IGNORED

Russia is now bombing Ukraine

cern

10 minutes ago, zero said:

yeah for sure. but here's hoping vladdy boy gets "the Gaddafi" treatment...bayonet up the ol arsehole. or maybe that'd be letting him off too easy. he needs a good old fashioned torture chamber to hang out in for the rest of his existence.

what that mofo has done here, and I mean this entire fuckin quagmire mess, is so stomach churning, so incredibly pointless, all these innocent people dying for a deluded man child, deserves punishment I don't even have the evil minded brain power to conjure up. he has fucked his entire country for no reason, other than he thought he could play god, and do whatever he wanted. I know he's always been a snake, but I sorta gave him some mental props at one point long ago, thought he was a skilled chess player. thought his power over Trump was well played. but once again, we see how having too much power has corrupted the human mind. he has lost complete touch with reality, and doesn't seem like he'll ever be back. mad king syndrome. 

Always enjoy your posts zero ?

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, zero said:

yeah for sure. but here's hoping vladdy boy gets "the Gaddafi" treatment...bayonet up the ol arsehole. or maybe that'd be letting him off too easy. he needs a good old fashioned torture chamber to hang out in for the rest of his existence.

what that mofo has done here, and I mean this entire fuckin quagmire mess, is so stomach churning, so incredibly pointless, all these innocent people dying for a deluded man child, deserves punishment I don't even have the evil minded brain power to conjure up. he has fucked his entire country for no reason, other than he thought he could play god, and do whatever he wanted. I know he's always been a snake, but I sorta gave him some mental props at one point long ago, thought he was a skilled chess player. thought his power over Trump was well played. but once again, we see how having too much power has corrupted the human mind. he has lost complete touch with reality, and doesn't seem like he'll ever be back. mad king syndrome. 

early on when all this started someone said "this would be like if the USA suddenly attacked Toronto".  it seemed nuts to a lot of people but some people didn't understand just how fucking crazy this was to do. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, zero said:

I hope he gets a one-way ticket to the moon via an RPG-7 up the bunghole

• Like 1

BBC headline is Wagner leader leaves for Belarus

Cool. Isn’t that where Russia recently dropped off a load of nuclear weapons? 

Don’t trust this situation at all.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, beerwolf said:

BBC headline is Wagner leader leaves for Belarus

Cool. Isn’t that where Russia recently dropped off a load of nuclear weapons? 

Don’t trust this situation at all.

It feels very orchestrated. Like prigo wanted out of wagner without losing face, and his public criticism of the russian armed forces were maybe an echo of Putin’s thoughts. This way, he gets to peace out, wagner militants get absorbed, putin “wins” by quelling an uprising or something…. Idk I’m not smart like most of you but most of this just feels “off” doesn’t it?

Idk I can see a lot of the negatives too but as I was saying earlier this (likely false) “treason” gives putin a scapegoat  if the Ukrainian counter offensive is successful he can blame it on the treason of wagner. It could be an orchestrated pull out or some shit. Admitting the weakness of his inner circle including strategists would do him much more harm politically vs a fake ostracizing of a mercenary boss.

Edited by Hugh Mughnus
  • Like 4
  • Big Brain 1

No Russian military resistance while wagner travelled around 800km other than unverified RU military helis shot down. Gets close to Moscow but suddenly loses all conviction. No blood shed. Russian pawn in third world country brokers a negotiation. Doesn’t really add up. 

Edited by Hugh Mughnus
  • Like 7

Yeah, this is all a big WTF. But then this entire war has been WTF from he beginning (in 2014). None of it has made sense. Ukraine was not a military threat to Russia until they invaded Crimea and the west started arming and training the Ukrainian military. The Ukrainian government was so weak it didn’t need any active destabilizing whatsoever for the country to remain too big of a mess for the rest of the world, let alone the EU or NATO, to touch it. Vast segments of the Ukrainian population were basically Russian and thought of themselves as such until the invasion of 2022. On of the largest armies in the world, and the only significant army that had major experience with being in action during the past two decades has made mistakes even a rookie computer strategy game player wouldn’t make (a single file of slow moving trucks and tanks, really?).

Luckily there’s our resident WATMM Russia expert @Hugh Mughnusto explain things for us otherwise I’d be even more confused than I already am about his.

And I’m not being flippant here. Your take is probably the most sensible one.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

No Russian military resistance while wagner travelled around 800km other than unverified RU military helis shot down. Gets close to Moscow but suddenly loses all conviction. No blood shed. Russian pawn in third world country brokers a negotiation. Doesn’t really add up. 

very likely he received a message asking if he saw the bombers circling above the highway, or something to that effect. If prigozhin pushed forward, they would have been lit up from the sky.

18 hours ago, ignatius said:
18 hours ago, zero said:

Expand  

early on when all this started someone said "this would be like if the USA suddenly attacked Toronto".  it seemed nuts to a lot of people but some people didn't understand just how fucking crazy this was to do. 

exactly. the full invasion of ukraine always looked bizarre. it would only serve to make nato stronger and make russia and putin weaker.

these are the theories i like that account for it

• putin has cancer and he and the military both talked up the invasion for years and they needed to shit or get off the pot so they're using putin's last years to do it because they all know it's a terrible idea and this way they save face by trying and blame putin
  • putin felt the rats were closing in so he shifted to a martial footing. this serves to entrench him further and it provides pretext for doing things with the military that may serve the purpose of assuaging his paranoia
  • he was out of his mind with fear, knowing he was almost certainly, presently being caught by US intel for having an agent named trump very nearly succeed in taking down the us government from within. so he just went ahead and switched to full ww2 mode, preemptively. 
Edited by trying to be less rude

3 hours ago, beerwolf said:

I was gonna post yesterday that seeing trench warfare in 2023 seems utterly bizarre to me.

it is bizarre, but it also shows some similarities with ww1. the technological advances of military at the time reached a certain culmination point, where doctrines and firepower dictated a fixed-front stalemates to be a 'natural' course of events. things started moving again with the introduction of combined arms (tanks + aviation + infantry + artillery) -- ww2. Ukraine in 2023 is a sign of a similar culmination point in terms of technology and doctrines.

