IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

On 7/28/2022 at 4:57 AM, Soloman Tump said:

Yeah I gave up around e4 but I know people who follow it religiously now 

Alright I labored myself into season 2 of The Expanse.  And STILL this show sucks ass.  Nothing redeemable about it at all to me, nothing that's made me want to keep watching.  I'm done.  No idea how this has such amazing ratings.

Wow, the 90’s eh? Just watched this, 3 hours gone in a blink of an eye. Funnily enough I was reminded of the Trump Netflix documentary. I posted up The Guardian review as it sums up exactly how I feel and saves me some typing. Definitely worth watching.

EAA2BD26-C712-44D9-8030-16CDDAC931E0.thumb.jpeg.0dd5b5ce2f5384fb6bb3ec63a11a2719.jpeg

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2022/aug/03/netflix-trainwreck-woodstock-99-review-the-festival-documentary-that-feels-like-a-disaster-movie

Edited by beerwolf
  • Like 2

On 7/31/2022 at 3:06 PM, ignatius said:

that entire scene in the house and all that is fucking great. kat williams is excellent in that and hilarious. that scene is so true in so many ways about how you can show up somewhere and there's a whole thing going on and everyone's in their own story in life etc. sometimes shows get bogged down when they create a bunch of hoops for a character to go through or a bunch of tasks but that episode hangs on really well and pays off. 

edit: the apple tv show "The Line". doc series.. only 4 episodes i think. it's about seal team 7 and their deployment to iraq and the fuckn psycho chief who trump pardoned after he was convicted of killing civilians. pretty crazy. gets dark. the whole thing sucks.  

I've been trying to get as much value as possible from a month of Apple tv+ - I loved Severance and Slow Horses, currently really enjoying For All Mankind. Pachinko is the last one on my list to try to get through before I cancel.

I'm also really excited for House of the Dragon. I hated the last couple seasons of GoT but I'm a big fan of the book series and loved Fire and Blood, so I'm cautiously optimistic about this - it's a much tighter, less sprawling narrative, fewer characters and arcs to juggle, so hopefully they'll get the pacing right this time.

The Sandman.  I'm surprised they didn't replace the lead character with a black trans pansexual paraplegic.  

Joking aside, it's alright.  Gets pretty boring at times though.

• Like 2

I’m on ep3, and it’s a good adaptation so far, the race and gender flipping isn’t a big deal, and Gaiman is helping steer the ship, but the stark visual of Dream & Death together is one of the trademark images used over & over again in the Sandman stories. Another age.

5A534B28-65C6-471A-9164-F4110EB78863.webp

jfc this Arcane show is bananas... at first I wasn't convinced, wasn't to much into this kind of animation style but damn, every episode is better than the last one...4th episode is bonkers... highly recommended... timj's seal of approval...

Edited by cruising for burgers

I watched it and it was great, although they really shit the bed with that imagine dragons track.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Rubin Farr said:

I’m on ep3, and it’s a good adaptation so far, the race and gender flipping isn’t a big deal, and Gaiman is helping steer the ship, but the stark visual of Dream & Death together is one of the trademark images used over & over again in the Sandman stories. Another age.

5A534B28-65C6-471A-9164-F4110EB78863.webp

Just finished Ep4 last night which crushed it. Huge Sandman fan, very dear to the heart (one of the first things my wife and I bonded over). Feel like it's getting better w every episode but also I find myself replaying earlier moments in my mind and discovering new layers as it goes on. 

Weird to go into this w such a knowledge of the source material, but pm thumbs up on the changes. Realize part of what is affecting things is that this is now a tv series, not a graphic novel being. 1:1 translated... as it should be. But, also, it features tonal shifts per episode that are also in keeping with the source material too. Very delicate balancing act. I do fear that a lot of the general public won't quite know what to make of it tho - it's... odd. 

Frankly, if it keeps up at this pace of quality I will murder Netlfix if they prematurely cancel it. Loads of groundwork being laid that beg to be unfolded ...

• Like 1

1775068-168

my wife and i have been watching this every night for the past week and it's been all kinds of hilarious.

everyone on this show swears up and down how they were "built" for the outdoors and how they can make fire with just their salaiva and a strand of hair. it's basically survivor, but alone.

the first guy made a nice cabin then realized he missed his family too much and almost had a heart attack. 1 out. 2nd woman accidentally ate hemlock after confusing it for some native delicacy and puked her guts out before she called it quits. another woman could barely catch food and lost so much weight her teeth were turning black. out. another guy had a melt down. just full blown melt down and cursed everyone out; quit and told everyone to go fuck themselves (viewers). one woman burned herself after she got hypothermia after trying to catch fish (she didn't) then she got too close to the fire trying to warm herself up.

so far one dude has been lucky enough to kill a deer and have like 4 days worth of rations while another guy has been invaded by grizzly bears like every night. this show is the definition of cruel. when they came to get the girl that had puked her guts out, they first needed to hear her rant, then sat in the boat and watched her haul all her gear herself. in misery after the possibly hemlock poisoning. 

i wish someone can make a show like this, but set in an urban setting. like kensington ave in philly

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Nebraska said:

1775068-168

my wife and i have been watching this every night for the past week and it's been all kinds of hilarious.

everyone on this show swears up and down how they were "built" for the outdoors and how they can make fire with just their salaiva and a strand of hair. it's basically survivor, but alone.

