IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Still on XCOM 2, and restarted my second campaign from the save right after the first "Gatecrasher" mission. I think I'm finally closing in on the best overall approach. On top of that, I'm a month in and haven't lost a single soldier yet. Though that might change once I finish the Blacksite mission on this playthrough...

XCOM 2 is hard for sure, but I've learned it's even harder if you don't know what you're doing.

better save my pennies for the nx..

I think they're trying to sit on that info at least til E3, if everyone knows Zelda will be on NX, I can see a lot of people canceling their Wii U preorders, and possibly selling their consoles to get trade in for the NX stuff. Either way they make money, but damn that system is in a tail spin.

Hopefully it won't cost more than a mid range graphics card so everybody wins.

Except those that just bought a WiiU.

how is The Division? looks interesting.

so far I'm not too impressed, just seems like another generic 3rd person shooter, where Ubisoft promises more than they can deliver. The menus are a little confusing, the UI is cluttered and the text is too small, you can hardly see what you're shooting at, and the cross hairs are badly designed. I still can't tell if Square button is reloading my weapons manually, or if it only reloads when it's empty.

Hopefully it won't cost more than a mid range graphics card so everybody wins.

Except those that just bought a WiiU.

I just did and I have to say I'm kind of disappointed by Nintendo's strategy although it was highly previsible.

I knew the NX would come out pretty quickly but I thought Nintendo would try to support the Wii U a bit longer, especially with the load of stuff they did to keep it alive recently.

how is The Division? looks interesting.

so far I'm not too impressed, just seems like another generic 3rd person shooter, where Ubisoft promises more than they can deliver. The menus are a little confusing, the UI is cluttered and the text is too small, you can hardly see what you're shooting at, and the cross hairs are badly designed. I still can't tell if Square button is reloading my weapons manually, or if it only reloads when it's empty.

That sums it up pretty well. After being spoiled by Destiny's combat, Division feels a lot less smooth. It also can't seem to decide if it wants to be gritty and realistic, with its destructible environments and pretty weather effects, or cartoonish RPG with enemies having bulletproof hoodies and gangs of people with flamethrowers.

I can dig it, though. The Dark Zone is really, really fun. My main concern is how much of the non-dark zone content will be as fun or interesting, and important to the end-game.

Still stuck on the Witness challenge. Figured out one of the "meta" puzzles related to it but I just can't solve the tiles quick enough.

Added my PSN handle, I'll be playing co-op stuff like Borderlands, Battlefield, COD, maybe The Division. and a lot of Japanese stuff and RPGs. The Witness is as good as you guys were claiming.

Any other co-op recommendations watmm is currently playing?

Street Fighter V - VERY barebones (March would be a good time to pick it up since that's when all the stuff that should have been in it at launch will be there), but if you have a friend to play against, incredibly fun.

oh did you pick it up jr? i played a ton of ranked over the weekend. barely cracking ~1000lp. kept going back and forth on long winning/losing streaks. need to brush up on my mika corner shenanigans because that's where the magic happens. i've definitely started to notice dropped inputs using a legacy stick and the first big tournament in atlanta next month has banned legacy support so looks like i'll be upgrading...

still taking way too long between ranked matches (i'd say anywhere from 1-3 mins on average) but maybe some of that will get resolved with the server maintenance later today. been using the extra time to my advantage. lifting weights, pushups, squats, etc. if i play this game enough i'm gonna get totally ripped

oh did you pick it up jr? i played a ton of ranked over the weekend. barely cracking ~1000lp. kept going back and forth on long winning/losing streaks. need to brush up on my mika corner shenanigans because that's where the magic happens. i've definitely started to notice dropped inputs using a legacy stick and the first big tournament in atlanta next month has banned legacy support so looks like i'll be upgrading...

still taking way too long between ranked matches (i'd say anywhere from 1-3 mins on average) but maybe some of that will get resolved with the server maintenance later today. been using the extra time to my advantage. lifting weights, pushups, squats, etc. if i play this game enough i'm gonna get totally ripped

I added you, another fight is coming your way fam.

TRON run/r is enjoyable, but they dropped the ball by not including online Light Cycle races.

who can I add on PS4 that's playing:

Borderlands Handsome Collection

Dying Light

Journey

Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare

Final Fantasy 14

Black Ops 3

Battlefield Hardline

NBA 2K16

sfv players add me

CFN: jellyrajah

PSN: jelly_rajah

TRON run/r is enjoyable, but they dropped the ball by not including online Light Cycle races.

Dying Light

Journey

Final Fantasy 14

Black Ops 3

Battlefield Hardline

NBA 2K16

Will add you both. Rubin, what modes do you play in Blops? I usually hang around Hardcore SnD/KC. I also own Borderlands and Journey but haven't made a dent in either.

Is this the game with the Ae track in the soundtrack? If yes, how is it?

I added you, another fight is coming your way fam.

sweet! i don't have the highest of hopes for a connection from us to scotland though ;O

sfv players add me

CFN: jellyrajah

PSN: jelly_rajah

you got it

Dying Light

Journey

Final Fantasy 14

Black Ops 3

Battlefield Hardline

NBA 2K16

Will add you both. Rubin, what modes do you play in Blops? I usually hang around Hardcore SnD/KC. I also own Borderlands and Journey but haven't made a dent in either.

on this list only occasionally play blops3. if alone i'd usually just jump into ffa but recently found out that ctf is basically the most fun mode on there. now that sf is out i'll probably very rarely be playing blops

btw you can't really choose your partner in journey. it's always random. it's part of the magic!

I noticed last night for the first time a few dropped inputs with my legacy stick too...

Has anyone played Firewatch? Curious if it is as good as they say and is worth 20USD.

I noticed last night for the first time a few dropped inputs with my legacy stick too...

Has anyone played Firewatch? Curious if it is as good as they say and is worth 20USD.

i saw it played on youtube. it looked great. really sucks you in with the gameplay,

It's a pretty great little game, but there's like 4h of gameplay

So more like a movie experience - once the story's done, that's it - no real replayability (other than say completing challenges for trophies)?