IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

I notice a few Ozark comments above so I wisely closed my eyes. Just wrapping up season 3. It’s true that I rarely watch anything more than once. If I watch it twice or more, then it’s super brilliant. Think I enjoyed it just as much the second run than the first. It really is a superb show. Easily in my top five tv shows. So I get to start season 4 tomorrow ? 

Edited by beerwolf

Currently on Sopranos S3E2 - this show, whilst its great, it's extremely painful to watch. The writers really did a good job of making 95% of the characters beyond vile.

On 6/14/2022 at 8:02 AM, J3FF3R00 said:

Finished The Staircase. Good show / amazing cast. Definitely watch the documentary series first tho…

?/10

Finished The Staircase (HBO) miniseries last night, planning to start the documentary soon. Didn't know about the it before starting the miniseries,

Oh, finished Berry S3 last night too, fucking brilliant. One of my favorite shows of late, really fine example of black comedy. 

Spoiler

Season finally could work as a series finale, but luckily there's another season coming.

• Like 1
  • Burger 1

Squid Game: Finally got to this. I liked it! The dialogue of the white rich guys felt like a bad Joss Whedon show and the last episode felt a bit tacked on. Otherwise, very entertaining with a nice momentum that reminded me of good manga.

Irma Vep: I'm a big fan of the 90s film, which seems to get better with each viewing. Not really sure where there is going. Amusing, at the very least?

Apparently HALO is pretty shitty according to u guys but it looks pretty slick... should I give it a try or what? I like shitty things...

edit: oh and I'm watching Ozark and apart from the 1st episode of the 2nd part I'm not feeling it at all... it turned into one of those shows that u can watch while you're driving... ??

Edited by _vow_of_silence_

On 6/17/2022 at 3:25 AM, _vow_of_silence_ said:

Apparently HALO is pretty shitty according to u guys but it looks pretty slick... should I give it a try or what? I like shitty things...

Nah. It's not the fun and janky sort of shitty with it's heart in the right place, it's the slick pompous and boring kind thought up in boardroom meetings.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 6/14/2022 at 2:59 PM, chenGOD said:

Speaking of dark shit, S3 of The Boys is fucking twisted. Excellent viewing.

YES!

Been looking forward to this all year, has not disappointed

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, hello spiral said:

YES!

Been looking forward to this all year, has not disappointed

When I've finished Stranger Things, gonna switch off Nutflex and boot up OMGAmazon for a month so I can binge The Boyz 

On 6/16/2022 at 6:25 PM, _vow_of_silence_ said:

edit: oh and I'm watching Ozark and apart from the 1st episode of the 2nd part I'm not feeling it at all... it turned into one of those shows that u can watch while you're driving... 

well it wasn't that bad after all, quite fun indeed... I still think the overall plot is quite a stretch but the interactions between the characters work really well, just like a brazilian 'novela'... lots of giggles achieved... ???

17 hours ago, MadameChaos said:

Watching The Boys season two. Quite good. 

Just started episode one after reading about around here. Can’t believe I haven’t heard about this show sooner. Glad I have 3 seasons to catch up on. 
:emotawesomepm9:

On 6/19/2022 at 6:53 AM, Silent Member said:

Nah. It's not the fun and janky sort of shitty with it's heart in the right place, it's the slick pompous and boring kind thought up in boardroom meetings.

The whole thing looked like those bad FMV sequences from 90s CD-ROM games

• Like 1

Whatever happens in Ozark I want Wendy to die a slow horrible death. As I was actually thinking that the legendary Darleen said

That snake of a women is a curse….I will burn her at the stake!

I’ll be cheering you on as you do it ? 

Edited by beerwolf
  • Burger 1

So I burned a YouTube premium trial to watch a lil show called "Wayne" (I think it's was on prime too, oh well..), I liked it plenty, but it suffers from the 'lets end this in a shitty way so possibilities are open for a second season' syndrome.

I recommend it but skip the ending and make up you own.

On 6/15/2022 at 7:14 PM, milkface said:

Currently on Sopranos S3E2 - this show, whilst its great, it's extremely painful to watch. The writers really did a good job of making 95% of the characters beyond vile.

S4E3 now, it's almost comedic how disgusting nearly every character is and it gets worse season by season lol

Gonna clock so much hate for this but finished Kenobi and, unabashedly, loved it. Ep 4 is a slight drag but even that has some moments of pure awesome. 

Won't belabor it, but it both elevates the prequels and provided connective tissue and deepens the og trilogy.

Spoiler

I legit fucking cried when Anakin and Obi Wan faced off the last time and I didn't really buy their relationship much at all in the prequels. A testament to great acting being fed with good dialogue. It's also amazing how much tension they manage to pull off even when you know who is going to survive. 

• Like 1

I was mostly scrolling through twitter while watching it, real snoozefest, atrocious. Not sure why I bothered. The fight scenes with Vader really highlighted how childish and dumb this shit was and still is, should've left all the old stuff in the past, tried to do something new (well, they did try that too in the recent movies, and that also failed - bar maybe Rogue One, so maybe they should just stop trying altogether).

Yeah Obi Wan is really childless, all the dialogs seem out of a kids book...

night sky - meh didn't really go anywhere...??

undone s02 - should have stopped after the 1st season... just like Russian doll, there's no more juice dudes, stop adding water...

Edited by _vow_of_silence_