :sleep:

Great. Lead poisoning rotted all the boomer brains already, which is why the world is in such a fucking state. I was quite looking forward to a generation where the majority of people DONT have brainworms. Oh well

• Like 2

Ever feel that the covid restrictions might be a bit nonsensical sometimes? I was just checking the travel restrictions to Malta and they have this "Dark Red" list of countries and territories, and if you've been in any of them within the past 14 days you need to always quarantine. Well, one of the places on the Dark Red list is Antarctica..

I guess it's for some The Thing kind of situation?

On the other hand no EU country is on the Dark Red list so if you're vaccinated then just come on in.

Is Malta a safe haven in the coming nuclear war? Was thinking about moving to south africa or something.

I don't think covid will be on top of mind the coming period...it's still there, but society is basically completely open from now on. And the question has become, which will come sooner: a deadly mutation, nuclear war or climate disasters? Covid was a walk in the park...interesting social experiment though

2 hours ago, Satans Little Helper said:

Is Malta a safe haven in the coming nuclear war? Was thinking about moving to south africa or something.

Lots of Russian millionaires there so maybe Putin won't nuke it?

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, zkom said:

Lots of Russian millionaires there so maybe Putin won't nuke it?

True. But the fallout of a nuke on europe will possibly impact malta as well. Want to be as far removed as possible. New Zeeland might be another option. But Australia is a bit too cosy with the US and UK. So I think Africa is pretty safe. And South africa possibly the most safe?

5 minutes ago, Satans Little Helper said:

True. But the fallout of a nuke on europe will possibly impact malta as well. Want to be as far removed as possible. New Zeeland might be another option. But Australia is a bit too cosy with the US and UK. So I think Africa is pretty safe. And South africa possibly the most safe?

Check Tristan da Cunha

22 minutes ago, Satans Little Helper said:

florida is home to many russian millionaires. they buy a lot of apartments in north miami beach.. on the beach. theirs a russian newspaper there nad russian tv and everything. 

4 minutes ago, ignatius said:

florida is home to many russian millionaires. they buy a lot of apartments in north miami beach.. on the beach. theirs a russian newspaper there nad russian tv and everything. 

They even have their own St. Petersburg!

• Like 1
  • Farnsworth 1

1 hour ago, zkom said:

They even have their own St. Petersburg!

my dad lived in a place in sunny isles beach for a while and down the road is that porsche building w/the elevator that take you in your car up to your apartment. some guy bought the top floor for $40 million. i think a russian billionaire. so insane. that kind of momey on something that will be wrecked by climate change in the near future. but just goes to show how much money even 1 billion dollars is. 40 million is fucking peanuts. 

anyway.. he'd talk about the russian restaurants how there's russian nightlife scene over there. it's changed quite a lot in the last 10-15 years. 

Edited by ignatius

4 hours ago, Rubin Farr said:

6 million human lives now lost to the pandemic, US closing in on 1 million deaths this Spring. ? 

it's fucked. i check out the r/hermancainaward sub now and then it's endless antivax/unvax'd people dying after posting many many stupid fauci/my freedom/batshit vax memes and disinfo. so preventable and sad. half the time there's a screengrab of family member saying "he's off to be jesus' side" or "she's with the angels now" or "god gained a good one today" or similar.. and "leaves behind 4 children" etc. 

fucking trauma doled out en masse. lot's duped republicans now dead. 

• Facepalm 1

5 hours ago, Rubin Farr said:

6 million human lives now lost to the pandemic, US closing in on 1 million deaths this Spring. ? 

Still so many people in denial of this it's despicable really.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Rubin Farr said:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/mar/10/global-covid-19-death-toll-may-be-three-times-higher-than-official-figures

long had a sense manipulation and disinformation was playing a part in figures, especially in very very large or secretive nations, but also aware of how even this will be written off in a similar way by those still struggling to wrap their head around it.

oddly easy to lose tens of millions and it doesn’t seem quite real, especially ironic when we can sense people’s existence from afar so much more easily in the last 30 years.

• Like 2

Starting tomorrow, masks will no longer be required in public spaces where I am.  No idea why.  Such a simple thing to do to help reduce the death toll.  As of March 18 there will be no more restrictions for retirement homes, because fuck the elderly I guess.  :shrug:

• Like 1