Escape from L.A - still love this, HD on netflix and Kurt Russell just looked like he has been living in Birmingham all his life. Pam Grier's voice gets dubbed over to be turned into a transvestite. 

Full leather jacket / 10 

rewatched american movie while drinking gin. beautiful and hilarious and i want to cry

I watched Cabin Fever 2 last weekend and all of a sudden Mark Borchardt shows up

rewatched american movie while drinking gin. beautiful and hilarious and i want to cry

I watched Cabin Fever 2 last weekend and all of a sudden Mark Borchardt shows up

yeah it wasn't cf2 ('cause i've never seen it) but i've definitely seen him make a cameo in something before. totally took me by surprise. oh, i think it was jet li's "the one" which i only recently saw for the first time lol

the first time i saw american movie i really wasn't sure if it was real or not

a-dark-song-poster01.jpg

tried watching this on sunday. i'm familiar about crowley's attempts at doing the abramelin and his impatience with the ritual and after watching this i can understand why. talk about slow- this movie crawls to nothing (at least, until i had to stop it). also, i didn't buy her reasoning to doing the ritual. why invoke a bunch of demons so you can talk to your son? was the son in hell? i'd imagine any mother to think of her dead son as being in heaven, so the idea that she takes such a dark route to contact him seemed a little unbelievable imo

spiderman.

absolute shit. i can't believe anyone liked this movie. i was fuming from the opening scene where michael keaton decides to become a murdering psychopath because he loses a fucking government contract. like. holy shit. pretty sure the gov't pays like .0000000000001% of their contractors

fuckyou/10

Dunkirk - Solid but can someone please tell Hans Zimmer to calm the fuck down.

Did you see his set at Coachella? It was pretty impressive

I saw some of it. It was pretty embarrassing

The Eyes of My Mother.

my nibbas, this was great. one of the best horror films I've seen recently. for what it set out to do, I have a hard time faulting it for anything - story, pacing, acting, direction, score, cinematography, all tight and in just the right balance. the ending could have been a bit more developed, I guess. but it gets to you in a way that many other films which might cover the same subject matter would fail to, through its reserve and naturalistic direction. and it's this director's first effort! I'm keeping an eye on this guy.

Saw it last night, basically an action musical (not nearly as bad as that sounds). Fab soundtrack, they even manage to fit BoC in. Probably a bit too "Edgar Wright" for it's own good (Quick cuts! Foreshadowing!) but all-round slick and energetic and lovely to look at. The script is a bit hollow in places, pacing is a bit off round the middle, and a little too Drive in parts, but yeah, I like it.

tinnitus / 10

Edited by WeAreOceans