I am also just about to subjugate myself to the Mummy. I already watched the half in the bag, and it made me curious to see just how bad it is.

You know what? So far this is not worse than any Marvel or DC superhero movie I've watched in a while. People praised Wonder Woman like there was no tomorrow. And yes, it had way more heart than BvS Dawn of Justice but it was really bad. But people really seemed to despise this movie.

Anyway, it might flip around and turn into a big pile of shit in a couple minutes.

Russell Crowe looks fat as shit in dat movie. All of these "connected universe" bandwagon films look really bad so far. And I know, Marvel missteps from time to time as well. They're just doing too many damn TV shows now. I mean, do we really need a Squirrel Girl teen comedy? ?

can anybody recommend some industrial-type horror films? aesthetics that involve grime, machinery, urban decay, scavenging, plague, that kind of thing. (not Tetsuo, more atmospheric.)

Hard to be a god?

Screamers?

I might have to get back to you, I'm not sure either fit the bill.

Videodrome?

Eraserhead?

You've probably seen them.

Razorback 1984 is a pretty terrible b movie about a hog terrorising some hillbillies in the Australian outback, but it's shot stylishly as fuck and therefore I love it.

Videodrome?

Eraserhead?

You've probably seen them.

many times.

Hard To Be A God was recommended to me before, that's up soon. not quite industrial though.

Edited by usagi

Eden Log?

Pandorum?

They're both pretty terrible, but might tick a few boxes.

Finally got round to watching Eraserhead. Was in a way similar to how I expected, can't say that'll be the last time I watch it due to both interest and enjoyment. There were a couple of things that seem like they've been nabbed from the film for some of the episodes of the new Twin Peaks. The tree and ball bag thing from Twin Peaks come to mind.

I guess Hollywood finally threw in the towel and thought "fuck it, let's just combine every shitty sci-fi movie into one.  No one's paying attention anyway, they're all looking down at their phones."

can anybody recommend some industrial-type horror films? aesthetics that involve grime, machinery, urban decay, scavenging, plague, that kind of thing. (not Tetsuo, more atmospheric.)

header.jpg?t=1461347756

Edited by sunshine recorder

Copland - italian american all boys club battle for biggest dick in each scene. Peter Berg is the small town pleb inside anyone from a small town.

Inforapennyinforapund/10

The Stunt Man

Great stuff, tis' bit of a psychedlic mind bending action comedy drama :cisfor:
Peter O'Toole is brilliant as the mad director, cinematogphy is adventuroes and rewarding.

Goes on slightly too long, but still fun throughout and keeps you wondering.

9 Stunts/10

Embrace of the Serpent - Yeah, you guys were right. this was sensational.

Ixcanul - This was the first part of a double feature with Embrace. Also every good, but probably won't prove as memorable/rewatch-able.

Edited by doublename

I guess Hollywood finally threw in the towel and thought "fuck it, let's just combine every shitty sci-fi movie into one.  No one's paying attention anyway, they're all looking down at their phones."

Sooo Fucking good. Calendar marked.