IGNORED

XI year old Autechre Album Released: Exai (WARP234)

Guest pixelives

"This isn't just fucking music my friend and it's no where close to

little girls screaming for Paul fucking McCarney. This is bloody IDM

Music"

So why is it when asked what my favourite artists are, when I mention Autechre, 99% of people say "Who?" If it was the greatest music ever, after 22 years wouldn't the whole world know who they are?

Yes, they are awesome, and I get the excitement, i really do, but when I think of autechre, I think their fans are intelligent. Not fuckwits who post pictures of burning Korans.

I did like the conan .gif tho :)

Because 99% of people are morons. That's why. There's your answer. That is why we are all here waiting for this to leak. 99% of people are quite frankly shit, sorry but it's true... Autechre is one of that very delicate 1%. This is why we MUST preserve this very delicate music ecosystem and not abandon it for mere petty reasons such as popularity. FUCK what is the point of dignity when dignity is only relevant if you want approval from the majority. No one gives a damn, and rightfully so. Why should they. HOW DARE YOU SUGGEST THEY SHOULD. You are probably a WARP SPY trying to make us all apathetic and indifferent towards this music to save your ass a pretty penny. Pathetic.

http://warp.net/records/general/job-opportunity-operation-manager

warp is looking to hire an operations manager in new york. some brave NY ae fan should infiltrate via this position. then leak exai. then after the mission is accomplished get fired for running down the halls screaming BLLLLAAAAAADELOOOORRREEESSSS!!!!!!!! and wrecking the place with office chairs

Woah, kind of considering applying for that actually...

BLAAAAAAAAAAAADEEEEEELOOOOOOOOORRRRREEEEEESSSSSSSS!!!!!!

*Rappels out of window with the Exai promo, runs down the side of the building Tom Cruise style, jumping in slow-mo just as the NY Warp offices ignite in a ball of fiery gas. Takes out Warp bots with the ancient Bladelores technique. LEAKS EVERYWHERE. Chills with Flep and Mira in secret AE IDM isolation pool underneath the east river. Listens to leak, HEAD ASPLODE.*

Music"

So why is it when asked what my favourite artists are, when I mention Autechre, 99% of people say "Who?" If it was the greatest music ever, after 22 years wouldn't the whole world know who they are?

Yes, they are awesome, and I get the excitement, i really do, but when I think of autechre, I think their fans are intelligent. Not fuckwits who post pictures of burning Korans.

Because 99% of people are morons. That's why. There's your answer. That is why we are all here waiting for this to leak. 99% of people are quite frankly shit, sorry but it's true... Autechre is one of that very delicate 1%. This is why we MUST preserve this very delicate music ecosystem and not abandon it for mere petty reasons such as popularity. FUCK what is the point of dignity when dignity is only relevant if you want approval from the majority. No one gives a damn, and rightfully so. Why should they. HOW DARE YOU SUGGEST THEY SHOULD. You are probably a WARP SPY trying to make us all apathetic and indifferent towards this music to save your ass a pretty penny. Pathetic.

I am not saying they have to like them, but at least they would be aware of them? No?

Maybe you live in a hick town in the middle of nowhere, but I live in Brighton uk. A pretty hip town to be fair. people are not morons. They are pretty cool, but still Ae seems to pass them by. A shame I reckon.

Also, yes, you are right, this is a CON- FUCKING- SPIRACY, all cleverly put together to stop you, yes YOU! listening to an album by to blokes from rochdale.

You are a dick.

OK, listen up:

This thread is really becoming sad, and honestly, most of the banter here has nothing to do with Exai, so let's keep this on topic, otherwise, the thread will be locked until March 3rd, and then you guys can resume talking about it.

Honestly - you're putting the BoC fans clutching their hexagon kaleidoscopes in vain of any shred of news, let alone waiting for a release date, to shame.

Autechre and Boards of Canada are FEATURED artists that YOU picked BECAUSE they are the BEST. Unless you are joking, I think MORE people should be clutching their hexagon kaleidoscopes, MORE people should be crying in the streets for EXAI. This isn't just fucking music my friend and it's no where close to little girls screaming for Paul fucking McCarney. This is bloody IDM Music. Cream of the crop. It is like Christmas morning, BUT BETTER. So I will proudly continue to cry myself to sleep everynight until this leaks, thank you very much.

This sounds like an IDM poetry by Ernest fucking Hemingway ! Brilliant my boy !

Edited by Kavinsky

Music"

Also, what?

something that might soothe your spirit: imagine you already have the promo/leak and you chose to listen only to: spl9, tuinorizn, and just 30 seconds of Fleure, irlite (get 0), prac-f, jatevee C, Tess xi, vekoS, Flep and bladelores. also, you ripped/transcoded all of the tracks to 128kbps.

*Rappels out of window with the Exai promo, runs down the side of the building Tom Cruise style, jumping in slow-mo just as the NY Warp offices ignite in a ball of fiery gas. Takes out Warp bots with the ancient Bladelores technique. LEAKS EVERYWHERE. Chills with Flep and Mira in secret AE IDM isolation pool underneath the east river. Listens to leak, HEAD ASPLODE.*

hedexplode0ye.gif

So have warp sent out promo's and put an embargo on reviews as well as leaks / radio plays?

Certainly not, but quite often labels ask to publish reviews not before the release. Generally, you get the reviews maybe 1-2 weeks in advance.

In regards to radio play, maybe they haven't sent anything out to radio djs? I know that there was a show on byte.fm a few days ago where a guy played Exai.

Music"

Best not to feed the obvious trolls. :)

hedexplode0ye.gif

the internet is a strange place... .. .

"

Because 99% of people are morons. That's why. There's your answer. That is why we are all here waiting for this to leak. 99% of people are quite frankly shit, sorry but it's true... Autechre is one of that very delicate 1%.

Right on, compson! :) :) :)

Music vs intelligence

SAT to IQ conversion chart

LOL I'm only fan of Beethoven and Ae. Shit! This study works just fine for me :)

I'm wondering what would be our (hard.core Ae fans) average IQ... Can't imagine higher average IQ to be in any other music fans. Not even Beethoven's. OK, maybe Actress fan group...

We could make an anonymous survey but only for those who knows their IQ or SAT. ..or after using this excellent IQ test.

That could be fun waiting time before Exai leaks. In the mean time we can talk to each other how special and intelligent we are adding compliments for our beautiful massive dicks...why not?! I have one and IQ of 160 as everybody else here. Sorry compson, I'm not sure anymore if i'm being sarcastic or not. I managed to trick myself. :wacko: ...every erection is 1l less blood in my system. here we go... I did it again!

...and not to be completely off-topic let me juts add...I'm exaited! :cerious:

was happy to be part of the initial banter and subsequent lol.

Then got bored, went away and did something else.

Back now as im sure it will be released soon ish....

Seriously even if its not released until the actual release date they have told us, that is great for Warp as a label being able to keep a lid on the release, and +10 internet points for the antipiracy team.

#waits for gl0tch to tell me to go fuck myself#

Chill out, youngsters!

I bicycled to the record store after school every day for two months hoping that they'd gotten Sepultura's Beneath The Remains back in 1989.

(Insert Monty Python sketch here)