IGNORED

VHS Head - Trademark Ribbons of Gold

Guest disparaissant

that particular vocal sample is 9 minutes into part 2/10 on youtube.

god what an awful awful turd of a movie. i probably have not seen this since i was like 8 and i should definitely keep it that way.

That movie was good!

u crazy. i didn't even like it when i was little, haha. jittlov scared me.

Surely it would hurt the pressings company more than Skam, unless they press themselves?

Im always wary of buying what people keep praising as "album of the year" ( :trashbear: ), think I need to hear a few more samples.

Cut up / Mash-up / glitchy stuff hasnt really been my bag, but its getting plenty of praise so I think I should give it a go.

Surely it would hurt the pressings company more than Skam, unless they press themselves?

Im always wary of buying what people keep praising as "album of the year" ( :trashbear: ), think I need to hear a few more samples.

Cut up / Mash-up / glitchy stuff hasnt really been my bag, but its getting plenty of praise so I think I should give it a go.

Skam don't press stuff themselves, they seem to use MPO quite a lot, and usually they're very good. I'm imagining that Skam will probably get the repress at no cost to them, since MPO gave them a defective product.

also, LOL at people calling this glitch

also, LOL at people calling this glitch

ive not heard it yet myself, just going by the copious amounts of glitch references in this thread.

I will give the MAH show a go tonight then.

i will say this much - it's definitely marmite

I have serious doubts that this is a gescom/ae or boc side-project as many have been speculating. This person seems to have their own unique twist on music. Almost like a unique, collage effect of interesting noises and jumpy melodies. Very different style compared to a lot of other electronic musicians out there. So far, this is one of the best releases I've purchased for a long time when it comes to music. It's early days still, but so far Oversteps is still outdoing a lot of recent releases this year for me though. Not sure if that is the same for others?

I gave most of this album a listen last night after reading such great things about it here... I just wasn't feeling it. Really just sounded like a mess to me. A few moments stood out but no complete tracks... I wonder what I'm missing.

I don't understand the BOC references either... doesn't remind me of them at all.

:(

I gave most of this album a listen last night after reading such great things about it here... I just wasn't feeling it. Really just sounded like a mess to me. A few moments stood out but no complete tracks... I wonder what I'm missing.

I don't understand the BOC references either... doesn't remind me of them at all.

i think 84 pontiac dream is probably the most 'vhs head' boc cos of the warped 80s tv ident sounds,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIK3G7VuqXM

but there's that kind of thing in a fair bit of their stuff.

i think 84 pontiac dream is probably the most 'vhs head' boc cos of the warped 80s tv ident sounds,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIK3G7VuqXM

but there's that kind of thing in a fair bit of their stuff.

Old Tunes stuff and Midas Touch / Trapped also