IGNORED

Dave Monolith - Welcome

Redruth

How it sounds to my ears so far

I don't know the ep, I just listened to some excerpt two or three times some time ago, and now I'm playing that album and didn't even finish it (I'm at Covoder right now)

so I know writing so soon could be pointless but I just want to share my feeling, which I already felt when I heard the excerpt back in time and which seems to confirm now.

Anyway,

What I hear reminds me The Tuss a lot (I know a lot of people doesn't seem to agree but common, you can't deny the use of the cheesy analogue sounds brings that kind of tussy atmosphere), but not in a good way IMO, like he understood how to make tuss-like sounds but kind of standardize the music. Like "here's a nice vintage bass line with some shaker in the background ; ok, eight measures have past, let's add a high pitched pad, and in a few seconds let's bring the beat". It seems kind of automatized and polished.

That's even more embarrassing for me because the only reference I have (the only thing with which I can compare what I'm hearing) is The Tuss, and I suppose everybody here will agree that The Tuss is nothing about standards. It has that experimental thing that makes every measure of the song a potential drastic change of atmosphere.

I don't find it's unpleasant, but I imagine me listening to that better in the background of a party or in a concert than on my own at home. Once more I need more time to decide but here's the first thought. Also, I'm sure I'm bad influenced by having too much read that - indeed - shitty thread :biggrin:

edit : Zunker is playing right now and I find it sexier than what I've heard previously. And I don't know if Babar was speaking of this one a few pages before but I definitely hear a Daft Punk vibe here

Ok, so how many other artists do you people hate because they aren't The Tuss?

I don't know if that's partly for me, but anyway I honestly don't know other artist that sounds like The Tuss. I'm not familiar with the latest things released at Rephlex and as I understood it was a kind of trend lately so that might be the reason. But The Tuss sound is extremely recognizable and I think I would be a little disappointed even if afx himself would go for another tuss-sounding album or ep next.

Edited by Antape

Guest Gravity

Box 9 is icy as fuck. Overall a good release.

Really into: Box 9, Covoder, Taffynek, Farewell Frenchman (was it played a tiny bit faster on that old Electronic Explorations show or am I nuts?), Airbrite, Hot 32 Day.

mine too. what shall we talk about now? i think we've done monolith.

Heheh

this thread is gash

Hey Lord o,

Gash meens pussy round my way. Something you wanna fuck. I dont want to stick my cock into this thread thank-you Lord o.

Steinvord? New Boards of Canada?

Borgore?

Heheh

this thread is gash

Hey Lord o,

Gash meens pussy round my way. Something you wanna fuck. I dont want to stick my cock into this thread thank-you Lord o.

from the parts of the UK i've lived in, using the word 'gash' in that context is certainly not something positive.

Ok, so how many other artists do you people hate because they aren't The Tuss?

i think if this album came out with 'AFX' stamped on the front of it most of the haterz here would be all over it saying how fucking good it was - best album of 2011, guyz! yeah! AFX did it again guyzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!!!!!!!! lol

i think if this album came out with 'AFX' stamped on the front of it most of the haterz here would be all over it saying how fucking good it was - best album of 2011, guyz! yeah! AFX did it again guyzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!!!!!!!! lol

yeah, no

'hot 32 day' (last track) is pretty dope.

Edited by barbara planar

Where does the music line that pops out at 1:05 in Zunker comes from ?

It reminds me of Daft Punk but I can't remember which track.

It's very similar to the bassline in Burnin' if I remember well. Plus the acid sound a that precise moment of Zunker sounds a little bit like some Daft Punk acid sounds. That bit picked my curiosity as well at the first listen ^^

mostly very good - a bit meh

think i know what you meant earlier antape

i listened to akunk today and its just better but.....

i'm not making comparisons

monolith you fucking rock

i actually prefer his ep.

Guest Wu kitty

i think its amazing only listen on youtube but may actually buy the album well i should really because it really good and new and fresh