IGNORED

What video games are you currently playing?

Rubin Farr

Still playing some DayZ with a friend. And although it's a big part of the charm, even with 2 players it's very hard to stay alive for long. Seems like the best thing you can do is work as a large, communicating and focussed group to keep constant awareness of your surroundings and have a large resource buffer. I love the intense feeling of hords of zombies running after you after shooting your last bullet though. We need more of these "emergent" multiplayer games. Hopefully the success of this mod will inspire other developers.

I'm also giving Alan Wake another chance (went DRM-free on GoG.com) and getting into it now. Still don't care much for the main character but I love the distorted visuals and suspense.

Yeah but don't you think that a realistic zombie mod should have realistic zombie interraction? They shouldnt be able to run! They should have kept with the "official" zombie-survival-guide rules lol

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah i saw Datura on the market yest.... intriguing.... im wondering if its like dear ester except with some interactivity?

Yeah it's sort of a mixture of dear esther (if set in a woods rather than by the coast), lsd: dream emulator, silent hill shattered memories, and myst (sort of). The standard (non Playstation Move) controls are a bit yucky though

ahh ok nice... so when you say yucky, does it ruin the gameplay or what? What makes it so bad?

It uses the motion sensor of the 6-axis/dual shock pad for the bulk of the interactivity which is kinda clunky. Moving and looking around the place is fine, but when doing things like opening doors you have to physically rotate the control pad 360 degrees (usually several times as the technology in the pad doesn't register it properly) which results in very stop-start progress and kind of pulls you out of the immersion of the game. I mean it's not enough to ruin the experience (it's not for example as soul destroying as controlling 'the arm' in the old PC game Trespasser), but I can see how the game would be much better if I had a Playstation Move.

If I were to give the game any award though it would be for 'Best pig animation in a game', sounds like I'm being facetious but when you see it you'll be like "Fuck me - that is an awesome realisation of a pig !"

ahh gotcha. i've had my ps3 for going on 2 months now, and never knew it had a motion sensor inside the controller.

themoreyouknow.jpg

I am sorta in a wierd spot where I'm getting bored of Dark Souls but can't figure out what to play.

I was playing Uncharted 3 but I got stuck at some level where you have to sneak around instead of just blowing up stuff. Totally ruined the mood for me.

I was playing ME3, but I wanted to finish a specific playthrough of ME2, and as such can't bring myself to try to finish off that final level.

I tried out ICO the other day, which wasen't bad, but after about 5 puzzles into it, I sorta got bored, found a couch and haven't played it since.

I'm sorta hoping Diablo 3 is going to break my Dark Souls addiction.

I think I'll download the PixelJunk 4AM beta and see if I can make music with the Move controllers.

First time I've heard about that game. The concept sounded good but the trailer really hasn't filled me with much confidence, seems like you just fart about adding extra noises to a background beat.

The worrying thing is that even in the trailer the guy fails to bring in any of the sounds and effects with any kind of timing...

Anyone here playing Xenoblade? No idea how much people around here care for JRPGs but this ones quite a lot of fun

It looks like a great JRPG until the 480p visuals set in... urgh.

I think I'll download the PixelJunk 4AM beta and see if I can make music with the Move controllers.

First time I've heard about that game. The concept sounded good but the trailer really hasn't filled me with much confidence, seems like you just fart about adding extra noises to a background beat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGTTVo_6S8M

The worrying thing is that even in the trailer the guy fails to bring in any of the sounds and effects with any kind of timing...

Yeah, I felt the same way, but this is Q Games/PixelJunk we're talking about, so hopefully this is more than just an interesting experiment.

Yeah, I felt the same way, but this is Q Games/PixelJunk we're talking about, so hopefully this is more than just an interesting experiment.

Ok, in the words of Mr. PaRappa T. Rapper - "I gotta believe". You'll have to let me know if it's any good as if so I'll probably finally stretch to getting myself a Playstation Move

I downloaded Limbo and Skullgirls, theoretically for my girlfriend, but I'll probably end up playing them before her, because I'm a terrible person, and also she's still playing Portal 1.

Holy crap, Stalker + OGSE mod is fucking amazing. I haven't even left the first area and there's already been all kinds of crazy shit going on. It's hard to say what the mod does but basically it makes the game world feel more alive and dynamic while keeping it balanced and in canon; different factions, people and monsters show up randomly but in a balanced way, which provides for great spectacles and opportunities to scavenge. I liked vanilla stalker but it felt sort of lifeless and dull, this mod pretty much fixes all of it without ruining the game, which alot of the bigass mods out there seem to do.

Ok, in the words of Mr. PaRappa T. Rapper - "I gotta believe". You'll have to let me know if it's any good as if so I'll probably finally stretch to getting myself a Playstation Move

We got the Move controllers and navigation controller when our local store had a 50% off sale on them - there are some fun party-type games for it, but honestly it's just like the Wii - fun for a bit, but nothing you'd want to play an entire game with, and certainly not a hardcore game (I could never imagine playing Killzone 3 with it, although I am curious if I would be better at FPSes with that type of aiming system versus a analogue stick). They're sitting there collecting dust until I get them out for PixelJunk 4AM.

In short: nice to have, but yet to see a 'must have' game that uses it.

still playing CoD MW3...im lvl30 now but fuck me i think im just naturally bad at FPS games....I have a kill/death ratio of .50, and cant ever seem to get more than 3 kills in a row before im terminated. I can tell some of these guys spend ALL of their time doing this. Insane.

Anyone here playing Xenoblade? No idea how much people around here care for JRPGs but this ones quite a lot of fun

Despite the low resolutions the graphics still look alright on my HDTV. But more importantly, the landscapes are ENORMOUS, with lots of detail. And the soundtrack is among my favorites!!!

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

I know some other people are as interested in the Day Z Arma 2 mod, this PC Gamer interview with the creator is pretty good.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/05/16/day-z-interview-how-zombies-arma-2-created-gamings-best-story-machine/

You can't title links anymore and they auto shorten so you can't really see much from the url? Is there not a better way?

Switch to 'old' editing mode (like real men do !) using the light switch icon on the top left of the editing box and do this :

[url=Your Url]Shortened description of the url[/url]

So for example for your link

[url=http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/05/16/day-z-interview-how-zombies-arma-2-created-gamings-best-story-machine/]Oh look, another bloody zombie game[/url]

Becomes:

Yay zombies, everyone loves zombies

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

yeah i just can't get excited for this game. a HUGE fan of their games. just started sidescroller which is FUN but not essential like their other games were. too similar to shooter

yeah i just can't get excited for this game. a HUGE fan of their games. just started sidescroller which is FUN but not essential like their other games were. too similar to shooter

You do know that Sidescroller was inspired by a demo level they did for Shooter (and that appears at the very end of the game, once you meet certain conditions), right?

Sidescroller might be there best game yet IMO - it's very deep, and very hard (especially on the hard difficulty).

And, the music is excellent (and why shouldn't it be - it's by part of the Orb!)

iRacing, still the only TRUE racing sim on the market

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYxfJraQuCI

tracks scanned with lasers, not the fucking truck going 15mph with plenty of erros + google maps to correct, but true stations each 200m that gives 99% track accuracy. Physics that would melt an Xbox by itself LOL. 35000 people subcribed and racing online.

Archived