IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Guest bitroast

Bloodborne (just downed Vicar Amelia)

Rocket League (game was free seems like years ago and I never played much until recently I'm addicted)

ugh so good x2

Resident Evil 7 has got its hooks in me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKNxeF4KMsY

: The Game

OH GAWD!

VR or reg? 

Just the regular version. I don't have a PS4 but if I did I would definitely be interested in trying it out in VR. I'm not sure I'd be able to play more than a couple of minutes, because it's already scary enough.

VR or reg? 

Just the regular version. I don't have a PS4 but if I did I would definitely be interested in trying it out in VR. I'm not sure I'd be able to play more than a couple of minutes, because it's already scary enough.

Not gonna lie, I feel like a major pussy playing it in VR. I've never moved more slowly throughout a game in my life and literally have to collect myself before I open new doors. On top of that I find myself rationalizing taking breaks from the game a lot. Hopefully I'll acclimate soon like I have with Until Dawn: Rush of Blood, because right now I'm acting like a little hoe.

Guest bitroast

understandable. i remember playing on the oculus devkit back when it was super dodgy and not-consumer-ready, and was playing some shitty demo someone put together and put on the internet.. was a small forest area where u walk from A to B, via a pathed forest area in night time. and there was a spooky lady in the distance who would disappear and reappear + scary music. and thats all it was, no animation or anything fancy. BUT.. the element of immersion via the headset made the whole thing 100x spookier than it should've been. 

played through the first ~hour of RE7 at friends place and can absolutely understand why it would be fucking terrifying to play in VR. 

for anyone who hasn't played it or doesnt own VR, asking the 'Should i play this in VR?' question.. 

the game seems rock solid without VR and gets the atmosphere and spooks across just fine. i imagine VR would def add the added immersion, but its more a question of how prepared you are to pay the money for it. i've read reviews saying RE7 is great in VR but still have to stop playing after long session cos of strain on head and being able to relax eyes a bit when playing on TV. (ie. buying RE7 + VR will be great but doesn't nec mean you will want to play the full game in VR). 

I'm going to complete it in VR. I only play games for like an hour or an hour and a half nowadays anyways (except for when I was playing Demon's/Dark Souls). Happy to hear that it's great without VR, but it definitely isn't a gimmick. The immersion is real. I can only imagine how awesome the HTC and Oculus headsets (and touch controllers) are.

Finally got my RetroPie console up and running... just fine-tuning stuff but so far my NEO·GEO stuff is working like a charm - even got a NEO·GEO X Arcade Stick to work with the Pi!

I'm torn about the scanline filter effect I have turned on... on one hand I like it, but I think the scanlines are a bit dark - I am sure I can adjust it, but is there a better effect I'm not aware of?

Also, the PSP emulator isn't showing, even though I've loaded games in the /roms directory and rebooted the Pi several times... (and the emulator is installed - PPSSPP).

I don't know if the Raspberry Pi can handle it (think it's a GPU post process) but for my mame setup I use HLSL filters - It can emulate the electron bloom, phosphor life, screen curvature and all sorts of shenanigans (all tweakable).

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe looks like the online and local battles will be crazy, adding Splatoon maps is brilliant. We'll have to do some watmm matches, lol

https://youtu.be/qYeJ-ljb1H4

Spelunker could also be a fun multiplayer game, seems to be a Deluxe port of the Sony version

Just started The Witcher, hoping for something like Skyrim but the controls feel quite arcade-y, maybe I'll get used to it.

You'll get used to it. And once you've gotten used to it and the fighting you'll love it. By the way, when you reach the mission called "Bloody Baron" then don't accept it until you've reached level 10 or something like that.

Bioshock Infinite, four years later.

I recall Salvatorin saying something right after the election about America today resembling it. Talk about a retro-prophecy..

"Psst. I'm not one of them. I'm a Progressive."

I never imagined meeting that one dude hiding in the lower level of the Lansdowne residence would have such profound symbolism.

I think the entire point of this "game" is to embarrass you in front of everyone you know so they can blackmail you for life.

Edit: it would be funny to watch two people play 1, 2 Switch while they're tripping. Again, blackmail em.

Just started The Witcher, hoping for something like Skyrim but the controls feel quite arcade-y, maybe I'll get used to it.

You'll get used to it. And once you've gotten used to it and the fighting you'll love it. By the way, when you reach the mission called "Bloody Baron" then don't accept it until you've reached level 10 or something like that.

*jots it down*

man I love the witcher 3 so much. I'm currently playing the final expansion and im worried its going to end and i'll have nothing quite as good to play (although maybe I should try dark souls again)

*jots it down*

im not entirely sure the logic of that suggestion, if i remember rightly i did it at level 6, but was kind of levelling up on side quest concurrently. 

*jots it down*

im not entirely sure the logic of that suggestion, if i remember rightly i did it at level 6, but was kind of levelling up on side quest concurrently. 

Because if you follow the Baron up to where the *THING* is you won't be able to back out of it.

some 1-2 switch news for everyone out there interested in picking this up (which i'm guessing is potentially noone?).

has 28 games in total, demo vids have been uploaded to nintendo channel https://www.reddit.com/r/nintendo/comments/5sqv7f/all_1_2_switch_minigame_videos_have_been_uploaded/

yes! i love to play switch baby when i go to the hospital  :emotawesomepm9:

Edited by yek