IGNORED

XI year old Autechre Album Released: Exai (WARP234)

Guest pixelives

Guest texan whip

I say it everytime they're about to release a new album, but it never happens, so i'll mention it again...A bit of bagpipe would not go amiss.

not sanded down and child proofed like most of the 2010 stuff.

all you have to do is look at Sean's happy face to realize they aren't going back to the "clenched fist" intensity and austerity. That's not them any longer. I expect the new album will be even looser and more weed influenced. That's how Move of Ten sounded to me, just a jammy noodly goof off session. Though I did like (most of) Oversteps.

I say it everytime they're about to release a new album, but it never happens, so i'll mention it again...A bit of bagpipe would not go amiss.

yes because that worked great for orbital :-)

Edited by lumpenprol

He was all grinny right after Quaristice was released, too, though. And their livesets in 2010 are still pretty bangin'.

MoT was a total wankfest. Track 1 is all I really got out of it, which was still pretty wanky but in a pretty sweet way. I like about 40% of Oversteps. The stuff that I don't really like isn't like it was on previous albums where I didn't mind it because it was still providing a nice mood or background noise - the stuff I don't like on Oversteps is a fucking buzzkill :dry:

can they just stop with autechre already and join dave matthews band, their true calling

they can be the new saxophonist or something

can they just stop with autechre already and join dave matthews band, their true calling

they can be the new saxophonist or something

They could drive the tourbus and dump the DMB human waste all over tourists in chicago... and use field recordings of that as source material for LP12

edit: IMO

Edited by baph

not sanded down and child proofed like most of the 2010 stuff.

I expect the new album will be even looser and more weed influenced. That's how Move of Ten sounded to me

Nah I wouldn't count on that at all. Move of Ten was composed while they were on the Oversteps tour with limited equipment.

Pretty sure the album will be a focused effort. Can't wait to hear what direction they're going in...

My mate Mitch, who was Ian's roommate back during some neo-architecture workshop or whatever, just proofed a low-res share of one of the inner lenticular "cards" or some shit they're trying to pull off. Apparently the album is call "Duntrfls". The guys keep referring to "done true feels". Not sure what that means to them, but it seems like a nod to old school maybe?

Anyways, take it for what it's worth. Mitch's brother in-law was Ashley, their sound guy. So, this is definitely legit. (LOL, funny name right?!)

With that, I humbly present to you Autechre's "Duntrfls":

4WhXU.jpg

Edited by gl0tch

I would not be surprised at all, if that was actually legit. Except that it looks like something they would have done in 1994.

Right?!?!? LOL, my thought as well.

There was also something about iPads with this album. I didnt hear if it had to do with how it was created/performed, or how it would be distributed. I really think several timelines and aesthetics are converging with this release though!

Edited by gl0tch