IGNORED

The Most Underrated / Overrated Music

Redruth

Guest murphythecat8

Overated: luke vibert, clark,

Top (in order) electro: Kettel, Aphex Twin, Secede, Proem, Ochre, Wisp, Arovane, Jon Hopkins,

Top 10: Dinosaur Jr, Gil scott, Coltrane, Miles davis, Hendrix, Zappa, Tristano, Chopin, Van morrison, DMB,.

There cannot be contentment in the mind if there's desire.

-Ayya Khema

Does the "DMB" in your sig stand for "Dave Matthews Band"?

yes, I'm in love with early DMB.

I shouldnt say clark and luke vibert, its much better then a lot of shit, but I feel its a bit overated comparing a couple of totally underated electronic artist

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Clark is one of a kind. No-one does his specific breed of choons.

I wish more people did drums like this:

As a jazz enthusiast, Murphy, I would think that you would fucking love Body Riddle: It's kinda the closest I've ever heard an electronic musician get to Elvin Jones' loose, swirling rhythms.

Guest murphythecat8

I think Clark is one of a kind. No-one does his specific breed of choons.

I wish more people did drums like this:

As a jazz enthusiast, Murphy, I would think that you would fucking love Body Riddle: It's kinda the closest I've ever heard an electronic musician get to Elvin Jones' loose, swirling rhythms.

I do like clark, especially body riddle. For me, body riddle is by far his best album. I prefer his first three album way more then his three after Youve likely posted my favorite clark song there!

Still, the fact that he is held in such high regard is a bit overated. I dont say he makes bad music, no at all. but theres better artist out here. However, clark would likely make my top 20 EDM artist.

I mean come on, nobody talks about secede, proem or ochre at all. Its just unfair

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Underrated Downbeat:

Swod

Asmus tietchens

Vidna Obmana

Gel-Sol

Troum

Woob

Pan sonic

Praveen

Tetsou Inoue

Secede

Maps and diagrams

Muhr

markus guetner

Underrated Upbeat:

Lackluster

min y llan

International people gang

Sine WeaverArbol

Ruxpin

mick chillage

All india radio

Yagya

overrated:

kendrick lamar's to pimp a butterfly: blows my mind that this album received/and continues to receive so much acclaim. sounded very mediocre to me

underrated:

camp lo's ragtime hightimes: did anyone even notice these guys released a new album?

overrated:

kendrick lamar's to pimp a butterfly: blows my mind that this album received/and continues to receive so much acclaim. sounded very mediocre to me

hipsters praising pop music is the new hipster :emotawesomepm9:

for real though I agree, but I don't listen to much hip hop

I don't understand what people see in Pink Floyd. I find their music incredibly boring. To my ears they're massively overrated, my big idiot ears.

overrated:

hipsters praising pop music is the new hipster :emotawesomepm9:

for real though I agree, but I don't listen to much hip hop

It is, but I think Kendrick is a lot less of a "pop" artist than someone like Beyonce, who lately receives massive praise from the likes of Pitchfork.

good kid, m.A.A.d city deserves all the praise it gets, in my opinion, but To Pimp a Butterfly feels quite overblown. "The Blacker the Berry" is an insanely good song though.

I don't understand what people see in Pink Floyd. I find their music incredibly boring. To my ears they're massively overrated, my big idiot ears.

Have you heard the song "The Trial"?

Sent from my pee-pee using poo-poo

You cant really hate an institution like Floyd, it'd be like hating the Grateful Dead during those peak Pigpen years (fk RH y'all)

"Overhead the albatross shits in my hair,...blah blah"

yeah its overplayed is the problem, rather than the qualty

there were some fuckin awful prog bands, total Spinal Tap theater Rick Wakeman styles, but Floyd werent 1 of them

always found them v upper middle class Anglo-Saxon in interviews, reticent but arrogant too with that emotional reserve that i cant stand, but as a sonic theme their sounds were pretty havinit, specifically the Syd B tunes.

theres so much good music everywhere from that whole period, its like a universe in itself

Hawkwind are a sort of cosmic theater, but at least their music had soul and balls, and just look at all the German releases that remain timeless & Terry Riley's Theater of Eternal Music/Dream House lp is F8

Andrew Liles and Stephen Stapleton continue to amaze, although how they keep it all going is anyone's guess, the quality control is buy on sight

I know a few friends who feel the same. Though myself definitely not included!

Feel bad saying overrated but that Jlin album...

It's got at least two no 1s on best of 15 lists and I cannot for the life of me figure why....

i guess that goes for all footwork though....

Rob Clouth is pretty underrated...there aren't many gush fests about him in these parts which is odd

As far as hip hop goes....KA is underrated as is Breezly Brewin...

Archived