Edited by cichlisuite

5 hours ago, beerwolf said:

Yeah ww2 mode is a correct observation. I was gonna post yesterday that seeing trench warfare in 2023 seems utterly bizarre to me.

Except there were trenches in Korea, Iran / Iraq and probably others: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trench_warfare . So not *that* bizarre.

Except that no one expected anything else than a walkover, of course. 

5 hours ago, beerwolf said:

Yeah ww2 mode is a correct observation. I was gonna post yesterday that seeing trench warfare in 2023 seems utterly bizarre to me.

the drone footage is crazy and there's some stuff on twitter that just shouldn't be there. soldiers running through trenches and meeting head on and exterminating each other but mostly it's russians dying and ukranians filling them with lead from 3ft away. it's nuts. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, ignatius said:

the drone footage is crazy and there's some stuff on twitter that just shouldn't be there. soldiers running through trenches and meeting head on and exterminating each other but mostly it's russians dying and ukranians filling them with lead from 3ft away. it's nuts. 

Yeah, it's insane that such a real life harcore war footage is available for kids to watch without any limitations whatsoever. I bet there is some tiktok challenge to find, watch and share the sickest clip one can find. I'm not sure if they even are fully aware that the shit is real. I remember when there was some live footage of the Christchurch shooting people were commenting it was like watching FPS gaming :wtf:. I'm quite relieved there wasn't any smartphones when I was a kid because I'm pretty sure it would have traumatized my weak ass. The wildest things were pirate copy of Bad Taste and #6 from Slipknot.

When I heard about this revolution act, I thought it was orchestrated in order to give Vlad an excuse for drawing back the troops from Ukraine based on a internal conflict and not because the three day picnic march towards Kiev is still in progress. Naturally the necesssary acted fights would have caused some casualties from both sides, but these guys don't really value the life of their citizens/troops so sacrificing them to a cannon fodder is OK plan. But seems that wasn't the case since Prigo went off to a sleepover in Alexander's place. Pillow fight!

• Like 3

I’ve just found those trench warfare videos you have been talking about. On YouTube. Fuck. I presume there is other stuff out there, but I wasn’t expecting to see such footage on YouTube tbh. 

• 4 weeks later...

There's an interesting phenomenon called the "Wagner Gap" where, if you trawl through the multitude of reddit moron accounts, you'll find that lots of them went dark for a couple of days during the Wagner coup attempt. Their paymasters weren't sure who to back, so they weren't being given any orders about what to post, so they just stopped. Good evidence that they were troll farm accounts

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Walter Ostanek said:

There's an interesting phenomenon called the "Wagner Gap" where, if you trawl through the multitude of reddit moron accounts, you'll find that lots of them went dark for a couple of days during the Wagner coup attempt. Their paymasters weren't sure who to back, so they weren't being given any orders about what to post, so they just stopped. Good evidence that they were troll farm accounts

Remember kids, it only takes a couple million $ to pay for a giant online social media propaganda machine. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/23/2023 at 11:35 PM, auxien said:

Good ol' Priggy got merked in the most explicit of ways. There's no way those white smoke puffs, right before the plane drops flat-spinning out of the sky like a brick, weren't anti air. 

There's loads of specualtion that he faked his death but I don't believe it as that James Bond shit doesn't happen IRL. It was careless but more likely he was given an ultimatum, you or the family. 

Kremlin dwarves ain't nothing to fuck with. 

Reading about the sappers have been very sobering. Metal detectors don't work when the frontline is littered with debris so they have to poke around haphazardly using long metal rods. The mine fields can have as many as five mines per square metre and loads of them are Bouncing Betty-type ugly stuff. 

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/aug/13/ukraine-sappers-mine-clearers-russia-war

• Like 2

The ones the Ukrainian soldiers say they fear the most are the POM-2s and POM-3s. These are remotely distributed via rocket and float to ground on a parachute. The mine sits on its six spring-loaded feet waiting for its seismic sensors to be triggered.

Once detonated, it leaps into into the air to chest height and fires out 1,850 razors directly at its target. It has a lethal range of 16 metres.

mines are one of the most vile weapons of war ever devised by humans, no doubt. i try not to keep up with that stuff but those ^ sound particularly terrifying no doubt...the sappers interviewed have a good sense of reality/humor to them, it seems, which is heartening. you'd think there'd be some cool little Batttlebots-style devices created cheaply that could cover a ton of terrain per hour hunting for mines but it seems it's still a very human thing...i remember reading about some areas of the world with decades-old mines still in spots being sniffed out by these awesome little mice, but i doubt that's a valid solution on recently/potentially-still active battlefields.

but yeah Prigozhin's assassination seems a bit overt but i guess that was part of the reasoning for the method. making an example of him in relation to his digressions against the king president.

Edited by auxien
  • Like 1