Harsh Times. what the fuck? I got through about 30 mins of this. the whole thing feels like a parody.

wut? i love this movie

dunno man, I couldn't take it seriously. some parts worked but they pushed the ghetto LA angle so hard, it became kind of ridiculous.

things that did not compute:

- Christian Bale playing a psycho who is not Batman

- Christian Bale talking LA-street

- homeboy living in a lush pad with a hot mamacita and having to ride around in a jalopy dropping off paper resumes for jobs

- guns, liquor, weed and latina t&a everywhere you look (I get it, it's LA, ok already!)

- that scene at the house of Bale's former flame where he gets attacked by her current boyfriend and his homies. this was just too wtf. watch this again and check that moment where they all get out of the car and dance around Bale trying to corner him, watch the girl in particular. it's the funniest thing. "ayo pop tha trunk homie so I can settle business here!"

edit: also I think it portrayed PTSD in a super-dramatic and exaggerated way

Edited by usagi

Harsh Times. what the fuck? I got through about 30 mins of this. the whole thing feels like a parody.

wut? i love this movie

dunno man, I couldn't take it seriously. some parts worked but they pushed the ghetto LA angle so hard, it became kind of ridiculous.

things that did not compute:

- Christian Bale playing a psycho who is not Batman

- Christian Bale talking LA-street

- homeboy living in a lush pad with a hot mamacita and having to ride around in a jalopy dropping off paper resumes for jobs

- guns, liquor, weed and latina t&a everywhere you look (I get it, it's LA, ok already!)

- that scene at the house of Bale's former flame where he gets attacked by her current boyfriend and his homies. this was just too wtf. watch this again and check that moment where they all get out of the car and dance around Bale trying to corner him, watch the girl in particular. it's the funniest thing. "ayo pop tha trunk homie so I can settle business here!"

edit: also I think it portrayed PTSD in a super-dramatic and exaggerated way

0/10

it's not supossed 2 be a serious movie, it's adults acting like 16 year old's and LA is just the setting

come on, it's funny as hell, great wtf moments and Bale is pure gold in it

usagi pliss men, watch again!

One of the Latina chicks in that is my crush from elementary school, so when that randomly came up on TV when I was living in Cairo, I was like WTF. Pretty trippy to see an elementary school crush in a film. If I was on acid at the time, I prolly would've elbowed myself in the dick.

Planet of the apes - I was entertained but that shit was too Hollywood, so many cliches. Also not crazy enough (altho the crazy they showed was awesome) 7/10

noah, was better than i thought it would be, but not as good as i would have liked it to be. I was with the movie up until they started long form emoting then i hoped that things would hurry up/10

plus russel crowe sings, don't they know that his voice is a crime against man and god, don't they know. Turned the sound down on that and the rest of the emotional speeches. Cause frankly they're not great actors, the dialogue wasn't masterful, and who gives a fuck. Some pretty moments though, and i liked the overall feel of the world that was created, even if clothes and what have you were tinged with that stupid hollywood cliché post apocalyptic look. Don't they even research dress from the period before the flood ;-p One of the characters, when running off into the distance seemed to be wearing cargo pants.

L'écume des jours - this is probably Michel Gondry at his most obnoxious. Everything is turned up to 11 for the duration of the film. Some if it is great, too much just falls flat. There's so much stuff being thrown at the screen that you kind of stick it out to see what he comes up with next. Or maybe you don't, a lot of people up and left during the screening. Do not watch unless you're a big fan of his style. Michel GondryX100000

edit: I liked it.

saw this a couple of days ago and i agree with the description, it's pretty much gondry on cocaine, but somehow it does work and the world he creates is very vivid. it touches some big issues (like the typical sociological effect of larger institutions on the individual) but i can't quite put a finger on what's it's all about, i mean it all goes dandy in the first half and then all goes to shit in the second for no apparent reason (though maybe there isn't supposed to be one), and yet i too liked it.

noah, was better than i thought it would be, but not as good as i would have liked it to be. I was with the movie up until they started long form emoting then i hoped that things would hurry up/10

plus russel crowe sings, don't they know that his voice is a crime against man and god, don't they know. Turned the sound down on that and the rest of the emotional speeches. Cause frankly they're not great actors, the dialogue wasn't masterful, and who gives a fuck. Some pretty moments though, and i liked the overall feel of the world that was created, even if clothes and what have you were tinged with that stupid hollywood cliché post apocalyptic look. Don't they even research dress from the period before the flood ;-p One of the characters, when running off into the distance seemed to be wearing cargo pants.

