IGNORED

XI year old Autechre Album Released: Exai (WARP234)

Guest pixelives

Exai is still my AOTY, greater than Ceephax and definitely greater than Tomorrow's Harvest.

Not sure what else is due out for the rest of the year that might even come close....

Definitely. Nothing so far has even come close.

Fleure - nodezsh is perfection, after that the flow gets a little "off" somehow. Though cloudline and recks on are stellar tracks.

I have to say it's great all the way till Cloudline. spl9 is a festival and Cloudline's my favorite track. It's so unbelievably good. Most artists can't make songs that amazing after so many years/albums/eps.

I really should listen to this more often. Currently the new Justin Timberlake album has been getting more plays than Exai.

*hands in watmm badge*

Guest Shadow GriZZly

The amount of interviews coming from BoC proves that Autechre are the most asocial.

Was there any interview with them post-Exai or have I missed something?

Guest dylanmcknd

The amount of interviews coming from BoC proves that Autechre are the most asocial.

I'm pretty sure there weren't, which I thought was odd, since they usually do interviews post album.

I'm pretty sure there weren't, which I thought was odd, since they usually do interviews post album.

I know they had one in Japanese and maybe one in German, because I saw a new picture of them and the website that it came from was all Autechre this and that in German.

I wonder if there will be any more to come this year. I wouldn't expect it as Exai is a great deal of quality music to come from an artist in a year as it is. But with the un-Ae like lack of interviews, tour announcement, or 'EP' of some sort, it seems like they maybe haven't 'finished' with the Exai era yet.

Has nobody with inside info or anything heard or speculated anything since Exai was announced? Radio silence is very odd for Ae when an album comes out. Although it would make sense for them to wait for new BoC to get out of the way, it could detract from them getting attention on anything they announce (tour pls).

Mods, please change the title of this thread.

Every time I see "New Autechre Album" as a newly posted item I get shivers, clammy palms and I start chewing the inside of my mouth....

:cerious:

gurn.gif

Guest 30equals

Every time I see "New Autechre Album" as a newly posted item I get shivers, clammy palms and I start chewing the inside of my mouth....

this.

Done

Album of the year so far; let's see what Hesitation Marks brings

Album of the year!? My god, this is going to be a horrible year to choose one. (Fuck Yeah!)

Done

photo-123.jpg?_r=1365849113

revisiting this now. gorgeous day, ice cold beer in hand, all windows open, preparing an organic kobe beef london broil with peter luger steak sauce, iceberg salad and hot fudge sundaes. full Father's Day mode. bladelores is wailing right now. glory.