IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

dsc000088ndrg.png

dsc00006jqczb.png

dsc00011e0e4w.png

Turns out getting that Super NT is going to cost me more monies... finally got myself a very nice copy of SMW. Also loose carts of Goemon 2 + 3 arrived :happy:

Oh man, you’re going down a deep and dark rabbit hole. I started collecting obscure Japanese Super Famicom games when I got my Super NT as well.

dsc000088ndrg.png

dsc00006jqczb.png

dsc00011e0e4w.png

Turns out getting that Super NT is going to cost me more monies... finally got myself a very nice copy of SMW. Also loose carts of Goemon 2 + 3 arrived  :happy:

Wasn't 1990's box art for games (especially Japanese games) beautiful? If I wasn't against collecting physical stuff anymore, I'd probably have a massive collection of Japanese games. I know all my favourite NEO·GEO games I had in my collection were the Japanese ones (the boxes at least). I mean, compare:

JPN Fatal Fury (aka Garou Densetsu, or "The Battle of Destiny):

ffjap.jpg

vs USA/EU Fatal Fury:

48909-fatal-fury-neo-geo-front-cover.jpg

Besides Smash Ultimate tomorrow, Katamari Damacy Reroll (an HD remake of the OG KD from the PS2) is out 7 December on Switch as well!

Wife is ultra-stoked about Katamari (she was a huge fan of the PS2 version) - hope the switch controls work as well as I hope they do (this game seems made for Joycon interface) 

Also on Steam as well, for our PC Master Race folk!

Besides Smash Ultimate tomorrow, Katamari Damacy Reroll (an HD remake of the OG KD from the PS2) is out 7 December on Switch as well!

Wife is ultra-stoked about Katamari (she was a huge fan of the PS2 version) - hope the switch controls work as well as I hope they do (this game seems made for Joycon interface)

Never played it myself but it's on my radar, will probably pick it up

Oh, you are in for a treat - one of the most original and creative games of the past 20 years. Awesome soundtrack as well.

Oh man, you’re going down a deep and dark rabbit hole. I started collecting obscure Japanese Super Famicom games when I got my Super NT as well.

I already have a bunch of carts stashed away to keep my SNT happy, but the occasional browse on ebay is dangerous territory! I needed that nice SMW. I have a couple of PAL copies floating around, but I've always wanted a clean, original Japanese copy. I think it's been sat in a box for the last 25+ years, it's close to pristine! Fortunately I did likewise with some other choice cuts a few years back:

img_25149sch0.jpg

Wasn't 1990's box art for games (especially Japanese games) beautiful? If I wasn't against collecting physical stuff anymore, I'd probably have a massive collection of Japanese games. I know all my favourite NEO·GEO games I had in my collection were the Japanese ones (the boxes at least). I mean, compare:

JPN Fatal Fury (aka Garou Densetsu, or "The Battle of Destiny):

ffjap.jpg

vs USA/EU Fatal Fury

Japanese cover art was great back then. There was something very specific about the skinny Super Famicom game box dimensions that meant artists didn't have quite as much space to fill as with other formats. Most covers were very bold and colourful to attract attention, they kind of had to be:

gloriousimports7acrr.jpg

Funny how the same problem is happening in the dominant digital age. Switch is the first system in a long time where Nintendo have been swamped by third parties, in fact they haven't had it this good since the SNES days. Trouble now is, all those games are vying for your money in the eshop, which is bursting at the seams with a weekly onslaught of new titles.

Oh, and as for Smash... there's a rumour that my Switch might get lucky at Christmas, gotta wait and see  :catsupine:

bought a Rift last week. love it. I mean I get the complaints (resolution, occasional fidgety/disorienting controls, still lots of "demo" games out there, etc), but idc, I've been waiting for this since the mid 90s. that said, every single game with an enemy instantly becomes horrifying and frantic. FUCK radroaches. :wtf:

i've only grabbed the demo of this, but it's goddamn great:

I'm starting to think that the fact that The Outer Worlds got revealed three weeks after FO76's launch isn't coincidence. Being that the game's project leaders are also the original creators of Fallout, I think this was a calculated move by Obsidian, if not a slap in the face toward Bethesda for shitting the bed. They knew FO76 would be a potential disaster, and they were right. They were just waiting for the right moment to strike.

Looks like Episode 3 of Dusk (the indie Quake/Blood hybrid from last January) is finally available for early access. And will officially be a complete game on Monday. Might have to give it a go again soon.

And I think the full Ion Maiden (using Duke 3D's Build engine) is slated for completion in Q1 2019 also...on top of an avalanche of already promising games next year.

Looks like Episode 3 of Dusk (the indie Quake/Blood hybrid from last January) is finally available for early access. And will officially be a complete game on Monday. Might have to give it a go again soon.

And I think the full Ion Maiden (using Duke 3D's Build engine) is slated for completion in Q1 2019 also...on top of an avalanche of already promising games next year.

Looking forward to both of these, didn't realise Dusk was gonna be finished so soon.

Beat Layers of Fear. Wasn't great to be honest.

why not? I thought it was brilliant. I also connected it quite strongly emotionally, which doesn't happen a lot with game stories anymore.

edit: I'm replaying Soma now

Edited by usagi