IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Amiibo functionality in Twilight Princess HD has been leaked: secondary characters Amiibo will replenish your items and hearts, while Wolf Link Amiibo will unlock an exclusive new dungeon:

http://m.ign.com/articles/2016/01/14/report-zelda-amiibo-replenish-hearts-in-twilight-princess-hd

There is also a Hero mode where enemies do double damage

Wasn't interested in Twilight Princess HD at all because I played it for the first time just a few years ago. However, given the fact that I'm more and more wanting to buy amiibos and that there's a new dungeon, I might spend some money on it...

Splatoon is one of the best games I've played in a long time. Would love to get back into it, its been a while. There are so many new levels and updates since I last played, I recon it must be like a while new game.

After leaving it alone for a long time and coming back, it really does feel like a new game - the sheer amount of new weapons is staggering.

I've decided to play the whole Borderlands "trilogy" sequentially, so I've picked the Pre-Sequel back up a couple of days ago after beating the first game. Seems like I'm enjoying more now than I did when it first came out, for some reason.

Wish I could get the Call of Chernobyl mod to install for S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat tho. I keep getting some stupid message that says "insert correct disk or choose different folder", and it seems every folder I tried I get the same damn thing. [octothorpe]pcgamingfwp

Splatoon is one of the best games I've played in a long time. Would love to get back into it, its been a while. There are so many new levels and updates since I last played, I recon it must be like a while new game.

After leaving it alone for a long time and coming back, it really does feel like a new game - the sheer amount of new weapons is staggering.

had this sitting on the shelf unopened for a couple of months. pretty sad to learn it has no offline multiplayer. i'm the only person i know with a wiiu

guess i could've read up on it a bit more first...

it does have offline multiplayer I believe but I've never played it. it isn't the same type of gameplay as the online. I mostly played against randoms and always had a blast.

had this sitting on the shelf unopened for a couple of months. pretty sad to learn it has no offline multiplayer. i'm the only person i know with a wiiu

guess i could've read up on it a bit more first...

online mp works really well - fast matchmaking, no lag, etc.

sure. it's just that i have a get together with my vidja boys once every week or so and thought it might be a good split screen multiplayer game for us to play. one of them got me a working dreamcast for christmas so i think i'll be breaking out quake 3 next time

sure. it's just that i have a get together with my vidja boys once every week or so and thought it might be a good split screen multiplayer game for us to play. one of them got me a working dreamcast for christmas so i think i'll be breaking out quake 3 next time

We were kind of disappointed with my brother as well when we learned about Splatoon offline multiplayer (and we don't have the "pro" controller or whatever is needed to play it anyway). But the online multiplayer is so fun and quick to play that you easily throw a Splatoon party with friends without getting annoyed (regular matchs last for 3mn and are definitely not boring to watch, you just hand them the gamepad when it's their turn to play).

You can even do what I'm doing right now - browsing WATMM when it's not your turn to play :)

struggling to finish fallout 4. i dunno, i was really enjoying it at first, but not so much anymore for some reason ..the story / quests just aren't that interesting. almost at the end though, like 3 or 4 more main missions ..

Trying to finish Death Skid Markz and FUCK is it hard.

Only ever seen the final boss once. I like to play it because I can turn down the volume and play interviews with various people in the background.

Very relaxing if an awkward contrast to hear an esteemed author discussing the methods of his fiction as I ram a car into a wall with bloody spikes, decapitating the driver.

Fun though!

I've decided to play the whole Borderlands "trilogy" sequentially, so I've picked the Pre-Sequel back up a couple of days ago after beating the first game. Seems like I'm enjoying more now than I did when it first came out, for some reason.

Wish I could get the Call of Chernobyl mod to install for S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat tho. I keep getting some stupid message that says "insert correct disk or choose different folder", and it seems every folder I tried I get the same damn thing. [octothorpe]pcgamingfwp

Got partway into Pre-Sequel and stopped.

Not sure why. For some reason, despite being nearly identical to Borderlands 2, it's nowhere near as addictive.

I'm on my third playthrough of 2 and still want to continue, despite having finished it already on PS3, now playing it on the PC with a fresh start.

Whatever alchemy they used on BD2 was a rare thing, one likely to not be repeated.

Edited by Bechuga

struggling to finish fallout 4. i dunno, i was really enjoying it at first, but not so much anymore for some reason ..the story / quests just aren't that interesting. almost at the end though, like 3 or 4 more main missions ..

I know exactly what you mean. I decided to shelf it after over a month of playing it. First DLC comes out in March I think, might pick it back up then.

Trying to finish Death Skid Markz and FUCK is it hard.

Only ever seen the final boss once. I like to play it because I can turn down the volume and play interviews with various people in the background.

Very relaxing if an awkward contrast to hear an esteemed author discussing the methods of his fiction as I ram a car into a wall with bloody spikes, decapitating the driver.

Fun though!

Got partway into Pre-Sequel and stopped.

Not sure why. For some reason, despite being nearly identical to Borderlands 2, it's nowhere near as addictive.

I'm on my third playthrough of 2 and still want to continue, despite having finished it already on PS3, now playing it on the PC with a fresh start.

Whatever alchemy they used on BD2 was a rare thing, one likely to not be repeated.

The Claptrap's Claptastic Voyage DLC (I think it's called) has given me incentive to pick it back up, since I haven't tried it yet. I heard it's good, but avoiding The Holodome because of all the flak it's gotten.

Agree about BL2. Probably because it has more variety and higher replay value. Hell, I've put 637 hours of game time into it since it came out.

yeah Splatoon's local multiplayer was a massive disappointment

I just noticed that you can throw "private" games with your Wii U Friends. Since many WATMMers seem to have the game, wouldn't it be nice to play a little Splatoon all together one of these days :) ? The hardest thing will be finding an appropriate moment to play both in EU/US but I'm sure we could organize it !

"Most IDM Inkling Tournament" incoming !

Edited by StocKo

I know exactly what you mean. I decided to shelf it after over a month of playing it. First DLC comes out in March I think, might pick it back up then.

Seems like a lot of people who bought the game at launch have hit this slump now. Bethesda should make their games a bit smaller and thus a bit more focussed. There's only so many hours before going to a place to kill/collect/find a thing to take/report back to a person before it gets a little samey.

Seems like a lot of people who bought the game at launch have hit this slump now. Bethesda should make their games a bit smaller and thus a bit more focussed. There's only so many hours before going to a place to kill/collect/find a thing to take/report back to a person before it gets a little samey.

For some reason I'm beginning to prefer simpler, faster-paced (but not necessarily more linear) games as I age. But some of the faction-specific side quests in FO4 are infinitely repetitive.

Some days I question gaming itself as a worthwhile recreational pastime. I'd still like to learn Max/MSP at some point this year for my future music projects, but that's more for the EKT forum. I just need to be more productive.

I feel exactly the same way. Probably about halfway through the main quest (At least, at the point where I guess I decide which faction to help out more) and I just cba. The game just feels empty at this point. Massive step back from New Vegas although I guess that had different devs.

By the way, Square Enix is giving away copies of Omikron: The Nomad Soul for free to honour David Bowie (He and his music appeared in it). Buy it here https://store.na.square-enix.com/ and use the code "omikron" when checking out, lasts until Jan 22nd.