IGNORED

Studio Pics

Guest brianellis

If it helps ease your mind, all my modules are home made as well. 

It saves a ton of money to just build them yourself.

I'll finish the case eventually, but the sounds are more important than how it looks, gnomesayan?

Edited by hautlle

If it helps ease your mind, all my modules are home made as well. 

It saves a ton of money to just build them yourself.

I'll finish the case eventually, but the sounds are more important than how it looks, gnomesayan?

Impressive ... what sort of modules did you build?

• 5 weeks later...

Finally built a bare-bones TNT Flexy Table to I finally have a shelf that's wide enough to hold the old Technics SA700 I got free in college and used for about 10 years starting around 2003 until I had to loan it indefinitely to my parents for space reasons an switch to a trash picked NAD.  I don't care about the looks or "audiophile" angle much, just wanted a cheap, easy to adjust and level custom shelf, so I saved some money and effort by just using 3/4" plywood instead of 2" MDF for the shelves, total cost was around $70 and it took about 20 minutes to build and level.

Traded the NAD to them for the Technics and just got it set up before work this morning.  Sounds and looks even better than I remembered.

Bottom shelf is for the old Dell I use to livestream, but I won't have time to set that back up until next week. Also devise some kind of little kickstand to keep the turn table lid open since the springs in the hinges broke 10 years ago and I have to take it off every time I play a record now.

post-19174-0-77026400-1550762752_thumb.jpg

Edited by RSP

• 4 weeks later...

I’m currently making a rack mount skeleton from scrap 2x4s, but I got to the screw phase and realized my pocket hole screws were about an inch too short. Now I have to go to Home Depot, which in reality means it’s getting postponed until next weekend

Once I finish it it will be cool though, because it will also function as a surface to set a table top over.

Edit: here it is on the left...also put in some shelves for monitors and other sundries

still have to put some visuals on the far walls. some people tell me to put up foam but i have never ventured into that realm. am open to recommendations

iJdqH5V.png

Edited by sheathe

• 2 weeks later...

very conflicted about whether to put a bigger mixer in or not...

don't think i'm at all interested in a mixer with built in fx unless someone can attest to them being worth anything in a studio setting...

Edited by sheathe

v nice :-) 

i switched from mixer to audio interface with shit ton of inputs route, and enjoy it.

but every now and then miss the mixer setup. might buy a new one one of these days.

Forget about foam, it's pretty much useless. On the other hand, DIY acoustic treatment (using rockwool etc..) is some of the smartest investment you can make ;)

One of my roommates moved out so I'm commandeering that room and turning my current one into a studio. It's going to be nice to have all of my gear out and able to play with.

i go back and forth between liking it and hating it. it definitely can become a big burden mess that just becomes too much of a headache to deal with, compared to being simple and using 1 or 2 things at a time. 

I'm due for new mixer, interface, and monitors, and I think I'll upgrade soon. At first I thought I wanted a mixer, but now I think I might go without because mixing/routing in software seems so much quicker and more flexible, and I don't like the idea of having a big mixer in my little room. I've always wanted parametric EQ and 3 or 4 sends per channel, though.

• 4 weeks later...

I haven't posted here in a while, mostly due to my studio being a bit of a mess. I made a new table yesterday though, just from a huge bit of wood (painted black) and some hardware store legs. Now I can have a bunch of stuff out at once and don't have to either have things packed away or stored in makeshift shelving.. though the right corner of the room could use some nice triangular corner shelving perhaps for little bits and pieces, hmm.

I'm digging the L-shaped desk though, it's gonna be way better for my videos than my previous setup, which was basically just the blue board on top of a keyboard stand lol

iM0s1HB.jpg

also that MS10 isn't mine, I'm babysitting it for a bandmate. I'd never let a synth get like that haha

I haven't posted here in a while, mostly due to my studio being a bit of a mess. I made a new table yesterday though, just from a huge bit of wood (painted black) and some hardware store legs. Now I can have a bunch of stuff out at once and don't have to either have things packed away or stored in makeshift shelving.. though the right corner of the room could use some nice triangular corner shelving perhaps for little bits and pieces, hmm.

I'm digging the L-shaped desk though, it's gonna be way better for my videos than my previous setup, which was basically just the blue board on top of a keyboard stand lol

iM0s1HB.jpg

also that MS10 isn't mine, I'm babysitting it for a bandmate. I'd never let a synth get like that haha

Nice setup. I love that you have an Electribe ES-1 right above the OT :)

• 2 weeks later...

Video day.  Just waiting for the raw footage to arrive and the sun to set and then I'll fire everything up.

FB5h3w7.jpg

Edited by TubularCorporation
  • Like 3

Recently been making noises with this lot. The gold pedal to the right of the mixer is the Pladaskt Fabrikat, awesome granular synthesizer that produces such a variety of sounds.

Also been making Sloe Gin haha 

P_20190430_220242_3.thumb.jpg.2b5b394012c86eff792a12da4a878471.jpg

3 hours ago, TubularCorporation said:

Video day.  Just waiting for the raw footage to arrive and the sun to set and then I'll fire everything up.

FB5h3w7.jpg

ooooh. lovely ? what're you doing with it? i'm messing around with VHS atm, tho just recording off laptop.. it's fun.. i want an analogue vid mixer so bad

edit: are those commodore monitors as great as their reputation suggests? seriously considering trying to get one.. i just have a 34cm crt tv found in hard rubbish. it's fine, but has started sporadically making a horrid whining noise which doesn't stop til you thump it. (not normal crt whine, much louder nastier one)

Edited by eryngi