IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

It sounds like the Wii U port of Hyper Light Drifter might be dead due to legal issues, which leaves PC, Linux, Vita and PS4 as the only platforms still in development.

That's too bad...I was almost considering buying a Wii U just so I could play HLD on it when the time comes. Otherwise it won't be a problem on PC, provided it'll be available on Steam. Pretty sure it will be, anyway.

It sounds like the Wii U port of Hyper Light Drifter might be dead due to legal issues, which leaves PC, Linux, Vita and PS4 as the only platforms still in development.

That's too bad...I was almost considering buying a Wii U just so I could play HLD on it when the time comes. Otherwise it won't be a problem on PC, provided it'll be available on Steam. Pretty sure it will be, anyway.

It's on Humble Bundle and Gog. They actually still have Xbox One listed as well.

http://www.humblebundle.com/store/hyperlightdrifter/sdfIwldkGh12k

https://www.gog.com/news/preorder_hyper_light_drifter

Questions from a PS4 n00b, I'm contemplating buying two consoles, one for my US home, and another to use in the Middle East. I know the downloads are region free, so I'm wondering:

1. can you download the same PS4 game twice on two different consoles with the same PSN ID? 2. Does it have cross play where I can pick up my saves on the other console?

3. Does it have an SD slot or physical media to back up game saves for travel?

4. Is there a limit to how many times you can download a title, or how many devices it can be activated on?

Thx

Finished Scholar of the First Sin after way too many moments of pure rage at unfair stuff.

Got back to Dark Souls 1 the day after. Took me 10 mins of playing it to fully realize how superior this game is.

I like Dark Souls 2 but it really feels like a supercollage of incohesive ideas, with bad level design and gangbang moments that were put there just for the lol, compared to a proper Souls game.

April pls hurry up

Edited by Perezvon

I like Dark Souls 2 but it really feels like a supercollage of incohesive ideas, with bad level design and gangbang moments that were put there just for the lol, compared to a proper Souls game.

Yeah absolutely - DS1 is a big cohesive world, DS2 seems more like a mission back made by a bunch of different designers. It's good, just not quite the same

Here's an hour chat about it made by a few friends of mine -

yo guyse, how fun i CivV? Always wanted to try it but I don't know how "tedious" it might become. Opinions?

It's fun if you're unemployed. However, if you don't have that amount of time and you have an iPad, I recommend Eclipse. Full game with the AI is about an hour or so.

Questions from a PS4 n00b, I'm contemplating buying two consoles, one for my US home, and another to use in the Middle East. I know the downloads are region free, so I'm wondering:

1. can you download the same PS4 game twice on two different consoles with the same PSN ID? 2. Does it have cross play where I can pick up my saves on the other console?

4. Is there a limit to how many times you can download a title, or how many devices it can be activated on?

Thx

1. Yes - as long as it is the same PSN ID you are signed in on each console.
  2. No SD, but does have USB ports. No need for game saves - they go into the cloud with your PSN account.
  3. There used to be (5 downloads), but they have since lifted that limit.

re: #2. that's only if you're paying for ps+ though, correct?

played a good bit of sfv on ps4 last nite. didn't have any issues w/legacy stick support. ranked matches seemed fine as i had connection requirements set to 5 bars. lobbies seemed to be functioning but as they were all 2 man lobbies everyone i tried to enter was full. trying to make mika work again but i just can't get my head around her really well

Thx

1. Yes - as long as it is the same PSN ID you are signed in on each console.
  2. No SD, but does have USB ports. No need for game saves - they go into the cloud with your PSN account.
  3. There used to be (5 downloads), but they have since lifted that limit.

3. (Re: Devices) Strictly speaking, only two consoles can share one download if one is activated as the primary console for an account. Any account can access the game on the primary console, but only the account the download was purchased from can access it on a secondary console.

Confusing? It should be, because it's dumb. Also, if you do activate a console as a primary console, you can only deactivate via that console, you can override this on a PC but only every 6 months. Or if you're desperate, email customer service citing whatever circumstance and they'll do it for you.

Like JR said, you can download as many times as you like, but you can only spread it across two consoles, (multiple accounts on the primary console, one account on the secondary).

Also, Street Fighter V is ace. But I need modes that aren't a grindfest like Survival.

Edited by NorthernFusion

Just played Dr Langeskov, a free to play game by the designer of Stanley Parable. Really fun imo, lasts for about 15mn but really well done. Of course you can compare it to Stanley Parable but it's totally not the same thing narration-wise. Kind of a british sense of humor in every bit of the game I guess some people here could enjoy it !

I doubt it - Think Konami have all the rights tied up in that franchise (yes of course we all wanted a Pachinko machine of it Konami, of course we did). I mean it could be a Silent Hills type game, but it'll have to be different enough (certainly in name) for the lawyers not to kick up a fuss !

I doubt it - Think Konami have all the rights tied up in that franchise (yes of course we all wanted a Pachinko machine of it Konami, of course we did). I mean it could be a Silent Hills type game, but it'll have to be different enough (certainly in name) for the lawyers not to kick up a fuss !

Shit, that hasn't stopped the folks behind Allison Road from doing their thang - other than the recognizable name, Kojima-Del-Toro-Reedus could call it "Norm's House" and I'd play that shit in a heartbeat.

NOTHING about the PT demo(s) said "Silent Hill" to me, so I think they are good with continuing sans the trademark name (and I hope they do).

re: #2. that's only if you're paying for ps+ though, correct?

played a good bit of sfv on ps4 last nite. didn't have any issues w/legacy stick support. ranked matches seemed fine as i had connection requirements set to 5 bars. lobbies seemed to be functioning but as they were all 2 man lobbies everyone i tried to enter was full. trying to make mika work again but i just can't get my head around her really well

There's only 2 man lobbies at the moment - update in March.

Completed the main game of the The Witness, challenging and interesting, enjoyed it. Trying the challenge now but it's tough.

Also playing The Division beta. Seems like a strong competitor to Destiny but we'll see. The Dark Zone free for all is very intense, I'm surprised they put something as brutal into a mainstream game.

Added my PSN handle, I'll be playing co-op stuff like Borderlands, Battlefield, COD, maybe The Division. and a lot of Japanese stuff and RPGs. The Witness is as good as you guys were claiming.

Any other co-op recommendations watmm is currently playing?