X Men: Days Of Futur.............shit I don't even want to type the rest of the title.

What I really want is my money back. This is a terrible film.

I feel like if this film does well then the film industry is in serious trouble.

They didn't even bother to make it look like a decent film, the frame rate seemed to be random and it had this annoying grain to it that made it look like they were going for a 28 Days Later look.

Anyhow, the extremely random fast pace of this tedious, uninteresting adaptation of the comic, made it not flow for me. It felt very confused and boring.

The dialogue is fucking awful.

The effects on Mystique are fucking awful.

The best scene was the extra one after the credits.

The one character I thought I was going to hate had the best action scene in the whole damn thing and then they don't use him for the rest of the film, he just disappears from the script.

Maybe I have had a bad day today, I have, and I saw a different film than a lot of other people but I think this is as bad as X Men 3.

Great actors (Stewart, McKellan, Fassbender) being fed horrible lines and direction by an accused rapist.

Drew Goddard quits Daredevil, Edgar Wright quits Ant Man, Spider Man is stuck in some ring of cinematic hell, and now this shiny turd.

Star Wars, you are our only hope.

XM;DOFP - X Men 3/10

Godzilla 8/10 - Shit blows up good, giant lizard looks awesome. The HALO jump sequence was really striking. Don't need much more from a movie like this.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Guest bitroast

Godzilla 8/10 - Shit blows up good, giant lizard looks awesome. The HALO jump sequence was really striking. Don't need much more from a movie like this.

except for like, an interesting plot or characters..

triumph of the will

shouting nazis, smiling children and flailing right arms for 1½ hours / 10

also learned that leni reifenstahl lived to be 101 (died in 2003) and released her last film in 2002, scored by giorgio moroder. proper wtf moment.

XM;DOFP - X Men 3/10

I mostly enjoyed gazing into the massive 3d screen and watching mutants with crazy powers do stuff - I knew mystique as 'the blue chick'

it is kind of a shame the fast guy disappeared

I enjoyed the random fast pace, I just got lost in it

Guest bitroast

triumph of the will

also learned that leni reifenstahl lived to be 101 (died in 2003) and released her last film in 2002, scored by giorgio moroder. proper wtf moment.

I've been tempted to watch this for a while now.

Out of curiosity, and to see how many scenes are comparable to Star Wars mostly.

Would you say its worth watching or nothing a quick edited youtube video can't summarise ?

Gojira is the Charles Foster Kane of building smashing CG monsters.

Really though, my expectations were so low, the fact that I was able to stay awake put it ahead of any Hollywood blockbuster I've seen in a few years.

Edited by doublename

triumph of the will

Out of curiosity, and to see how many scenes are comparable to Star Wars mostly.

Would you say its worth watching or nothing a quick edited youtube video can't summarise ?

i watched the long version on youtube, but skipped past a lot of the marching and stuff. was mostly interested in hearing their silly/creepy speeches.

subbed:

[youtubehd]GHs2coAzLJ8[/youtubehd]

Hopefully, you don't expect that from a Godzilla movie, right?

XM;DOFP - X Men 3/10

I mostly enjoyed gazing into the massive 3d screen and watching mutants with crazy powers do stuff - I knew mystique as 'the blue chick'

it is kind of a shame the fast guy disappeared

I enjoyed the random fast pace, I just got lost in it

Yes zole

Well first people were 3 dimensional and then they got rather more 2D. Happened that way to a lot of the cast.

/haven't watched the film, this was just specious exercise in developing comedy muscle. my main point is that i am annoyed by the spoiler above, spoilers in spoiler tags mother fuckers.

Guest bitroast

Hopefully, you don't expect that from a Godzilla movie, right?

not at all!

but the movie forced it upon the viewers regardless of what you go in expecting. core of the film, good majority 80% of the film focuses on the characters and building up the story from their point of view, with monsters/Godzilla taking up only snippets of screen time more toward the end.

it's a sort of catch 22 because the film has a hardly interesting character development/hardly interesting story, which is exactly what you'd expect from a Godzilla film. but the film still focuses primarily on the characters and manages to do so in the most utterly boring way possible.

I dunno. I have no issues with people liking the film. because it is genuinely a well put together monster movie. it's just... so... BORING !!!! *-*

Edited by bitroast

triumph of the will

i watched the long version on youtube, but skipped past a lot of the marching and stuff. was mostly interested in hearing their silly/creepy speeches.

subbed:

[youtubehd]GHs2coAzLJ8[/youtubehd]

I was surprised at the level of vacuous platitude and empty political sloganeering, i've heard of playing to the lowest common denominator but the speeches by hitler were ridiculous. I was expecting more meat about policy and the future of the fatherland. /decides not to vote for the nazi party.

Guest bitroast

hehehe thanks for the link !

this video is the one that got me interested in the film, comparing the edits and shots from TOTW to SW:ANH and seeing how incredibly similar it all is.

leni reifenstahl had a real eye for this stuff. lucas had a knack for ripping off the good stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbEEQxtnkHE

Divergent: Post-apocalypse city enclave fenced in for unknown reasons, and the reasons are never explained. Ends up being a love story. Never saw Hunger Games, but seems to be a spinoff of it. Somewhat forgettable. 6/10

The Lego Movie: Stays true to the Lego lineage, while keeping in tune with modern day overtones of plutocracy and robotic henchmen. Also has good visuals while not taking itself too seriously. Would watch again with someone who shares the same childhood love for the Lego franchise. 8/10

Godzilla (2014): Keeps in tune with the original Toho "Gojira" franchise, and reflects Japanese sentiment that nature is a greater force than mankind, as well as the scorn of nuclear weaponry. Like Doublename said, the Halo scene was pretty dope. Also puts the 1998 "Godzilla" movie to shame. So 8/10

Guest bitroast

recently watched Jodorowsky's Dune.

great doco talking about Alejandro Jodorowsky's efforts in recruiting staff/talent and finances to make big epic psychedelic sci-fi romper adaptation loosely based on Dune.

pretty great watching if you have any fascination in 70's/sci fi films. recommended!

*** on a similar note ***

can anyone recommend El Topo / The Holy Mountain?

nearby cinema is playing a double of the two films back to back next week and i'm considering going. I've read the incal and enjoyed most of it (the visuals) but found the plot to be pretty meandering and borderline incoherent psychedelic ramblings. are these films worth checking out?? any thoughts appreciated :)

recently watched Jodorowsky's Dune.

great doco talking about Alejandro Jodorowsky's efforts in recruiting staff/talent and finances to make big epic psychedelic sci-fi romper adaptation loosely based on Dune.

pretty great watching if you have any fascination in 70's/sci fi films. recommended!

*** on a similar note ***

can anyone recommend El Topo / The Holy Mountain?

nearby cinema is playing a double of the two films back to back next week and i'm considering going. I've read the incal and enjoyed most of it (the visuals) but found the plot to be pretty meandering and borderline incoherent psychedelic ramblings. are these films worth checking out?? any thoughts appreciated :)

Aw yo - The Holy Mountain is deffffffffinitely worth checking out. It's a real gem, so entertaining, creative and enjoyable - just makes you happy watching it .

El Topo on the other hand... it's not as lighthearted and takes things a little more seriously and i'm not as keen on it... but maybe that's just because I watched it in a room with some people that didn't mix and had a uncomfortable atmosphere through out...but if they're playing it with the double then why not!

Be warned though - that's a pretty taxing double-bill - you'll most likely be fairly drained afterwards. Bring plenty of peyote snacks.