IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

Better Call Saul - the bodies are starting to pile up quickly, still no sign of Walter or Jesse yet. I'm imagining Kim must meet some grizzly fate in the series finale next year

Snowfall - catching up on some past seasons, this show is consistently good, but doesn't get the props other drug crime shows do bc the acting is too dry sometimes, trying to imitate BB. The soundtrack is always on point

Strange New Worlds - still getting better as it develops, the British Khan descendent is trying my nerves though

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Rubin Farr said:

Better Call Saul - the bodies are starting to pile up quickly, still no sign of Walter or Jesse yet. I'm imagining Kim must meet some grizzly fate in the series finale next year

Last six episodes are aired from july to august 2022.

Edited by scumtron
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Soloman Tump said:

I just started S1 of Stranger Things.  I know, i'm about 6 years behind.  Which is pretty standard for me and TV.  

Season 1&3 are good, 2&4 are bad. ymmv

1 hour ago, Rubin Farr said:

Season 1&3 are good, 2&4 are bad. ymmv

Just finished s4. @GORDOfeels kind of on point here, as it sometimes feels like just all set up for last couple of episode. My wife says that "nothing happens" in Stranger Things (by which I think she means the above... sometimes it all feels like setup for more setup). 

Had a realization though: because life there is no way I could have binge watched this. However, if I could have watched this all in like a weekend, I probably would have really enjoyed it. It's just NOT a season (maybe none of them are) where the episodes are really self contained or reach conclusion that's satisfying on their own (ep 4 maybe an exception). 

Again, life/age but if I could do it over, I'd somehow have a weekend free and just do bingers at the beginning of each episode until I either reached the end or passed out and would probably be pretty happy overall. 

5 hours ago, Soloman Tump said:

I just started S1 of Stranger Things.  I know, i'm about 6 years behind.  Which is pretty standard for me and TV.  

Season 1 is excellent. 2 was good, 3 was...a mixed bag but overall. I've not had a burning desire to watch 4 yet for that reason. 

Season 1 of Westworld was incredible as well but I've haven't been motivated to watch more of it. I feel asleep trying to watch the season 2 opener. Granted it was late but like, I clearly wasn't awaken by the episode's content. 

Anyone watching Outer Range? It's like Longmire and Yellowstone with all the crap I don't really care for taken out and replaced by a general concentrate of generic brand x-files and twin peaks weirdness. 

10 hours ago, joshuatxuk said:

Season 1 of Westworld was incredible as well but I've haven't been motivated to watch more of it. I feel asleep trying to watch the season 2 opener. Granted it was late but like, I clearly wasn't awaken by the episode's content. 

Season 2 of Westworld goes downhill fast. I'd watch it with low expectations if only to get some resolution on a couple things.

Don't get near season 3 tho.

1 hour ago, GORDO said:

Season 2 of Westworld goes downhill fast. I'd watch it with low expectations if only to get some resolution on a couple things.

Don't get near season 3 tho.

Season 4 begins June 26

Omg just accidentally clicked on this Mike Myers thing on Netflix called Pentaverate.

Its Mike Myers playing 90% of the cast (probably a covid thing as much as his ideas) and I'm not sure what it's really about. 

But I think it was meant to be a comedy. 

Austin Powers was fun 20 years ago. This is kinda like that but without the fun, and he's older. 

I watched that. It's shit. But I kind of liked it?!

8 hours ago, Silent Member said:

I watched that. It's shit. But I kind of liked it?!

Yeah I watched the first episode in kind of a strange fascination, then it rolled over to e2 and after about 10 mins I had to switch off and sit and think about what I had seen. 

• Big Brain 1

1 hour ago, Soloman Tump said:

Yeah I watched the first episode in kind of a strange fascination, then it rolled over to e2 and after about 10 mins I had to switch off and sit and think about what I had seen. 

After episode 1, skipped to the end of the series, it was just as dumb as expected. Glad I didn’t watch the whole thing.

• Like 1

Finally finished Ozark S4. Dark as fuck. Wendy Bird has to be one of the most unlikable characters around. Like way worse than Skyler White. I'm glad they wrapped it up - trying to drag it out longer would undoubtedly ruin it. As it stands, it's some fine television.

• Like 2

Finally watching the Sopranos in sequence from start to finish, I've just been catching the odd episode here and there earlier. It's so fucking good :happy:

• Like 2

On 6/9/2022 at 9:12 AM, joshuatxuk said:

Anyone watching Outer Range?

I watched it - first half I had high hopes, but man they rushed through the second half, and the season finale was a hot mess - should have been two episodes. It wasn't bad per se, you know what I mean, but it could have been executed a lot better.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, chenGOD said:

Finally finished Ozark S4. Dark as fuck. Wendy Bird has to be one of the most unlikable characters around. Like way worse than Skyler White. I'm glad they wrapped it up - trying to drag it out longer would undoubtedly ruin it. As it stands, it's some fine television.

Agreed on all points but I really feel that the wrap up left one more season to be desired. That final scene was a bit wtf?

Finished The Staircase. Good show / amazing cast. Definitely watch the documentary series first tho…

?/10

Watching Stranger Things S4 rn. It’s WAAAAAY better than that hot mess they had in S3. It is actually dark and fun again. Maybe not as good as s1 yet but I’m only half way in. Still, there’s some corny AF stuff. Also, the actress who plays nancy is way too skinny. Someone needs to give her a donut or something. 

• Burger 1