the first guy made a nice cabin then realized he missed his family too much and almost had a heart attack. 1 out. 2nd woman accidentally ate hemlock after confusing it for some native delicacy and puked her guts out before she called it quits. another woman could barely catch food and lost so much weight her teeth were turning black. out. another guy had a melt down. just full blown melt down and cursed everyone out; quit and told everyone to go fuck themselves (viewers). one woman burned herself after she got hypothermia after trying to catch fish (she didn't) then she got too close to the fire trying to warm herself up.

so far one dude has been lucky enough to kill a deer and have like 4 days worth of rations while another guy has been invaded by grizzly bears like every night. this show is the definition of cruel. when they came to get the girl that had puked her guts out, they first needed to hear her rant, then sat in the boat and watched her haul all her gear herself. in misery after the possibly hemlock poisoning. 

i wish someone can make a show like this, but set in an urban setting. like kensington ave in philly

I've watched many seasons. The show is amazing. The one in the Arctic for $1 mil is exceptional (season 7). There are two really great contestants in that one. The Kensington Ave. idea is genius, but even more cruel.

• Like 1

The sandman 

It's all over the place, sometimes interesting sometimes embarrassing, achieving unintentional doctor who levels of camp sometimes. After the first story is done (which I liked) it loses all purpose. 

The level of 'diversity' in casting and characters does stick out.

I'm not familiar with the source material but I feel it misses an opportunity to weave the whole season into a overarching plot and make it more engaging and consistent throughout.

• Big Brain 1

On 8/3/2022 at 1:32 PM, beerwolf said:

Wow, the 90’s eh? Just watched this, 3 hours gone in a blink of an eye. Funnily enough I was reminded of the Trump Netflix documentary. I posted up The Guardian review as it sums up exactly how I feel and saves me some typing. Definitely worth watching.

EAA2BD26-C712-44D9-8030-16CDDAC931E0.thumb.jpeg.0dd5b5ce2f5384fb6bb3ec63a11a2719.jpeg

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2022/aug/03/netflix-trainwreck-woodstock-99-review-the-festival-documentary-that-feels-like-a-disaster-movie

i watched it th eother day. it's crazy how boomer fucked the whole thing was. fucking hippies who had no idea what kids were into at the time and booked "Peace and Love" with Korn and Limp Bizkit. so dumb and typical profit fuckery with farming out all the tasks to contractors who screwed up.  that main woodstock dude just had no idea about anything relevant to the crowd that would show up based on the bands they booked. 

it looked terrible though.. so many testosterone meat heads in the crowd and just generally a shit show of an experience. even if it didn't go all lord of the flies it still looks like it was awful. 

but really it's like "what did they think was gonna happen?"  looks like they made their money though. 

i remember thinking "who the fuck is gonna go to that? look who they booked."  i was about 28 at the time and had a good laugh at how shit the whole thing looked.. just a cash grab.  the security issue was just horrible. those poor kids who go assaulted and raped. wtf. outrageous. 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, ignatius said:

i watched it th eother day. it's crazy how boomer fucked the whole thing was. fucking hippies who had no idea what kids were into at the time and booked "Peace and Love" with Korn and Limp Bizkit. so dumb and typical profit fuckery with farming out all the tasks to contractors who screwed up.  that main woodstock dude just had no idea about anything relevant to the crowd that would show up based on the bands they booked. 

it looked terrible though.. so many testosterone meat heads in the crowd and just generally a shit show of an experience. even if it didn't go all lord of the flies it still looks like it was awful. 

but really it's like "what did they think was gonna happen?"  looks like they made their money though. 

i remember thinking "who the fuck is gonna go to that? look who they booked."  i was about 28 at the time and had a good laugh at how shit the whole thing looked.. just a cash grab.  the security issue was just horrible. those poor kids who go assaulted and raped. wtf. outrageous. 

Was surprised that Bush didn’t get too much aggro. Though it’s easy to blame nu-metal bands for the carnage, I’m sure it was just as much the inhumane conditions the kids were put in which sent things South. And they were getting robbed in broad daylight just for a bottle of water. I think I’d go stir crazy if you put me in a treeless field in 100 degree heat and a never ending supply of drugs. It was a perfect storm. The promoters weren’t interested in the Woodstock dream they were just interested in making loads money and were completely out of touch with reality. Apart from the sexual assault situation, I would say the destruction of the place was almost justified. 

18 hours ago, GORDO said:

It's all over the place, sometimes interesting sometimes embarrassing, achieving unintentional doctor who levels of camp sometimes. After the first story is done (which I liked) it loses all purpose. 

It has that BBC naffness in spades. 

The mockney accents from Hettie and Constantine were quite annoying, poor casting for Constantine.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Shimon_Shimon said:

It has that BBC naffness in spades. 

The mockney accents from Hettie and Constantine were quite annoying, poor casting for Constantine.

Constantine looks like she was on Doctor Who, was she?

On 8/8/2022 at 1:48 AM, cruising for burgers said:

jfc this Arcane show is bananas... at first I wasn't convinced, wasn't to much into this kind of animation style but damn, every episode is better than the last one...4th episode is bonkers... highly recommended... timj's seal of approval...

Trying this show on your recommendation.  Liking it so far, but yea the pop-rock soundtrack is a let down.  This could be insane with a futuristic / idm / backdrop.

• Like 1