IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

4 hours ago, milkface said:

Often the release dates are fucked on spotify when the rights get moved to another label and they get reuploaded or something. The process of telling spotify to change them is super long but I do it anyway when I can be arsed - I've had about 15 albums fixed in the last few years. I still need to get round to doing most of Muslimgauze and The Brian Jonestown Massacre's albums.

That's a noble task!  In this instance, it's a case of them being remastered 20+ years later.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ignatius said:

wow. that's uh... full of interesting choices. weird. had not heard that one.. 

Apparently it wasn't released in the US originally, and they didn't tour for it.  Rumour has it it was intended as a Jaz Coleman solo album, but production costs got out of control, so the label insisted they release it as Killing Joke to help recoup costs... which didn't really work out for anyone.

If the music were played by a symphony it would make a solid film score.

• Like 1

Just tried browsing watmm in chrome beta on my phone. It's... very special. I think this might be a fws.

Screenrecorder-2022-02-18-10-51-09-306.mp4 Edited by Silent Member
  • Haha 1
  • Burger 1
  • Farnsworth 1

On 2/14/2022 at 8:10 PM, Nebraska said:

is this becoming a problem?

What is this? Can you give some context? 

4 hours ago, Silent Member said:

Just tried browsing watmm in chrome beta on my phone. It's... very special. I think this might be a fws.

Looks like you might have taken some acid there, buddy. 

^^ dan p is one of those conservative's that wears a suit then claims he's a trillonaire (according to his website) and wants to help you be one too by selling you a bunch of lectures where he tells you how much you suck and how much he doesn't. he also has a lot of real estate in .uk like this castle where, if you pay him enough, you can go there so he can berate you for an entire week.

xyJ7pVP.jpg

gas in los angeles is a serious first world problem

Edited by Nebraska

3 hours ago, Nebraska said:

damn that's crazy. I know gas over there is always more expensive than other places in the US, but still. and I just read it could get to as high as $7!

would be so nice not to always have to rely on a car to get to just about everywhere in this country. but thanks to numerous bad urban planning decisions being made back in the day (think you posted a good video about that on here recently), a lot of us have no option to walk to get anywhere really. other than down a street of other box shaped abodes with patches of grass in front of them.

2 hours ago, zero said:

damn that's crazy. I know gas over there is always more expensive than other places in the US, but still. and I just read it could get to as high as $7!

would be so nice not to always have to rely on a car to get to just about everywhere in this country. but thanks to numerous bad urban planning decisions being made back in the day (think you posted a good video about that on here recently), a lot of us have no option to walk to get anywhere really. other than down a street of other box shaped abodes with patches of grass in front of them.

LA had its throat slit by the oil companies long ago. if you've seen Who Framed Roger Rabbit.. that's basically what happened to the street cars and light rail in LA (minus the cartoons).  happened everywhere in the US as well in different ways. 

didn't know gas was so high there now. it's stayed pretty much in typical ranges here in portland. 

27 minutes ago, toaoaoad said:

What do you mean a finite resource is becoming more and more expensive?!

some of it is false inflation.. execs deciding to use inflation as an excuse and raising prices. exon/mobile made more profit than previous quarters. inflation angle is bullshit in a lot of sectors i guess. 

whatever happens in ukraine could change some things though.. at least over there. pipelines and such. but who knows. it's all a shit show. buy a bike. take a bus. walk. stay home. fart in a jar for profit. 

it's a shame there aren't more trains because no one here knows how to drive.. well.. maybe like 2 out of 5 people do. 

g2fhjl477oi81.gif?width=430&format=mp4&s

Edited by ignatius
  • Like 1
  • Farnsworth 1
  • Big Brain 1

15 hours ago, Nebraska said:

^^ dan p is one of those conservative's that wears a suit then claims he's a trillonaire (according to his website) and wants to help you be one too by selling you a bunch of lectures where he tells you how much you suck and how much he doesn't. he also has a lot of real estate in .uk like this castle where, if you pay him enough, you can go there so he can berate you for an entire week.

xyJ7pVP.jpg

lol that's significantly cheaper than European prices

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yeah this is really just Americans losing the subsidies around gas prices that have been kept up for so long. Still sucks, cause the real fwp is the lack of good public transport in most North American cities. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chenGOD said:

Yeah this is really just Americans losing the subsidies around gas prices that have been kept up for so long. Still sucks, cause the real fwp is the lack of good public transport in most North American cities. 

it's not losing subsidies as much as it's price increases using inflation as an excuse. but i think that will just continue as the oil companies get twitchy about new technology and electric cars etc. 

I already wanna quit my job that I started on tuesday.  My coworkers are old rednecks and i dont fit in with them.  One of them drops n bombs casually for laughs and is constantly shitty to everyone around him.  It's a horrible place to work.

• Sad 3

43 minutes ago, drillkicker said:

I already wanna quit my job that I started on tuesday.  My coworkers are old rednecks and i dont fit in with them.  One of them drops n bombs casually for laughs and is constantly shitty to everyone around him.  It's a horrible place to work.

Ugh. So sorry, homie. Can you talk to the boss or HR about that? Or is your boss the one dropping n bombs? If you just started, who knows, maybe they may appreciate the intel? Good luck, whatever the case. I couldn’t stomach that. 

22 hours ago, ignatius said:

it's not losing subsidies as much as it's price increases using inflation as an excuse. but i think that will just continue as the oil companies get twitchy about new technology and electric cars etc. 

I mean it’s probably both, which is why California prices are almost as much as BC, but on par or slightly more expensive than Alberta (heavily subsidized and no provincial sales tax). 
Inflation is real (not to the extent some sectors are gouging us for), and as pressure from other types of transportation becomes stronger, the price of gas will continue to increase. 
Even some of the OPEC cartel are realizing this and investing in EVs and other forms of energy use. Still a long ways to go before things get “clean”.

Sorry, I forgot we were in the SFWP thread, not the “oh shit the planet is dying” thread. 

• Farnsworth 1

2 hours ago, J3FF3R00 said:

Ugh. So sorry, homie. Can you talk to the boss or HR about that? Or is your boss the one dropping n bombs? If you just started, who knows, maybe they may appreciate the intel? Good luck, whatever the case. I couldn’t stomach that. 

There is no HR there.  The place is out in the country where everyone is like that, and the guy is one of the most important workers at the place so i doubt saying something would do much.  I think i just need a different job.

• Sad 1

it's true. i've been awake since 3am and i don't know why. i went to get some new lightbulbs because the porch light was out and i only had 40w LED bulbs which aren't bright enough. 

bought 2 lightbulbs. got home put in a new one. didn't work. had to take it back and swap for working ones. 

2 trips for light bulbs. my god wtf is happening in the universe. 

now i'm watching the netflix doc about Boeing. "Downfall" which is about the Max airplane that was grounded because of crashes/problems w/the stupid stall system and poor quality control and everything is terrible. also, caffeine. 

major flooding in this area; roads & highways cut, bridges & livestock washed away, whole towns underwater, no food or petrol, power is off & on, rubbish & dead animals washing up on beaches, ppl camping out everywhere they can. lost the stereo, washing machine & oven. saved my artwork & vinyls.

• Sad 8