IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

the-changes.jpg

wow. this was brilliant and weird. a girl wakes up to find "something" has happened on earth and caused everyone to begin smashing up cars, television, toasters and any mechanical or electrical device they can find. people consider technology evil and hear a "noise" when they're near anything modern like power lines that makes them violent.

i really wish this was longer but it's kinda perfect how it is. also contains a very 'advisory circle' theme song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjVqHVo0nq0

how bout a discussion of Ash vs Evil Dead episode 1? I'm grabbing it now.

Edit: wow the plot seems incredibly flimsy, even more so than the movies. Raimi's ballet of violence was really the only thing making it watchable, but he only directed the pilot, and a cliche cop on Ash's tail? Yawn. It better go somewhere.

that indian gerhart hitman's investigation felt like using cheatcodes in a quest video game though.

I feel ya. I suppose they were just trying to move that plot along quickly. Or, he's just a badass tracker. I'll forgive em' for that because his scenes were dolla-dolla bills yall.

Jean Smart is fucking great too.

Fargo is one of the most top notch things happening currently. And Billy Bob reminded me of just how awesome he really is with that first season. Damn son.

Fargo is one of the most top notch things happening currently. And Billy Bob reminded me of just how awesome he really is with that first season. Damn son.

It's a shame the ratings aren't there for this show. I don't understand what people are watching Monday night. (besides MNF)

Or, are people just waiting for things to finish & bingewatch?

the-changes.jpg

wow. this was brilliant and weird. a girl wakes up to find "something" has happened on earth and caused everyone to begin smashing up cars, television, toasters and any mechanical or electrical device they can find. people consider technology evil and hear a "noise" when they're near anything modern like power lines that makes them violent.

i really wish this was longer but it's kinda perfect how it is. also contains a very 'advisory circle' theme song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjVqHVo0nq0

After you mentioned The Owl Service earlier I put all the stuff recommended with it on amazon in my wish list.

This was one of the first things that caught my eye, cheers for the reminder.

Yeah, I'm currently watching that. It's still good, but Saga is pretty much a caricature this season. I don't know if her acting got worse or whatever, but it's not as good as I remember it.

Yeah, I'm currently watching that. It's still good, but Saga is pretty much a caricature this season. I don't know if her acting got worse or whatever, but it's not as good as I remember it.

yeah, there's something off about her this season. she does actual drama well enough but when they have her on autistic comic relief duties it just gets ridiculous and clowny. something about her right eyebrow too that makes her face kinda unintentionally goofy.

leftover s2 is really great. the first season took a while to get going but this one gets it with every single episode since the first. it still relies on those ridiculous and stagey contrivances but they feel more artful now and are backed up by extraordinary acting, really hard hitting drama in there and lots of interesting themes explored in an affecting manner.

the end credits to the last Fargo used this song from Raising Arizona

Holly Hunter sings it with the same lyrics to the baby as he wakes up from his dream,

edit: here is the original song : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Down_in_the_Willow_Garden

i think its based on an old folk tune? anyone know what its called if it is?

probably the best version I could find :

sounds like something Louis CK would dig, lol Edited by John Ehrlichman