IGNORED

Dave Monolith - Welcome

Redruth

agree on that aswell

For me, this is not a one-sitting album. But the individual tracks definitely match the expectations. There are so many things happening in the individual tracks, listening to everything in one sitting just creates an overload. My feeble mind just can't handle al the twists and turns.

This album is a grower. I don't understand all the negativity in this thread, really.

looking at this purely objectively, this is pretty good. I especially like the ones that sound like cool alien sounds and sometimes sound like a video game or something, i dunno, just some thoughs

this is my favourite thread

ever

well, it seems there's some discussion of the album, and there are regular, intermittent, sort of 'ego princess' check-ins, to let us know their latest stand on the album, or how 'shit' the thread is.

thread is shit due to Brian and several others.

but i love the album.

and think you're a dick.

this is my favourite thread

ever

well, it seems there's some discussion of the album, and there are regular, intermittent, sort of 'ego princess' check-ins, to let us know their latest stand on the album, or how 'shit' the thread is.

but i love the album.

and think you're a dick.

Lol +1

Best album of 2011 for me. Lush in every way. The guy can do nothing but get better, so, its incredibly promising to the genre of music I find a bit lacking in terms of artists.

I can't wait to see what else watmm shits on this next year :music: I hope you all know Dave is probably laughing, if he even reads this.

i think if this album came out with 'AFX' stamped on the front of it most of the haterz here would be all over it saying how fucking good it was - best album of 2011, guyz! yeah! AFX did it again guyzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!!!!!!!! lol

yeah, no

'hot 32 day' (last track) is pretty dope.

just fyi, i'm not saying it's the best album of the year. what i meant was that that's what all the Tuss and Aphex obsessives would be saying if it had 'AFX' written on the front cover instead of "Dave Monolith".

i think if this album came out with 'AFX' stamped on the front of it most of the haterz here would be all over it saying how fucking good it was - best album of 2011, guyz! yeah! AFX did it again guyzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!!!!!!!! lol

yeah, no

'hot 32 day' (last track) is pretty dope.

just fyi, i'm not saying it's the best album of the year. what i meant was that that's what all the Tuss and Aphex obsessives would be saying if it had 'AFX' written on the front cover instead of "Dave Monolith".

i disagree. while i've been enjoying 'welcome' well enough, it sounds inferior (sound quality, etc.) to the tuss albums. if it were indeed AFX, i think "obsessives" would consider it a lesser piece of work? listening back to fredugolon 6, there's just more weight, texture, and imperfection to the sounds/arrangements. the monolith stuff has a level of polish where the sounds don't seem to breathe with the nuance and dynamic range as the those on rushup and confederation.

Edited by barbara planar

you give me too much credit. and i just love the fact that one can't express an opinion different than others and have a lol with it without being called a dick on this board.

chill out, it's just a crappy album for tuss's sake lololol

Guest ruiagnelo

you give me too much credit. and i just love the fact that one can't express an opinion different than others and have a lol with it without being called a dick on this board.

chill out, it's just a crappy album for tuss's sake lololol

The thing is that you could have just write a post saying how crappy you think the record is and how it sucks and move on, but you keep on coming here and say it over and over again, and that's what is annoying; the way you keep polluting this thread.

Guest ruiagnelo

what's worse is people getting fixed on the "negative" posts and feel that they need to defend the album.. like it's a personal attack. just let it go, the music obviously of interest to [tregaskin, etc.]

i think you are right. i guess this thread has just become a matter of personal defense, either from those who love it or those who hate it. i just don't understand why this doesn't happen regularly with any release

it's all ok really because what i think and what you think is of no importance. who cares? i forgive you my son

B96_background20jesus20hugs20man20.jpg

Is that Richard comforting Dave after reading this thread??

If I didn't know better, I would have thought you implied the father, the sun, and the holy spirit were one and the same. And thus, Dave is Richie? But I know better. I believe.

I really feel bad for monolith,hes a good guy. (Rephlex taking 3 years to release this album did not help)

I feel he will learn from the mistakes he made in "WELCOME" and comeback with a superb album.

I played it for the second time today and the same thing happened.

The first track injects some great, spacey Tuss vibes into my brain. My balls and ears twitch with anticipation. Then the next few tracks wash over me rather forgettably and I drift into my own thoughts, I think my brain engages again by track 7 or 8. It seemed better on second play.

Just thought I would let you know.

but in all seriousness, the only reason some of you see this as a disaster/bad album is that you don't actually listen to monolith much or you expected something groundbreaking. You guys created this hype on your own, a lot of the shit on this album probably predates his vol. 1 material. It is what it is, monolith is just some random guy that you guys pysched yourselves up about and now you feel let down. The only reason you feel let down is because you are an idiots, you let yourselves down. This is just some tunes on a record god dammit.

furthermore comparing it to the tuss and basing your opinion on the quality of it by trying to hold it up to some made-up standards is completely fucking retarded.

check out some stuff on his soundcloud

Guest ruiagnelo

but in all seriousness, the only reason some of you see this as a disaster/bad album is that you don't actually listen to monolith much or you expected something groundbreaking. You guys created this hype on your own, a lot of the shit on this album probably predates his vol. 1 material. It is what it is, monolith is just some random guy that you guys pysched yourselves up about and now you feel let down. The only reason you feel let down is because you are an idiots, you let yourselves down. This is just some tunes on a record god dammit.

furthermore comparing it to the tuss and basing your opinion on the quality of it by trying to hold it up to some made-up standards is completely fucking retarded.

check out some stuff on his soundcloud http://soundcloud.com/dave-monolith

i agree with you.

for me is very simple: if there was no Tuss, and thus no comparison reference, this album would be watmm's release of the decade.