IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

cool interview with Akira Kitamura, director of megaman 1 and 2 .

funny reading this after spending a good long while thinking keiji inafune was 'the megaman guy'..

http://shmuplations.com/megaman/

Yeah, Inafune gets a lot of the credit for the series by virtue of his other work at Capcom...

Really looking forward to playing The Witcher 3 this week. Everything about it looks perfect.

<3

this is a fitting last message. RIP Foil, hope they allow M rated games in heaven

The hell you talkin' about? Did I miss something?

Anyway, just completed the Black Site mission in XCOM 2. It was a bitch.

Edited by ambermonk

so sfv is out today. totally half baked too. core gameplay's solid but most of the single player modes aren't available. online lobbies are currently restricted to two players (update coming in march!). the single player story mode is coming in june i think? apparently the ps3 controller implementation is completely wack at this point (maybe an update coming?). couldn't connect to play last nite after dling on steam but got a couple of matches in this morning before work. really surprised it runs (albeit in low spec mode) on my aging desktop. direct input doesn't work on pc either (supposed update coming at some point).

luckily none of that shit affects me too much. if the ranked matches work as good as they were this morning (and hopefully progressively better as launch hype traffic dies down) that and training are really the only modes i'd play anyways

Played a shit ton of SFV, working fine with my PS4 stick and ranked matches and practice works... And that's all I want in a fighting game really.

The multi-person lobbies are the only thing I'm really missing.

so sfv is out today. totally half baked too. core gameplay's solid but most of the single player modes aren't available. online lobbies are currently restricted to two players (update coming in march!). the single player story mode is coming in june i think? apparently the ps3 controller implementation is completely wack at this point (maybe an update coming?). couldn't connect to play last nite after dling on steam but got a couple of matches in this morning before work. really surprised it runs (albeit in low spec mode) on my aging desktop. direct input doesn't work on pc either (supposed update coming at some point).

luckily none of that shit affects me too much. if the ranked matches work as good as they were this morning (and hopefully progressively better as launch hype traffic dies down) that and training are really the only modes i'd play anyways

I read the PC version *must* run at 60 FPS otherwise you get old-skool console slowdown and makes it unplayable...

I want to get the PS4 version, but I'm holding off if the single and local versus are borked... plus I have a PS3 fightstick, so that too...

i'm picking up a ps4 version this afternoon. for ~$40 after bbuy gift crap. got the steam vers. for ~$30ish but that's mainly as a backup if the missus has the tv. the low spec graphics obviously didn't look that great but the frame rate did seem solid at 60fps. surprised the hell outta me.

it sounds like the ps3 stick stuff is basically that same bad implementation from the usfiv and mkx. you have to keep one ds4 synced and live for any ps3 controller hooked up. not too big of a deal if you're only using one ps3 stick but if you were gonna use two it'd get hairy considering ps4 only has two usb ports. heard mixed reports on dropped inputs and shit but i've also heard of people playing w/o those issues too.

right now there is a small "story" mode that is just a few graphics and scenes using in game models with some absurd voice overs. i imagined it would just be like classic arcade playthroughs of yore with an ending when you beat the boss. i checked out fang's last nite when i couldn't login online. fought two rounds against a painfully easy m. bison and surprisingly... that was it. i had 100% completion for fang and i think i unlocked his story costume or something. really weird. dunno if it was a glitch or just a horrible implementation

on pc i used unkn0wn

ps4 will be juiceciuj if it's not taken (it never was for any of the betas)...

going to see deadpool after work then gonna try and hit bestbuy afterwards if i get there in time to pick up the ps4 copy

i'm pleased as tits that you can finally do online rematches without going to character/level select screens every time. i read you can create a two man room and run sets (first to 10 being the longest). if both players choose rematch instead of character select you can immediately run back without having to go through all the extra loads. really hope they do this with tekken too

I got sucked into season 5 of Diablo last month. And with 150hrs logged since the season started on January 15, that's all I've been playing. I'm going to get back into fallout and finish it so I can start Bloodborne, which I am really anticipating.

I really want SFV, but I can't afford it right now. Lots of shit going on, tying up my money. Plus I'm still on my quest to beat all the Disgaea games now. Still on D2, probably halfway through it. Not sure when I'll finish it. It's a lot harder than I remember it being, certainly harder than Disgaea 5.

The new My Nintendo Account System is open for registration, that will supposedly tie all your Nintendo devices as well as mobile together later this year:

https://accounts.nintendo.com/login

Miitomo is also open, looks heavily targeted at females IMO:

https://miitomo.com/en/