IGNORED

Russia is now bombing Ukraine

cern

I've been away from this thread for about 20 pages, a few months ago it seemed Russia were about to crumble. But they're still there. They have had to re-focus on the east, thats something I suppose. But this is looking like a long slog now, and Ukraine has to keep the support flowing in to stand a chance. Becomes a game of keeping people's attention....

1 minute ago, trying to be less rude said:

ukraine should light those fuckers up

ukraine needs an insurgency inside russia. blow up more train depots and ports and shit like that. i'm surprised no one's gone and blown up some of the pipelines that feed europe. they're accessible in some places judging by the maps.. but there's many of them. 

• Like 2

A last minute agreement has been reached between Turkey, Finland and Sweden to allow the two Nordic countries to become Nato members on the eve of the military alliance’s summit in Madrid.

Nato said a trilateral deal had been reached at a meeting between Turkey’s president, Recep Tayyip Erdoğan, President Sauli Niinistö of Finland and the Swedish prime minister, Magdalena Andersson, in the Spanish capital.

After a period of intensive negotiations, Jens Stoltenberg, Nato’s secretary general, said on Tuesday evening: “I am pleased to announce that we now have an agreement that paves the way for Finland and Sweden to join Nato.”

“Turkey, Finland and Sweden have signed a memorandum that addresses Turkey’s concerns, including around arms exports and the fight against terrorism,” he added.

Turkey lifts objections to Finland and Sweden’s Nato bid (The Guardian)

Concessions have been made, so Turkey won't block FI and SE becoming NATO members.

• Like 2

For anyone interested in a geopolitical + ecological + humanitarian crisis:

Ramblings:
Good times lie ahead of us. I think we can all have full confidence things will work out absolutely fine and dandy. And this is just a slice of what's going on around the world. We have a front row seat to see it all happen, and actually know why it's happening. Hell, we even have the ability to turn things around, but we kinda don't, because. We're quite a fascinating species, aren't we, and/or we've got quite a fascinating system, haven't we. What a show. How is one even supposed to process all this and everything else. Continue with our daily lives. Have hope. Distantiate. Take a deep breath. Try to do good. Search for some escapism. Enjoy the small things. Dunno. It's quite something, isn't it. I guess it's still better to live now than during most other parts of history. One might argue it's about the best of times. Maybe that was a couple of decades ago, but still. I'm not getting desperate, but, you know, maybe I am a bit, maybe it's only natural to get a bit that way. Ah, yes, maybe it's not as bad, at least where I am, and things will find a middle-ground of bad things happening, but within a certain boundary of acceptable bad. The black death were far worse times, weren't they. Lol. But it's different. It's more life on Earth that's on the scale this time around. Apples and oranges. Ants will keep thriving for sure. Humans will too probably. We always seem to have had this astonishing ability to find a way, for better or worse. Yeah, anyway, that's enough existential words for the day. He.

this-is-fine-fire.gif

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, MaartenVC said:

For anyone interested in a geopolitical + ecological + humanitarian crisis:

Ramblings:
Good times lie ahead of us. I think we can all have full confidence things will work out absolutely fine and dandy. And this is just a slice of what's going on around the world. We have a front row seat to see it all happen, and actually know why it's happening. Hell, we even have the ability to turn things around, but we kinda don't, because. We're quite a fascinating species, aren't we, and/or we've got quite a fascinating system, haven't we. What a show. How is one even supposed to process all this and everything else. Continue with our daily lives. Have hope. Distantiate. Take a deep breath. Try to do good. Search for some escapism. Enjoy the small things. Dunno. It's quite something, isn't it. I guess it's still better to live now than during most other parts of history. One might argue it's about the best of times. Maybe that was a couple of decades ago, but still. I'm not getting desperate, but, you know, maybe I am a bit, maybe it's only natural to get a bit that way. Ah, yes, maybe it's not as bad, at least where I am, and things will find a middle-ground of bad things happening, but within a certain boundary of acceptable bad. The black death were far worse times, weren't they. Lol. But it's different. It's more life on Earth that's on the scale this time around. Apples and oranges. Ants will keep thriving for sure. Humans will too probably. We always seem to have had this astonishing ability to find a way, for better or worse. Yeah, anyway, that's enough existential words for the day. He.

this-is-fine-fire.gif

interesting, well put.

it's people still going by consensus that scares me, because consensus is hacked. we need to hasten the shift to a modern mindset among everyone. each must view info like a detective.

it's absolutely an unbelievable time to be alive. we have utopia on the horizon, and solvable problems between us and that. it's a ground game. we have to do the work. to state this directly: we must continue and hasten spreading the word, which is: how to not eat bullshit.

it may be the golden age of history now, so far. also there is great risk, and damage being done. actions taken or not taken now impact climate in ways that will not produce results for years, but those results are coming. we have already caused sea rise that comes on a delay. we've got feedback loops that will make climate destabilization feed on itself as we try to slow it. the info haze has dulled people to the most severe alarms - within the range of possible risk is honestly inconceivable calamity for the people living at the end of this century and in the next century.

so the delusions are a real problem, though we are not without hope. we get to be here to help decide which way things go.

putin needs to be viewed as a nuclear hitler. the world needs to remain resolved on russian forces being driven out of ukraine. it will be hard to take the bone from the dog's mouth. 

