IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Nintendo NX looking likely to ship in Fall 2016. Hopefully with Zelda and Star Fox Zero, makes sense now they held them back for a decent launch lineup.

http://nintendoinquirer.com/blog/2015/11/30/nintendo-nx-rumored-start-mass-production-next-year/

Star Fox Zero comes out in April for the Wii U
Yeah but "GOTY NX Complete Edition Amiibo Bundle" is saved for Xmas, lol

Guest bitroast

bloodborne dlc is so good.

largely just more of the same. doesn't reinvent the bloodborne wheel or anything but does add large amount of new content to play with in core game. the new areas are just (is just, i haven't gotten too far) sooo good. the location works really well for a couple-months-down-the-line DLC. feels like a half stitched together memory.

and yeah. it's super hard. haven't felt this level of intimidation from the game since maybe the very initial learning curve in central yarnham or maybe again at rom. it's just.. super hard... feels like running around boletaria palace for the first time and giving up thinking "this stupid game is impossible".

Aye, with you on that - the boss on the beach (to avoid spoilers) or the reskinned Cleric Beast are making Elbitras look like a cakewalk...

cant stress how much the DLC has amped up my appreciation for the game as a whole : )

it really beefs up the game in a way i wasnt expecting.

Nintendo NX looking likely to ship in Fall 2016. Hopefully with Zelda and Star Fox Zero, makes sense now they held them back for a decent launch lineup.

http://nintendoinquirer.com/blog/2015/11/30/nintendo-nx-rumored-start-mass-production-next-year/

Hmm, wanted to buy a Wii U for Xmas, guess it's kind of a bad idea then ?

Hmm, wanted to buy a Wii U for Xmas, guess it's kind of a bad idea then ?

I dunno about that - there are a LOT of great games for the Wii U, and it will be interesting to see how long Nintendo supports the platform after the NX launches.

That being said, they will be showing it at E3 in 2016 - I would be REALLY surprised if it came out for Christmas 2016. I'm betting 2017 (Summer) will be the launch window.

Then again, if the NX is more akin to a PC-based console like the PS4/XBONE, developers might be able to ramp up and actually have decent 3rd party support for it by Fall 2016.

Like Rubin, I bet the next Zelda game will either go exclusively to NX, or be like Twilight Princess, where there will be a Wii U version and an NX version - but, considering how integral the gamepad potentially could be in the game, what does that mean for the NX? Will it just be a super-powered Wii U with a gamepad too?

didn't they confirm on the last nintendo direct like 50 times that zelda was definitely still coming out for wii u in 2016? so more than likely another twilight princess situation

You're probably both right. The patents that have emerged recently, if they are indeed for the NX, show a shrunken down Gamepad/3DS single screen unit that might dock to your TV for hi def gaming, rumored to be sold as two separate devices, at least initially:

C751DB28-1BC7-454D-BEE9-441009A4849E_zps

09F3A7B4-59D7-479A-9084-EC13C23FC526_zps

hmmm...looks a little like Sony's portables, huh?

Yeah I was thinking that maybe the NX would be kind of a standalone Wii U gamepad, since I remember reading somewhere that Nintendo said it wouldn't replace neither the Wii U nor the 3DS. But I don't really know what to think of it !

I can't really see them pushing current gen graphics through such a tiny device at an affordable price, what about storage? SD card? Can't fit too many games on there. Let's wait and see.

But the Wii U is just streaming video from the console isn't it? This is supposed to be standalone.

Several developers have said the Wii U is about as powerful as the Vita, so the tech isn't too futuristic, plus I'm sure they're just trying to hit 60fps @ 1080p, not bleeding edge PS4 or PC graphics cards.

The CPU/GPU architecture will be interesting to see, it has to be divided between the two pieces somehow, but if anyone can pull it off i'd bet it's Foxconn.

Guest bitroast

yeah. nintendos priority has never been graphix but affordability (and more recently, interesting unique ways to implement controls into the hardware). the wii u is a pretty sweet system .. when utilized well.

i have a hard time saying the same about the wii / wiimote.

altho the wiimote motion plus was pretty good actually. skyward sword has sweet controls imo and better than twilight princess (wii).

(altho, some people even seem to disagree on that and say twilight princess is better ... which is just beyond me !! .. but .. each to their own i guess ).

Edited by bitroast

I thought I had completed MGS5 and then chapter 2 started. I don't know if I can do this.

It's way shorter, also disappointing (don't want to spoil you, but don't expect too much out of it)

Been playing Fallout 4 almost exclusively for the past month, but for some reason I'm craving simpler, fast-paced games that give you an exercise in reflexes - something like Hotline Miami or Samurai Gunn. Any recommendations? (Has to be for PC tho)

Edited by ambermonk

ambermonk, Flywrench is probably the #1 recommendation for me in that vein, it has some very particular things that are fantastic, and a killer drum and bass soundtrack, but you have to make sure that it's running quickly for it to have the experience it's meant to have, it has some graphics settings that make that work if your computer isn't great

http://store.steampowered.com/app/337350/

unrelated to that

this is one of my new favorites from this website http://www.glorioustrainwrecks.com/node/9925

Edited by The Sponge Wiggler