IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Playing Plague Tale Requiem, trying to finish it before my PS plus subscription ends and I probably won't bother getting another subscription after 

I love this game but how I hate points of no return. Can't shake that FOMO when I go through a door that's getting closed by Amicia and can't be reopened :catrage:

Edited by Berk

I finally hooked up my PC to my TV and played through Blasphemous 2 on it w/ Xbox kontrolar. great experience, great game. improves on the first and keeps what was good about it.

moved on to Amnesia: Rebirth. I'm a huge Frictional fan but it's quite annoying that their games are essentially locked to 60FPS in that the engine/physics are dependent on it. this wasn't an issue for me before but on the high-end system I have now with a 240Hz main monitor it's been visually jarring and hard to get over.

• Like 1

Aside from Helldivers which is a lot of fun when it doesn't crash, I've been playing a lil bit of Stephens Sausage Roll the game is praised all over the place because of its puzzle design but it just makes me feel dumb, just barely solving some of it each time.

On 4/7/2024 at 8:14 AM, Berk said:

Playing Plague Tale Requiem, trying to finish it before my PS plus subscription ends and I probably won't bother getting another subscription after 

I love this game but how I hate points of no return. Can't shake that FOMO when I go through a door that's getting closed by Amicia and can't be reopened :catrage:

that narrative tho. and the atmosphere/visuals. never seen Beksinski-inspired hellscapes depicted so vividly in vidya before.

• Thanks 1

I basically speed ran through Assassin's Creed Valhalla to finish it before my Playstation Plus subscription ran out. Still took 70 hours. Managed to get the full ending and kill all the order members. Definitely weaker than Origins and Odyssey, but still worth finishing.

Dragon's Dogma 2 is pretty fun but after 50 hours the running around gets really tiring. A mount would've been sweet. Besides the combat the whole thing feels a bit like watered down western fantasy which is a bit of a shame

• Like 1

Just got this yesterday. It’s by one of the Limbo / Inside developers from Playdead. It came out quite a while ago but I somehow completely missed it 

Played this free little thing last weekend, despite the 'yeah I've literally seen all that already many many times' premise it really nails the perfect vibe in game form for its 30-ish minutes lifespan. Definitely recommended for a quick little diversion if your machine is up to the challenge (the post-processing and rendering pipeline is quite a burden on the GPU)

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1942120/The_Complex_Found_Footage/

It also made me think, IMO this game I loved in the 90s (and still enjoy) was the ultimate 'liminal space' game before the liminal space thing hit the zeitgeist (is that the word?) - Would love them to remake this in full VR-like 3d:

1 hour ago, mcbpete said:

Played this free little thing last weekend, despite the 'yeah I've literally seen all that already many many times' premise it really nails the perfect vibe in game form for its 30-ish minutes lifespan. Definitely recommended for a quick little diversion if your machine is up to the challenge (the post-processing and rendering pipeline is quite a burden on the GPU)

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1942120/The_Complex_Found_Footage/

It also made me think, IMO this game I loved in the 90s (and still enjoy) was the ultimate 'liminal space' game before the liminal space thing hit the zeitgeist (is that the word?) - Would love them to remake this in full VR-like 3d:

wow this music hit me right in the feels. Reminds me of playing Myst and the lot as a kid 🙂 Does this run on modern computers? I got a 14 inch trinitron recently and I've been meaning to play some older games like this on it. I'm not too interested in the one on Steam tbh, the liminal horror fad just reminds me of Tiktok now lol

13 minutes ago, chronical said:

wow this music hit me right in the feels. Reminds me of playing Myst and the lot as a kid 🙂 Does this run on modern computers? 

yeah it's on GOG: https://www.gog.com/en/game/labyrinth_of_time_the

bought it a few years back to finally finish it and works perfectly on modern machines 🙂

ps. a tip to save frustration if you do get it: the one soft-lock (possibly only soft lock - I always thought crushing the train also soft-locked you but you can un-crush it! ) I can think of is spending your only coin on the fortune teller machine - save that coin for another place !

• Thanks 1

whoever at Nightdive designed the puzzles in the System Shock remake should have their vidya making licence revoked

Edited by usagi

nearing the end of this remake and have to say it's an extremely mixed bag. I've constantly gone through love/hate cycles with it. it looks and sounds great, some really slick finer details etc. and then it's marred by some stupid decisions, e.g. trying to force a Doom-style run and gun arena battle in this final room before SHODAN, when the mechanics of the game and the arena itself are just not built for it. the Diego boss battle sucked balls as well.