i envy you because i spent my worst 30 minutes since i missed my this train a sunday no battery,

i even stopped it because i was afraid it could be worst afterward :(

maybe wasn't in a good mood

but lately i really enjoyed Snowpiercer, Transcendence and without any expectations the new Godzilla

Edited by klore

i'm a bit worried about transcendence but i'll give it a go, and snow piercer i probably won't do, watched the preview which i normally don't do except for things that i don't care for and i don't think that i could do it. godzilla i will watch because i have positive feelings about disaster movies, as long as they don't have giant del toro mecha in them (do you know that he's making pacific rim two !!)

Just viewed Transcendence. IT WAS A HORRID SNOREFEST.

Avoid at all costs.

I heard some bad reviews, but I still went in kinda hopeful. Thinking those viewers wouldn't appreciate the conceptual ideas behind the plot.

Ehm, I was wrong. It was horrible in most aspects. Dialogues were godaweful. Whether the script was pisspoor, or the director/producers didn't know what they were doing, I don't know. The endresult is a huge cringefest.

It's really sad when hollywood finally puts some money in a movie which is not a prequel, sequel or remake of some other movie, but instead goes for something new. This failure might put more budget into those crap blockbusters.

For people into those philosophical AI kinda stories it's better to rewatch Ghost in the Machine. Forget about this one.

Just viewed Transcendence. IT WAS A HORRID SNOREFEST.

Avoid at all costs.

I heard some bad reviews, but I still went in kinda hopeful. Thinking those viewers wouldn't appreciate the conceptual ideas behind the plot.

Ehm, I was wrong. It was horrible in most aspects. Dialogues were godaweful. Whether the script was pisspoor, or the director/producers didn't know what they were doing, I don't know. The endresult is a huge cringefest.

It's really sad when hollywood finally puts some money in a movie which is not a prequel, sequel or remake of some other movie, but instead goes for something new. This failure might put more budget into those crap blockbusters.

For people into those philosophical AI kinda stories it's better to rewatch Ghost in the Machine. Forget about this one.

yeah, i just had a quick skim then, and thought, 'what a cheap arse looking movie', looks like it was shot on a budget, and as i was skimming it was mostly shots of people walking around looking worried or having boring conversations in low rent locations, i'll give it a miss then. Damn, now i have no excuse, i'll have to watch all those episode 1s of the summer anime season that i thought might be worth a glance.

Psycho 10/10

which one (lol) ;-p

People are still talking Snowpiercer as a masterpiece and I really don't get it. I really don't. I know I've talked about this before, but it still baffles me that so many people have so much love for that film. Maybe I've watched too many Korean movies and therefore expected more than what I got, but even thinking about it as a non-Korean movie it's still a terrible movie.

yeah, it was a chore to watch.

I hear Mother is a great film though.

And I enjoyed the Host.

But so many people claim to have enjoyed it and other pieces of shit this year like the X Men film.

I am usually pretty forgiving on genre films, but Snowpiercer made me want to turn it off after about 30 minutes in, and I fought it, oh how I fought it, and it never paid off.

Now to watch The Zero Theorem, directed by the man whose style was completely ripped on in Snowp.

Psycho 10/10

which one (lol) ;-p

The 10/10 one, I think, can't remember, it might of been in black and white. Not sure, maybe my life is in black and white. What is colour?

yeah it's ok, there can only be one 10/10 one. You know i still haven't watched that film. I managed for most of my life to avoid the key spoiler too. Well until this or last year, when i randomly stumble don it out of the blue on the web somewhere, whilst reading something unrelated. Heh, it's not like life didn't give me a chance to watch it, shame though. -sie- Maybe it'll recede to the vast space that is my inaccessible memory. To help this process along i'll stop taking fish oil pills and quit exercising whilst starting a strict regime of regular binge drinking. Then again, is it really worth all that just for a 10/10 movie ? Perhaps i should never watch it, then one day, when i'm taking the slow shuttle to andromeda for a bit of me time, the technology will be such that i'll be able to temporarily forget the key reveal, and watch the film untroubled by this fucking spoiler.

heh.

Probably a better idea.