IGNORED

XI year old Autechre Album Released: Exai (WARP234)

Guest pixelives

Guest disoriental express

apparently it's watmm's time of the month.

QmLVsrF.jpg

(bizarre mutant animal picture quota preserved.)

Edited by disoriental express

disclaimer: unrelated brag post

you know which improbable event actually occured today, and before exai leaked?

i've finally received my government-funded Elektron Analog Four synthesizer! Take that, taxpayers!

And good luck to everyone in this thread, see you after bladelores.

flep.png

I'm not envious by nature so all I can say is congratulation and i hope I'll serve you well.

#....fart :)

disclaimer: unrelated brag post

you know which improbable event actually occured today, and before exai leaked?

i've finally received my government-funded Elektron Analog Four synthesizer! Take that, taxpayers!

Guest Aserinsky

Aserinsky, you made some good points.

I used to think about the artists intentions alot in the past and this used to significantly colour my own experiences of the music.

Last year Clark toured Australia and he ended up hanging out with one of my friends after the gig. My friend spoke to him a lot about his music and seemed to think he was quite disconnected from the listener experience.

From my own experiences of making music, when I listen to stuff I made years ago, i now go "how the hell did i do that", or "shit i should just do more things like this" ... where as at the time I was just doing what seemed natural, and didn't really think about it all too much.

I think that despite your ideas may be accurate regarding ae's progression, that they themselves may not be sitting around at a board room before each release consciously planning each album, and the song's structure and sound palette in a calculative fashion.

Thoughts?

Oh I agree, I don't think it's necessarily something that they've consciously chosen to do, but rather that it's more of a natural progression that's cyclical as opposed to being linear. From the samples I found if anything this seemed really reminiscent of stuff like Lego Feet structurally; in that it's another approach to a form of progressing hip hop as a sound rather than say stuff their stuff from the turn of the century onwards where the focus seemed like progressing sound in general, free from any structural restraints. I'd imagine that a lot of artists are like that; look at how Aphex seems to have drifted away from jungle back to acid again but from a completely different approach, or say Squarepusher who returned both to his bass and electronic styles from a completely different angle. It's almost as if their careers have started trying to craft their perfect sound, drifting away from it, then returning back to it when they feel they have the chops to further realise their initial vision. In a way, it seems like Autechre are returning to this point now (you only need to look at their Skullsnap EP and 6852 to see them becoming comfortable with making hip hop again).

I wonder if, now we know the release date is right there on the front cover, that means there'll be no early release? If there were, it would kind of make the artwork a bit pointless, wouldn't it?

burger_top.gif

Samaritans
www.samaritans.org/Share
Available 24 hours a day to provide confidential emotional support for people who are experiencing feelings of distress, despair or suicidal thoughts.

burger_bottom.gif

>Just noticed too that using a vertical scale, you get 11234

Album 11

WARP234<

/span>

Well that's some cool shit right there.

this is cool to me

Coincidence only. Each LP sleeve a similar, but not identical, pattern on it.

http://media.warp.net/images/WARP234_4inners_grid_480.jpg

Nice idea, though. Though I wonder if the artwork has any significance, I'm pretty sure that's not it.