IGNORED

XI year old Autechre Album Released: Exai (WARP234)

Guest pixelives

Falling asleep to my 24bit WAVs of Oversteps - 'Treale' sounding as dirty as ever - after having played a game of Simon Tatham's Galaxies on an 11×11 grid in tribute to Exai.

post-7998-0-86970400-1355457218_thumb.png

303 ?

The artwork is quite unusual for an Ae album, I mean look at that color scheme ! They already used green, but not in that pastel, beautiful way. Same goes with the blue and the brown - even tho the main, 11-bits sleeve is reminiscent of their older works. And the texture of the packaging also seems a lot more natural. I have high hopes about that album, it could be an all new style, maybe more organic and forest-based journey, whatever that means !

Edited by StocKo

303 ?

The artwork is quite unusual for an Ae album, I mean look at that color scheme ! They already used green, but not in that pastel, beautiful way. Same goes with the blue and the brown - even tho the main, 11-bits sleeve is reminiscent of their older works. And the texture of the packaging also seems a lot more natural. I have high hopes about that album, it could be an all new style, maybe more organic and forest-based journey, whatever that means !

Yeah its definitely got an interesting vibe, also interesting how long it is, yet there aren't an insane amount of tracks either.

yay

album title speculation time:

Leveleleven

Yup. "Exai" = phonetic iteration of Roman numeral "XI", meaning it's Ae's 11th LP.

called it first, woo

I was super-excited at first at the announcement, because I first read 2 hours and 32 minutes of music, in stead of seconds

I'm still super-excited but with that slightly disappointed feel you know? FML.

Sean is the one who picks his nose though.

that makes me like him even more. lol @ rob

the sleeve designs are kind of.. natural and synthetic at the same time

The idea of a boustrophedon QR code is pretty awesome. Cheers to that! And yes, it does look rather like Conway's Game of Life. Has anyone plugged the cover pattern into Life or any other cellular automata yet?

well, I heard it. It's a continuous mix. Both discs. Just like the live shows, but in disc format.

too bad you are commonly known to be a pathological liar man, cause that would be lush :]