Short Peace, the animation collection by Katsuhiro Otomo + a batshit insane game by Suda 51.

9/10 for the whole thing, although I wonder how badly some of the CGI is going to age.

jodorowski's dune is good. 9/10. plenty of jodorowki in it, paints a clear picture of him, his work, and the story of that movie. too bad it wasn't made... but he wanted it to be 10 hours or something? seems like he sabatoged himself for some reason

And he wanted Dali in it for a cost of $1,000,000 per hour or something? Yeah, sounded fantastically nuts all round.

Short Peace, the animation collection by Katsuhiro Otomo + a batshit insane game by Suda 51.

9/10 for the whole thing, although I wonder how badly some of the CGI is going to age.

jodorowski's dune is good. 9/10. plenty of jodorowki in it, paints a clear picture of him, his work, and the story of that movie. too bad it wasn't made... but he wanted it to be 10 hours or something? seems like he sabatoged himself for some reason

And he wanted Dali in it for a cost of $1,000,000 per hour or something? Yeah, sounded fantastically nuts all round.

Nah, he was gonna pay Dali per minute. $1000 per minute in the movie, I believe. For two or three minutes of actual screentime.

I loved that docu, btw. Really inspiring stuff. Just the creative process in itself is at least as interesting as that movie would have been. (because I'm not too sure the movie would have actually looked that good at that point in time)

Michael Kohlhaas (aka Age of Uprising): 10/10

Don't watch the trailer. It's a dark, gritty medieval story about justice, love and a man. Everything about this movie is right, for me at least.

Michael Kohlhaas (aka Age of Uprising): 10/10

Don't watch the trailer. It's a dark, gritty medieval story about justice, love and a man. Everything about this movie is right, for me at least.

me too

Well if all I had to do was train all day and had a personal trainer and dietist and millions of dollar I'd do that too

Are you saying that you do beyond what is necessary to excel at your current job? Because that is what the Bale pics show. There are hundreds of actors in film, and only a handful push beyond what is necessary. If you do not go hardcore at whatever job you do currently, please don't be fooled into thinking you would gain/lose 20 kg for your "hypothetical acting career".

Ouch.

That could only come from a man with a thorough knowledge of his determinism. Unlike the rest of us sheeple.

+10 spiritual points for peace7

yeah i was shocked too, peace7 getting stropy, must have touched a nerve, maybe he really wants to be a famous hollywood actor. ;-p

My reply was for purposes of helping mental/physical-effort calibration, in hopes of promoting positive steps towards personally valued accomplishments. Because there is a popular, true-effort-paralyzing illusion that context creates results. That one missing piece of kit for album completion-- that last bit of confidence to ask the girl out-- if I only had a billion dollars I'd be so happy!!! ...etc.

So, no- Bale did not accomplish what he did because he had the means--- Everything that was ever accomplished was because someone acted upon their desires. People who actually accomplish goals tend to credit context and general resources (+help, etc.), but the truth is that action to get vibez moving/coordinated is the only thing that can accomplish..

Every now and then, some child/toddler's artwork will sell for 4~5 figures (USD/CAD/GBP), and I scream and cry a bit on the inside when I read the article's comment section and come across the inevitable complaining comments. A common one: "My daughter could do this! I could just give her paints to splatter, and she'd do this in five minutes. Has the art world gone mad?! So this is what the sad world of art is coming to..." No- this is what your retardedness is coming to. So basically some bitch ass mom is stating that, if the context existed for her daughter to produce such art (have all supplies, etc.)- and the effort of action was put into actually accomplishing such art- then such an accomplishment would be easy. Then there's the undertone of having higher sensibilities than all art peoples involved; yet not really understanding it. In summation, this retard bitch's main point is: "If my daughter did this, then she easily would. I have a pointless sense of entitlement or lacking hugs or something mixed with retarded, so lemme make this clear: MY DAUGHTER COULD ACCOMPLISH THIS, IF SHE DID EXACTLY WHAT WAS REQUIRED TO ACCOMPLISH THIS!!!"

My main point was to help da mindz realize this. It's quite a slap in the face by "this aspect of reality", to see some arrogant punk trying to start a fight, and then out of fucking nowhere his neck nearly snaps from a roundhouse kick that has 10 years of karate training behind it . Immediate knockout, ragdoll pure-gravity drop-- all because this punk thought: "This is easy- all I gotta do is MMA."

Mr. Death: The Rise and Fall of Fred A. Leuchter, Jr.

MrDeath1.jpg

Pretty strong Errol Morris docu about an execution machine engineer who then turned into a latter day Holocaust denier...purty' interesting

Grainy B+W cinematography/10

I checked the Farewell To Arms part out, some ridiculously good animation

Yeah, the part where the rocket is fired underground was pretty spectacular. And the punchline was funny too

I am Divine 10/10

Didn't know that this sample was from Pink Flamingos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6t2_r29Yk0

they're gonna show some John Waters films at the ICA soon so will check them out - Buzz from the Melvins loves Waters so they must be good

John Waters will be performing at this year's FunFunFunfest in Austin in November. Fred Armisen too.

Mr. Death: The Rise and Fall of Fred A. Leuchter, Jr.

MrDeath1.jpg

Pretty strong Errol Morris docu about an execution machine engineer who then turned into a latter day Holocaust denier...purty' interesting

Grainy B+W cinematography/10

Lots of creepiness in this one. Good doc, and worth the watch.

Yeah, the part where the rocket is fired underground was pretty spectacular. And the punchline was funny too

didnt even know this existed! nice one..

if you guys havent seen them, the studio 4°C shorts dvd's are brilliant. 'genius party' and 'genius party beyond' < 'dimension bomb' on one of them is excellent

didnt even know this existed! nice one..

if you guys havent seen them, the studio 4°C shorts dvd's are brilliant. 'genius party' and 'genius party beyond' < 'dimension bomb' on one of them is excellent

I will get around to those one day, I want to see the Masaaki Yuasa short

I am Divine 10/10

Didn't know that this sample was from Pink Flamingos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6t2_r29Yk0

they're gonna show some John Waters films at the ICA soon so will check them out - Buzz from the Melvins loves Waters so they must be good

John Waters will be performing at this year's FunFunFunfest in Austin in November. Fred Armisen too.
just FYI, the coolest gay man in the world.