IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

I am going to mount my first gaming PC ever tonight. Wish me good luck! Here is my build: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/JZwGCJ

I am already looking down on console gamers moving on from consoles even if I haven't officially made the move yet.

make sure you drag your feet on any carpeted floor in the house and build as much static charge as possible before touching any of the components during your PC assembly process. this keeps those components healthy and ensures that your PC boots up faster on the first go.

Guest Enter a new display name

I am going to mount my first gaming PC ever tonight. Wish me good luck! Here is my build: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/JZwGCJ

I am already looking down on console gamers moving on from consoles even if I haven't officially made the move yet.

make sure you drag your feet on any carpeted floor in the house and build as much static charge as possible before touching any of the components during your PC assembly process. this keeps those components healthy and ensures that your PC boots up faster on the first go.

lol

I finished installing everything this morning and everything runs so smoothly. I couldn't wait to play Fallout 3 properly. Yes, you heard me! Not Fallout 4. The experience is way better on PC than on console. I didn't really dig it on Xbox 360 but the game seems better designed for PCs.

So many possibilities! Much excite!

Bought Lovely Weather We're Having on Steam and refunded it almost immediately. What a load of shit!

The refund function is great, btw: good to send back games I had misjudged and spend the money on way better things.

How anyone coped without it before is beyond me.

Bought Lovely Weather We're Having on Steam and refunded it almost immediately. What a load of shit!

The refund function is great, btw: good to send back games I had misjudged and spend the money on way better things.

How anyone coped without it before is beyond me.

Yeah there's a few stinkers in my Steam library I've had to hide away under their own section... wish I could get rid of them but ho hum. I seem to remember reading somewhere that under EU law we're supposed to be allowed to resell our software licences "second hand" but Steam obviously doesn't give us the option. Some group tried to press legal action to Valve about that but I don't think they got anywhere with it.

Bored today, how bout some "Know Your Gaming History" kind of trivia questions? Anyone is free to post a brain teaser. I'll start:

What famous historical figures worked on Breakout for the Arari 2600?

Pfft. Easy. Steve Jobs (but got Woz to program it for him)

Reading reviews of the new Animal Crossing party game for Wii U which I have no interest in, but there is literally thousands of dollars in DLC available between Amiibo figures and Cards, for what has been called a piss poor Nintendo game, even by hardcore AC fans. Wtf are they thinking when they are in such a bad position right now? Maybe one of the last mistakes Iwata made before his passing. I understand collectors are insane, but even they have their limits.

I have a theory on this game (I own it; my son and daughter play it for hours) - I think all the effort Nintendo went through making the 3D assets for the game is a precursor to a full Animal Crossing game for Wii U, probably announced at E3 next year.

Of course, the more cynical side of me also thinks this was a blatant cash grab and vehicle to sell Amiibo (hint: it worked in my case; have all the US-released AC Amiibo, with Target exclusive Lottie coming in the post this week).

Here's quite a toughie - What game franchise (of which there were a few in the series) never made it to the PS3 because the marketing department couldn't decide what character to put on the box ?

entering 3ds eco with that absurd animal crossing bundle but it was $179 so fug it. looks like i need two separate flash cards, an updated r4 or similar to play ds games and a gateway for 3ds... where you can buy them from reliably? and which 3ds card? it's been a decade since i bought one of these and there are so many shady looking sites...

Here's quite a toughie - What game franchise (of which there were a few in the series) never made it to the PS3 because the marketing department couldn't decide what character to put on the box ?

FABLE

It's a shooty shooty game

Answer (along with 3 other weirdly cancelled games):

Starcraft Ghost

bought ocarina of time for 3ds but i'm not really feeling it on the small screen so i think i'll purchase it on the wii u eshop tomorrow for 10 dollars.

get Majora's Mask, the port is much better looking.

It's a shooty shooty game

Answer (along with 3 other weirdly cancelled games):

Starcraft Ghost

bought ocarina of time for 3ds but i'm not really feeling it on the small screen so i think i'll purchase it on the wii u eshop tomorrow for 10 dollars.

get Majora's Mask, the port is much better looking.

then i'd need the new 3ds. i don't know if i'll spring for that.

Reading reviews of the new Animal Crossing party game for Wii U which I have no interest in, but there is literally thousands of dollars in DLC available between Amiibo figures and Cards, for what has been called a piss poor Nintendo game, even by hardcore AC fans. Wtf are they thinking when they are in such a bad position right now? Maybe one of the last mistakes Iwata made before his passing. I understand collectors are insane, but even they have their limits.

I have a theory on this game (I own it; my son and daughter play it for hours) - I think all the effort Nintendo went through making the 3D assets for the game is a precursor to a full Animal Crossing game for Wii U, probably announced at E3 next year.

Of course, the more cynical side of me also thinks this was a blatant cash grab and vehicle to sell Amiibo (hint: it worked in my case; have all the US-released AC Amiibo, with Target exclusive Lottie coming in the post this week).

Good for you! The first step to overcoming Amiibo is admitting you have a problem, lol. I kid. Being a big sci fi/fantasy guy myself, I love the Legend of Zelda series, which should have some upcoming functionality in Twilight Princess HD, Hyrule Warriors Legends, and Zelda Wii U. The other great series of figures is Fire Emblem, although they have been difficult to come by. Otherwise, I think the Amiibo should just be included with their games, who knows why the Splatoon figures didn't come in a combo with the game, that was dumb. And I had to get Olimar from Pikmin, he's too cool.

Guest bitroast

Bloodborne / fallout 4 / metal gear solid v ... Journey / shovel knight

Multiplayer: bloodborne (online), rocket league, mortal konbat x, nidhogg, towerfall, spelunky (especially if someone has vita so player 2 has own screen). N++

All^ pretty different but all v good imo ..

In short. Bloodborne