IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

10 hours ago, lyst said:

Trying for like the 3rd or 4th time to watch "The Expanse".   The first few episodes are so muddled, boring, and unlikeable.   I've made it to Episode 7 this time hoping I might push through to where it becomes good....

Yeah I gave up around e4 but I know people who follow it religiously now 

2 hours ago, Soloman Tump said:

Yeah I gave up around e4 but I know people who follow it religiously now 

Exactly the same here.  Honestly the first episode I didn't dislike was #8.  I literally had to watch that many hours of a show until it became watchable.  ??‍♂️.  I'm that desperate for a new show haha.  We shall see.

Severance was really good. Reminded me a of The OA.

Anything else like this? I really need more of these dystrophic fiction things that do not push into black mirror stereotypes too much but are really well made

Severance (TV Series 2022– ) - IMDb

• Like 3

On 9/25/2021 at 7:50 PM, dcom said:

Netflix and Neil Gaiman finally unveil the first look at The Sandman TV series (The A/V Club)

This. I'm really looking forward to it, having been a Gaiman/Sandman fan about as long as I can remember. Good Omens was as good as it gets, and the Sandman series is already looking better. Giddy middle-aged fanboys FTW.

wow, totally missed this was in production.

gobbled em up til ~seasons of mist, then i honestly kinda forgot about sandman (graphic novels in general for a while), but i have nothing but fond memories of the series.

gaiman also really seems into it, so this might actually work? (despite the comic really living through its medium, like with the different types of fonts and bubble styles, changing artists etc. )

• Like 1

12 hours ago, o00o said:

When searching for similar show to severance this comes up in google wonder if it’s any good:

that one is a bit cringe and it really  goes downhill in the second season...

Russian doll is quite good but it happens the same in the second season, downhill...

living with yourself is pretty good and fun and my favorite of these three but unfortunately or fortunately it wasn't renewed for a second season...

still, one of the best out there that watmm is missing is dream corp llc... it's the most idm'ish show nowadays...

edit: don't get me started with animation...:)

Edited by cruising for burgers
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, cruising for burgers said:

that one is a bit cringe and it really  goes downhill in the second season...

Russian doll is quite good but it happens the same in the second season, downhill...

living with yourself is pretty good and fun and my favorite of these three but unfortunately or fortunately it wasn't renewed for a second season...

still, one of the best out there that watmm is missing is dream corp llc... it's the most idm'ish show nowadays...

edit: don't get me started with animation...:)

Ah nice thx I will check them all out

MV5BYTNhY2VlMTItMzNhMS00MjllLWIzOGQtOGJl

this is one of those "made-for-television" movies that came out during the early 80s cold-war era trying to hypothesize the next major war. it's unfortunately bordering on roland emmerich levels of stupidity with some kind of russian assassination team taking out a bunch of american military personnel leading to an all out "response" from president rock hudson.

• Like 1

AMC is bringing back Max Headroom

https://www.ign.com/articles/max-headroom-could-be-getting-a-comeback

On 7/29/2022 at 12:39 PM, Nebraska said:

MV5BYTNhY2VlMTItMzNhMS00MjllLWIzOGQtOGJl

this is one of those "made-for-television" movies that came out during the early 80s cold-war era trying to hypothesize the next major war. it's unfortunately bordering on roland emmerich levels of stupidity with some kind of russian assassination team taking out a bunch of american military personnel leading to an all out "response" from president rock hudson.

This is the one with Lee Majors?

On 7/29/2022 at 4:01 AM, Berk said:

watching six feet under atm, s01 very nice so far

I grew up in a funeral home family and was a funeral director for 10 years.  people kept telling me to watch that show but no thank you - i've lived it so what's the point.

59 minutes ago, lyst said:

I grew up in a funeral home family and was a funeral director for 10 years.  people kept telling me to watch that show but no thank you - i've lived it so what's the point.

It’s for people that like to cry. A lot.

On 7/23/2022 at 7:04 PM, Rubin Farr said:

that bit w/the invisible car when they leave the nightclub.. fckn killed me. had a good laugh. i love how they sometimes will let you know about a premise for a joke or whatever then put it in their pocket until it's forgotten. then bring it out like a surprise. golden. 

On 7/29/2022 at 1:21 AM, iococoi said:

bruh..that shorsey thing. HUH!

On 7/28/2022 at 6:07 PM, cruising for burgers said:

2eps in on Stranger Things and despite its slow start, things start to happen in the end of the 1st episode, I dig...

season 1 is the weakest season imo. season 2 and 3 are solid.. fun. maya hawk is charming. 

8 minutes ago, Rubin Farr said:

who else is swamped with a backlog of shows? instead of cleaning out DVR space anymore, we just get buried in cues & watchlists, lol

i use mrs. torrance instead of dvr. easier than keeping track of things and knowing schedules etc. consuming media has kinda fucked me over the last year though. 

55 minutes ago, ignatius said:

that bit w/the invisible car when they leave the nightclub.. fckn killed me. had a good laugh. i love how they sometimes will let you know about a premise for a joke or whatever then put it in their pocket until it's forgotten. then bring it out like a surprise. golden. 

hopefully Katt Williams shows up again, him running down the street in his bathrobe was the hardest I've ever laughed at this show

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ignatius said:

season 1 is the weakest season imo. season 2 and 3 are solid.. fun. maya hawk is charming. 

I was talking about this last season... indeed she is charming... btw, most of the kids are ugly af...

Edited by cruising for burgers
  • Like 1

EDIT: @Rubin Farr's news about Max Headrom. Dunno why the quote never quoted :shrug:

Saw that news yeatyesterday. I remember loving the series as a kid- weird cyberpunk sci fi... but 0 idea if it holds up as an adult. The og series is on Tubi, might take a peek and see if it's all just nostalgia glasses. 

The guy who plays Max (can't remember his name) is legit awesome in everything I've seen him in (usually bit roles, but great in Eureka, Star Trek, Supernatural, etc )

Edited by T3551ER

59 minutes ago, T3551ER said:

EDIT: @Rubin Farr's news about Max Headrom. Dunno why the quote never quoted :shrug:

Saw that news yeatyesterday. I remember loving the series as a kid- weird cyberpunk sci fi... but 0 idea if it holds up as an adult. The og series is on Tubi, might take a peek and see if it's all just nostalgia glasses. 

The guy who plays Max (can't remember his name) is legit awesome in everything I've seen him in (usually bit roles, but great in Eureka, Star Trek, Supernatural, etc )

He played Moloch in Watchmen as well

0A974332-EC97-4BD1-84FC-6CC4A4BE5ED3.webp

• Like 1

17 hours ago, lyst said:

Most IDM 2022 imo

• Farnsworth 1

19 hours ago, Rubin Farr said:

hopefully Katt Williams shows up again, him running down the street in his bathrobe was the hardest I've ever laughed at this show

that entire scene in the house and all that is fucking great. kat williams is excellent in that and hilarious. that scene is so true in so many ways about how you can show up somewhere and there's a whole thing going on and everyone's in their own story in life etc. sometimes shows get bogged down when they create a bunch of hoops for a character to go through or a bunch of tasks but that episode hangs on really well and pays off. 

edit: the apple tv show "The Line". doc series.. only 4 episodes i think. it's about seal team 7 and their deployment to iraq and the fuckn psycho chief who trump pardoned after he was convicted of killing civilians. pretty crazy. gets dark. the whole thing sucks.  

Edited by ignatius