IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

Staying with a friend who's obsessed with Bones starring the guy from Angel and the girl from New Girl's sister. Terrible.

Be glad it's their final season.  New Girl is shite now as well, can't watch it anymore.

'Redefines human consciousness for a new generation. Sets a radically enlightened paradigm for the 21st century technoculture. Reifies the cyber-eschaton with Quantum-Pop wit.'

Edited by doublename

Peter Capaldi quitting Doctor Who at Christmas Special.  It would have been so awesome if they had John Hurt do an entire season as the War Doctor.  What might have been.  Will the next Doctor finally be a departure from the past?  Time will tell... 

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/peter-capaldi-announces-leave-doctor-232200101.html

Taboo is really quite exceptional.

Still not sure what to make of this show. But, I can't not watch it. A Charles Dickens tale on meth I guess.

taboo - i wasn't sure what to make of it in the first 2-3 episodes which were a bit of a mess but now after 4 and 5 i can confidently say that i really enjoy it. i think it shouldn't be taken too seriously despite being all dark, edgy and intense, there won't be any in-depth commentary about imperialism, east india company and all that 19th century english shit. i think it's basically very video gamey in its character and flow (something like assasin's creed crossed with dishonored maybe and some talky rpg?). you got this badass rogue with some mythical abilities and questionable morals, but not without a strong core of righteousness (something that all video game protagonists must have) on some mysterious quest in the london underbelly, humming "hmm" to most of the questions. and there's a whole bunch of colorful and over the top characters (the prince is just fucking ridiculous, like something out of monty python) that he needs to navigate through/kill/manipulate/outsmart/seduce in order to progress, and all that results in multitude of very cool scenes. it's not too deep or smart but it's just very well produced, acted (besides that oona woman that is unwatchable) and ultimately entertaining.

it's very soapy and ridiculous and seems at odds with the regency setting which is usually about class and manners. makes me want to see a frankenstein miniseries shot like this. i like it a lot. reminds me of those mass market fantasy novels with badass covers that have alchemists and necromancers as characters.

I have started watching Moral Orel yesterday and I like it. Only 5 eps far but it's a relaxing 5 minutes and actually pretty funny (despite its cheesy and predictable jokes). I will now hold a Q&A on my experiences, shoot.

Adventure Time : Islands - Sooo Good. Love this show. 

Fuck I am so behind on this show - 200+ episodes now! I suppose I can pick up without having to backtrack quite a few seasons right?

I have started watching Moral Orel yesterday and I like it. Only 5 eps far but it's a relaxing 5 minutes and actually pretty funny (despite its cheesy and predictable jokes).

It relies heavily on the look and feel of those old David & Goliath shows it spoofs but yeah it's pretty good.