IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

LOL, I'm an old Scandinavian guy and I had a perfectly wonderful time being nostalgic about my years as a teenage girl in the US. I guess it touches upon some universal themes innit, women are people too.

Has anyone tried to get back into MGSV? I left it for a few months after I had gotten as far as the African missions as I OD'd on it. Just started playing again this week and it just doesn't live up to the previous games in the series. The missions are all too similar and seem way too segmented and bitty. MGS used to be all about a singular mission branching off into absolute narritave nonsense, which was the best thing about them.

I'm having a blast on multiplayer with friends. It's not perfect but still awesome as it is. Haven't gone back to solo though. There are only side missions between me and 100% completion and I can't be arsed to do them since they're so tedious.

Edited by Perezvon

Guest bitroast

Has anyone tried to get back into MGSV? I left it for a few months after I had gotten as far as the African missions as I OD'd on it. Just started playing again this week and it just doesn't live up to the previous games in the series. The missions are all too similar and seem way too segmented and bitty. MGS used to be all about a singular mission branching off into absolute narritave nonsense, which was the best thing about them.

haven't tried revisiting so i can't exactly answer your question.

had a similar situation where i got up to africa, loved it,, but had to have a break. definitely agree on your comments though. i feel like the gameplay and engine is all rock solid but the overall pacing is off. i wish they filtered some of the gameplay away and threw in some more cutscenes/story to pull you along. the intro is so strong and then the game pretty much gives up on that style story telling for the rest of the experience. having said that, it's nice that MGS V is openworld and 'modern' and it is what it is. but yeah, definitely agree.

been hitting a bit of a slouch in that i can't figure out what i want to play atm, if anything. ended up started a new save file on dark souls 1. never played the DLC either. DLC was like $15 + 70% sale. best $4 ever :)

Edited by bitroast

haven't tried revisiting so i can't exactly answer your question.

had a similar situation where i got up to africa, loved it,, but had to have a break. definitely agree on your comments though. i feel like the gameplay and engine is all rock solid but the overall pacing is off. i wish they filtered some of the gameplay away and threw in some more cutscenes/story to pull you along. the intro is so strong and then the game pretty much gives up on that style story telling for the rest of the experience. having said that, it's nice that MGS V is openworld and 'modern' and it is what it is. but yeah, definitely agree.

been hitting a bit of a slouch in that i can't figure out what i want to play atm, if anything. ended up started a new save file on dark souls 1. never played the DLC either. DLC was like $15 + 70% sale. best $4 ever :)

Artorias of the Abyss is the definition of a good DLC

having beaten mgsv story i still throw it in from time to time and knock off a couple of side ops and replay story missions to try to get secondary objectives. great fucking game. i mean, yeah the story/pacing is a huge letdown compared to the other titles (it's flat out incomplete) but as bit said, the gameplay is just too good.

for the most part i haven't been balls deep in anything too much lately. i'll play a couple of newsmb2 levels each nite before bed or something. can't believe how atrocious the battery is on a new3ds. feels like it's maybe 1/5th the life of my 4 year old vita. maybe less.

street fighter v in just a few weeks though. i'm totally ready to get lost in a good fighting game

Having shits and giggles in Scrap Mechanic. I'm learning how little I know about engineering!

Here's the first thing I managed to get off the ground (the others I built failing miserably):

2016-01-25_00001.jpg

2016-01-25_00002.jpg

Stuck in a tree.

2016-01-25_00004.jpg

^ never heard of that game before but it does look fun.

I bought Kerbal Space Program last year because it looked fun too but never played it that much, found it too difficult for me to handle and gave up pretty quick. Not sure if I should buy another engineering game !

Got to participate in The Tomorrow Children closed beta on PS4 this weekend - as being a big Q Games fan already, I was very interested in this game.

This game is weird - it's part Animal Crossing, part Minecraft, and the amount of thought and work that's been put into it is amazing. The visuals are surreal, and the whole game's atmosphere really evokes Soviet-era mythology and themes.

It's really hard to describe, so here's a video:

In other news, The Witness is getting positive reviews - might be worth the 40 USD after all!

^ never heard of that game before but it does look fun.

I bought Kerbal Space Program last year because it looked fun too but never played it that much, found it too difficult for me to handle and gave up pretty quick. Not sure if I should buy another engineering game !

I generally dont go for engineering type games myself but this one looks fun and is--thankfully--pretty easy to pick up. The photos I've shown are around two hours of fucking around.

You can build a janky car within minutes of starting anf after that, you start getting all kinds of ideas, like building floating pirate ships and hovercrafts etc.

I was more sold on this one because they are developing a proper one player mode, where you have to build stuff to survive or complete objectives, say climb a mountain and so on.

If it's as interesting as it sounds, I'm well up for it! A lot of the engineering type games don't seem to be anything but 'build stuff, show it to friends' but if there's a practical use for the building--some challenges or story--I'm so down.

Damn, Capcom are really trying to recycle the Biohazard/Resident Evil franchise and milk it for all it's worth.
[youtubehd]9uBRgzKQV6I[/youtubehd]
They haven't really done anything original with it since RE5. Fuck, I'm just tired of big name companies using this recycle strategy in general. That goes double for the film industry.

What happened to originality, dammit. Wake me up when No Man's Sky is out. (goes into self-induced coma)

Wake me up when No Man's Sky is out. (goes into self-induced coma)

Bit worried about the game, hopefully they just haven't revealed a big play mechanic as at the moment it just looks like it'll be amazing for the first hour flying from planet to planet, but soon you'll just be doing the same thing again and again with slightly different coloured land and animals and tress.

That Resident Evil game looks like shit. RE1-5 are some of favorite games ever though.

I agree with the No Man's Sky worries, it looks like it would get old in a hurry, despite being gorgeous.