Edited by trying to be less rude
  • Like 1

On 7/2/2022 at 5:34 AM, trying to be less rude said:

interesting, well put.

it's people still going by consensus that scares me, because consensus is hacked. we need to hasten the shift to a modern mindset among everyone. each must view info like a detective.

it's absolutely an unbelievable time to be alive. we have utopia on the horizon, and solvable problems between us and that. it's a ground game. we have to do the work. to state this directly: we must continue and hasten spreading the word, which is: how to not eat bullshit.

it may be the golden age of history now, so far. also there is great risk, and damage being done. actions taken or not taken now impact climate in ways that will not produce results for years, but those results are coming. we have already caused sea rise that comes on a delay. we've got feedback loops that will make climate destabilization feed on itself as we try to slow it. the info haze has dulled people to the most severe alarms - within the range of possible risk is honestly inconceivable calamity for the people living at the end of this century and in the next century.

so the delusions are a real problem, though we are not without hope. we get to be here to help decide which way things go.

putin needs to be viewed as a nuclear hitler. the world needs to remain resolved on russian forces being driven out of ukraine. it will be hard to take the bone from the dog's mouth. 

utopia on the horizon?  what is this drivel

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

On 7/5/2022 at 2:34 PM, ilqx hermolia xpli said:

utopia on the horizon?  what is this drivel

agreed. utopian flags shall only be flown through a Marxian lens...the current ruskie state is far from this. once Marx's vision is fully realized, then we shall be free to bask in the elation of the withering of the state, and the true nature of mankind will prevail in all its glory.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, zero said:

agreed. utopian flags shall only be flown through a Marxian lens...the current ruskie state is far from this. once Marx's vision is fully realized, then we shall be free to bask in the elation of the withering of the state, and the true nature of mankind will prevail in all its glory.

marx is anti-utopian did you even read him. what utopia were you thinking was coming lmao?

10 hours ago, ilqx hermolia xpli said:

marx is anti-utopian did you even read him. what utopia were you thinking was coming lmao?

the turd is back in the punch bowl again

3 hours ago, ilqx hermolia xpli said:

I guess you prefer not being called out on having not studied you're talking about?

no, I'm saying it is pointless getting into any more discussions with you, since you do the same thing you always do on here when trying to have an actual meaningful discussion. time and time again you put words in other peoples mouths, and attempt to twist what others say to fit your bizarro world view that communism is the solution to everything. if you would like to actually discuss something in good faith, and not have it turn into SO WHAT YOU'RE SAYING IS YOU BELIEVE XYZ? WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?!?, then please do so. otherwise it is a waste of effort. p sure most forum dwellers here know this, and made the smart move to back away and ignore you. I admit I got sucked back in when you started quoting me in threads after apparently your temp ban expired, now here we are once again. did you learn nothing from your time away from watmm? why did you even come back here if you're going to keep pulling this childish act?

for the record, I was being 1000% sarcastic on that stupid ass utopian flag comment, in case it wasn't obvious.

7 minutes ago, zero said:

no, I'm saying it is pointless getting into any more discussions with you, since you do the same thing you always do on here when trying to have an actual meaningful discussion. time and time again you put words in other peoples mouths, and attempt to twist what others say to fit your bizarro world view that communism is the solution to everything. if you would like to actually discuss something in good faith, and not have it turn into SO WHAT YOU'RE SAYING IS YOU BELIEVE XYZ? WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?!?, then please do so. otherwise it is a waste of effort. p sure most forum dwellers here know this, and made the smart move to back away and ignore you. I admit I got sucked back in when you started quoting me in threads after apparently your temp ban expired, now here we are once again. did you learn nothing from your time away from watmm? why did you even come back here if you're going to keep pulling this childish act?

for the record, I was being 1000% sarcastic on that stupid ass utopian flag comment, in case it wasn't obvious.

yikes

On 6/28/2022 at 4:49 PM, ignatius said:

ukraine needs an insurgency inside russia. blow up more train depots and ports and shit like that. i'm surprised no one's gone and blown up some of the pipelines that feed europe. they're accessible in some places judging by the maps.. but there's many of them. 

https://i.imgur.com/K3dMGrA.mp4

Edited by ilqx hermolia xpli

13 minutes ago, Satans Little Helper said:

Anyone knows what the translation is? Looks like russian propaganda ridiculing Sweden and Finland for joining nato.

"Don’t be puppets (toys) in someone else’s hands" is the title, then there's a quote from a Moomin book, I'll try to find a proper translation, but it's something like "everything will end with shenangans on a pile of rubbish with racket and commotion, as it has all my life..."

Edited by dcom
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks!

It's a bit too obvious by now to wonder out loud, but it still surprises me that this "ukrainian-russian"-conflict is actually about Russia fighting the "West" on Ukrainian territory (which Putin argues is Russian territory in the first place). Russia, in their mind (if you can actually say that), is actually at war with the west. With us. This is F-ed up.

/obvious

The fun thing is that the last two words in the bottom row mean "our victory" (nasha pabeda), and from the context and wording I can safely assume that it's the name of the organization paying for and distributing these posters. As a side note, damn my Russian is rusty, I need language lube.

Edited by dcom
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, dcom said:

As a side note, damn my Russian is rusty, I need language lube.

slam a few shots of vodka and see if it lubes the rust off ? 

thanks for the translation btw. propaganda is weird.