I'm too embarrassed to say how many hours I've put into the System Shock remake. I'm pleased with it overall, but it does have a tendency to get monotonous, particularly later in the game. And yeah, it does have a pretty dumb ending, especially that song that plays right before the credits roll. 

I guess the main replay value I've found with it is changing up the Hacker's weapons loadout. The Laser Rapier, Magnum 2100, & Skorpion SMG are my keepers every time. Shotty is good for mid-game and AR is decent for late game, but kind of mediocre overall. Hell, you could probably smite most baddies with just the not-Lightsaber and loads of Berserk patches, depending on your preferred strategy.

On 4/18/2024 at 2:39 PM, ambermonk said:

especially that song that plays right before the credits roll

bruh. that was a reference to 1990 cyberpunk/horror b-movie Hardware. adding it in as a little homage was one of the best moves they pulled.

the ending itself is fine, pretty much the same as the original. it's just the final fight that sucks.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, usagi said:

bruh. that was a reference to 1990 cyberpunk/horror b-movie Hardware. adding it in as a little homage was one of the best moves they pulled.

the ending itself is fine, pretty much the same as the original. it's just the final fight that sucks.

Oh...so that's where it came from.

I recently installed No Rest For the Wicked and immediately noticed the clunky controls. Within just three minutes of gameplay, I found myself stuck behind a table, unable to clear the first obstacle after two failed attempts at jumping it. At this point I had to reload and start from an earlier save slot but was not able to get into the system menu.

I am considering requesting a refund, something I've never done before for any purchase on Steam throughout the platform's history.

Additionally, there are minor issues from the outset, such as feeling somewhat lost and the lack of meaningful character customization beyond minor facial features. The tutorial also leaves much to be desired; it's unclear and ineffective. For example, your character can punch at all kind of things from the beginning, but it's not apparent whether the characters you see are people to talk to or enemies to punch at. Most do not react at all.  Then later you're asked to fetch food for someone, but you can also eat it yourself, which then disappears, leaving you uncertain whether you were supposed to save it for the person who requested it or if it's acceptable to consume it yourself. The game does not provide clear guidance in any way and doesn't see to care.

Edited by o00o

edit ok just gave it a second try with a controller and it’s a completely different experience. 

I was just playing sonic 1 gamegear version on sonic origins plus. How frustrating, it’s still like 5 fps and the controls are janky as fuck. You’d think Sega would fix that but no, it’s Sega, why would they do that? 
Anyways, beat it using save states. I don’t think I’ll be coming back to it any time soon.  

• Haha 1

Cyberpunk is now so much better than before. The Dogtown update feels so much like a movie and all interaction feel so much more fleshed out. There is constantly some random stuff happening on the street and the scenery feels really alive. 

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Letterbox&imcolor=%23000000&letterbox=false

Edited by o00o
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, o00o said:

Cyberpunk is now so much better than before. The Dogtown update feels so much like a movie and all interaction feel so much more fleshed out. There is constantly some random stuff happening on the street and the scenery feels really alive. 

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Letterbox&imcolor=%23000000&letterbox=false

Yeah, amazing game. I mean it's not like Skyrim where every NPC can be really interacted with, but all the quests are really engaging (just like in The Witcher III). A typical CDPR game in that way I guess

Been loving Stardew Valley - so peaceful and the music is beautiful. On the other side of the spectrum excited to play Hellblade > looks like such a psychological bit of internal madness and hoping the sound will live up to that!

Got back on Rage 2 for the first time in three years. The fact that there's no option to (un)bind mouse wheel controls is utter bullshit. But it's still pretty fun otherwise.

Still waiting on a release announcement for Fallout: London. From what I heard the latest FO4 "next-gen" update has screwed over PC players, especially when it comes to mods. But sounds like Team FOLON are still working on getting the mega-mod ready for launch, post-update.

Haven't played Cyberpunk 2077 in over two years, but I plan to this summer. Would like to revisit No Man's Sky later as well.

yo has anyone played Total War: THREE KINGDOMS?
Looking for a 4x Grand Strategy game like Civilization or Stellaris—that total war looks cool.