IGNORED

Bracelets That Magically Make You Healthy & the Retards That Buy Them

Guest we_kill_soapscum

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Coalbucket PI

There is an awful lot to be said for placebos in my opinion, and that fact that you can get the positive effect while knowing it probably doesn't work means you shouldn't even have to make anyone else rich in the process. I regularly erroneously attribute any various ailments to dehydration and feel ten times better by drinking a lot of water for the day.

fake edit: free radicals are a serious problem around the wrist area though so don't think you can just take your bracelet off and solve this one with a cup of water; you'll die

There is an awful lot to be said for placebos in my opinion, and that fact that you can get the positive effect while knowing it probably doesn't work means you shouldn't even have to make anyone else rich in the process. I regularly erroneously attribute any various ailments to dehydration and feel ten times better by drinking a lot of water for the day.

fake edit: free radicals are a serious problem around the wrist area though so don't think you can just take your bracelet off and solve this one with a cup of water; you'll die

Well as much as Id like to point out that feeling shitty is the majority of the time down to eating shit and not drinking enough water.

The placebo effect is a fairly fucking substantial way of treating ailments. Pity you have to be an idiot to gain the full benefit of it. This is why stupid people will last longer.

EDIT: Theres different types of anti-oxidants. Drinking a shit load of cranberry juice everyday wont save your whole body.

What about the bracelets that help prevent hayfever? Are they complete balls too? I'm sick to death of sneezing like a goon all summer and that was my next step before acupuncture.

Guest we_kill_soapscum

What about the bracelets that help prevent hayfever? Are they complete balls too? I'm sick to death of sneezing like a goon all summer and that was my next step before acupuncture.

u9Za7.png?1302281351

my co-worker yesterday was talking about a bracelet that her BF gave her. it has two "holograms" that "produce ions" and "send them into your body". this, of course, "attracts all the free radicals" because they are "negatively charged" and, obviously, the ions produced by the holograms are not.

This was enough to deliver a lol, you went above and beyond the call of duty my friend.

Ben Goldacre writes good stuff on this sort of thing...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2007/may/19/badscience.science

Normally I'd ignore quack medical devices, but when the catalogue from Health Products For Life - run by vitamin pill salesman Patrick Holford - arrived, I found an unexpected treat waiting for me. Among his usual "special formulation" pill-peddling banter, there was the QLink pendant, at just £69.99 ....

My mom fell for this and spent 50 bucks to get me one (A deal break it was). I had to break the sad news to her.

She makes me wear it when she remember though.

• 3 months later...

but if they have faith that the product works, and it works because they have faith in it, why is everyone complaining? It just seems really arrogant to me for people to get upset over this.

How Does the Hologram Work?

The thin polyester film hologram is programmed through a proprietary process, which is designed to mimic Eastern philosophies that have been around for hundreds of years.

Why Was Power Balance™ Created?

The company was created out of the principle that the founders wanted everyone, no matter what their level of activity, to maximize their potential and live life to the fullest.

I cannot count my facepalms.

i was in line at a walgreens and there were two firefighters in front of me at the register. one was buying smart water and he was telling the other firefighter how he loves it because the electrolytes taste so good and he doesn't drink anything else.

the whole time i was like "IS THIS REAL LIFE?"

Archived