IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Is somebody able to convince me to buy Don't Starve ? I'm tempted getting that one but don't really know if it's worth the money. Help me WATUM !

i've watched a ton of don't starve let's plays on youtube and ended up buying it only to realize it wasn't as fun to actually play as it was to watch someone else play it.

Is somebody able to convince me to buy Don't Starve ? I'm tempted getting that one but don't really know if it's worth the money. Help me WATUM !

i've watched a ton of don't starve let's plays on youtube and ended up buying it only to realize it wasn't as fun to actually play as it was to watch someone else play it.

It was free for PS4 on PSN+... I really tried getting into it, but was just boring IMO.

Finally got my first Mom kill on Binding of Issac... I dunno if I'll come back to it, as the randomness of it is too random - there's no real way to plan a build so you can complete the game in a satisfying way (that probably was intentional). I was lucky and was pretty OP when I got to Mom, so she went down quick.

This Friday - Super Smash Bros!

I've also been playing a free shump on the iPhone (I know, LOL) called Sky Force - looks really nice on the iPhone 6 Plus, and keeps me challenged. Controls aren't bad for a touch interface, but I know I'd do way better with a pad.

I've been playing Alien: Isolation. Great game. One of the most atmospheric I've played. And I recently went back to Ultra Street Fighter 4. I check in on that game every once in a while. Still love it.

Edited by Vaaler9

internet has been out at the house since last thursday (supposed to have a tech out tonite). loaded up a half beaten shadow of the colossus hd file this weekend and tore through that and started replaying the original starcraft campaign which had me jonesing to go even further back to play through warcraft 2 but i can't seem to find any official channels to get it.

zug zug

Finally got my first Mom kill on Binding of Issac... I dunno if I'll come back to it, as the randomness of it is too random - there's no real way to plan a build so you can complete the game in a satisfying way (that probably was intentional). I was lucky and was pretty OP when I got to Mom, so she went down quick.

The random aspect of Isaac is what I love most, but I can see it being annoying for some. There are ways to maximize your build even if there are crappy drops. Finding all the secret rooms and checking out all the shops and libraries can usually give a decent build. And even if it doesn't, I enjoy trying to beat Mom with a crappy build.

The challenges are fun too. Some of them are wacked where you're blind and you have to kill everything by other means than tears.

just completed the prologue level on far cry 4,it took me 3 times longer than it should because i was just wandering round checking out the stunning scenery,also performed a silky smooth triple stealth kill which was so satisfying,basically if u enjoyed farcry3 you will love this,more of the same but better looking and feels a bit more fluid as well,early doors i know,but i trust my judgement on this (mid-range pc on 1600x900,still gorgeous)

The random aspect of Isaac is what I love most, but I can see it being annoying for some. There are ways to maximize your build even if there are crappy drops. Finding all the secret rooms and checking out all the shops and libraries can usually give a decent build. And even if it doesn't, I enjoy trying to beat Mom with a crappy build.

The challenges are fun too. Some of them are wacked where you're blind and you have to kill everything by other means than tears.

I had the same thoughts as Joyrex but I really started digging the game after beating Mom for the first time, because of the new levels, the new bosses and the new items unlocked. And yeah I still need to unlock plenty of these, but overall I have a feeling the game will keep on getting better with new, more powerful items !

Plus it's supposed to become harder after the 6th Mom's Heart death or something like that, curious to see how that'll turn up !

I just don't get bored of Isaac. It always feels fresh. I'll beat Mom's Heart, Satan or Isaac and play another game right after. It's becoming an all-time fav for me at this rate.

is there some primer or something that details what the different items do in binding of isaac? i couldn't even find a control layout anywhere so i just assumed the only buttons were move, cry, and bomb.

I played 2 hours of Dragon Age: Inquisition this morning before work and fucking loved every second of it. I wish it was Saturday morning and I could play for 16 hours straight.

is there some primer or something that details what the different items do in binding of isaac? i couldn't even find a control layout anywhere so i just assumed the only buttons were move, cry, and bomb.

http://bindingofisaacrebirth.gamepedia.com/Binding_of_Isaac:_Rebirth_Wiki

I don't think all the items have been fully identified yet, but most are.

thx, but i meant in game. i usually try to stay away from wikis/gamefaqs until i've beaten a game. i guess the not knowing what stuff does is part of the fun/challenge? it's a fun thing to throw up when i only feel like spending a few minutes on something. about how long does it take to clear a game and beat mom's heart? so far i've only made it to like the third level or so

shadow of mordor 10/10, alien isolation 10/10, saints row the third so far 10/10, might check far cry 4, the scenery looks almost on par with skyrim but the game play doesn't interest me so much, however, co-op does!

has anyone played fc4 co-op, any good?

http://bindingofisaacrebirth.gamepedia.com/Binding_of_Isaac:_Rebirth_Wiki

I don't think all the items have been fully identified yet, but most are.

thx, but i meant in game. i usually try to stay away from wikis/gamefaqs until i've beaten a game. i guess the not knowing what stuff does is part of the fun/challenge? it's a fun thing to throw up when i only feel like spending a few minutes on something. about how long does it take to clear a game and beat mom's heart? so far i've only made it to like the third level or so

Beating the Mom's Heart usually takes less than an hour. Unless you get to an arcade and do some long back and forth from the blood donation machine and shell game/slot machine to try to get the Blood Bag.

I don't think looking up what certain items do will ruin the game much. Some items are really subtle in their abilities and would take a while to figure out what they do.

Edited by Guest

it was completely devoid of content though. slashing orcs felt great, but the missions were almost entirely 'kill this orc and his mates'. i couldnt even finish it anyway, i got to the second area, but when it said that my next mission was kill another 5 warchiefs i just gave up. 5/10 for me.

also, what kind of an RPG makes you spend loads of your time finishing 10 separate herb missions, and when you finally do it you get … nothing. a bit of xp. maybe if they carry on with the series it will get better, but it was a compete cocktease i though.