IGNORED

XI year old Autechre Album Released: Exai (WARP234)

Guest pixelives

• 3 weeks later...

happy 1year of Exai you guys

i remember the first time i heard it, butt ugly sounds, burps and squeeks,that make no sense with minimalistic drum patterns

blind confidence in AE told me to persieve just like the other albums and now bam a year later i'm still playing it and it sounds better then ever

img10064473591.jpeg

Oversteps definitely worked, twinkly remnants of it would be most welcome in whatever ae decide to do next.

Zole yeah I was just playing along with the previous posts. I welcome twinkly shit!

I listen to Autechre since I'm 16 years old or so, for me it's always been a huge thing with some accessible stuff, some more obscure stuff which I took years to digest. I listened to some albums more than others but always admired their work.

Then Exai came out and it still sounds like a monument, one of the most accomplished thing I ever heard. I found it more accessible as most of their stuff from the beginning but it still fascinates me like so little music does. L-Event goes in the same case (tac Lacora... where the hell does this track comes from?...).

I always found more and more difficult to discover music across the years but this belongs to the top notch of the exceptions.

Thank you

Just like BMX'in through the city at night innit.

Having it all come at you on that initial listen through is really special. Maneuvering with the sound like when you first learned to ride a bike, and the ensuing rapture of zooming around the city, fear obliterated by adrenalin excitement.

i was tagging "sean" on a wall in 1998 and some of the spray paint got in my eye and i had an hallucination of all of the tracks on exai in the correct order.

how?

psychic.

or physique.

Potato.

• 1 month later...