IGNORED

Music that has made you cry

YangYing

8 hours ago, d-a-m-o said:

17 minutes ago, BobDobalina said:

haven't crai'd to either of these but +1 anyway, good sentimental tunes.

4 hours ago, brian trageskin said:

i was just thinking about bach's music and how he's probably responsible for the most heartbreaking tunes in existence imo. not that i know his music well, i really don't. can't provide an example.

…which makes me think of his cantata “ich habe genung”

5 hours ago, brian trageskin said:

i was just thinking about bach's music and how he's probably responsible for the most heartbreaking tunes in existence imo. not that i know his music well, i really don't. can't provide an example.

edit: *some of* the most heartbreaking tunes

actually i don't know. maybe it's just some of his chord progressions and not entire tunes. who gives a shit anyway lol. 

the most > some of the most > some of the chord progressions > which ones idk i don't even know what i'm saying 

• Big Brain 1

On 1/13/2022 at 8:03 AM, kichiguy said:

BOC helped me grieve the unexpected loss of a close friend as a teen. They also helped me give up on god! So thanks BOC. 

This song provided the exact same thing to me, I listen to it with a smile on my face remembering all the happy times I had with my mate over our childhood and teenage years.

• Like 2

Spoiler

found this many years ago, way down a rabbit hole of super obscure 1970s minimalism (it's been reissued now). this piece is described as process music which repeats "at nine different speeds".

it gives me chills, i've even had nightmares about it. to this day it hits me really hard and i don't understand why.

5 hours ago, zkom said:

shout out to Metaz form8. the lead into sch.mefd 2 is devastating, one of the peaks of Ae's discography.

• Like 1

interesting seeing some of the sounds that get to you guys. this thread has made me think about that I don't get as emotional listening to music as I once did. for me it was the usual culprits back in my late teens/early 20s - Aphex tracks from Drukqs/saw2, random Squarepusher tracks, Radiohead stuff from Bends/Ok Computer era, Spiritualized - Ladies and gentleman we are floating in space. and even that, I can't recall ever having a full on movie cry when listening to music. more like a choked up, misty eyed type thing. the most recent thing I can recall getting to me were some of the tracks off Sign, as have been mentioned in here. and there was a super depressing folk/indie rock album by David Berman from Silver Jews a few years back, released like a month before he killed himself. a lot of the songs on there were essentially saying I'm going to be leaving this world soon, and then he did. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...