The Secret of Nikola Tesla The Movie - 8/10 - old biopic of tesla. orson welles plays jp morgan, who financed him. touches on a lot of the interesting aspects of his life. nf streaming in us

Edited by very honest

I saw that a while back after renting it from an actual video store. I was so impressed by it, made me wonder why the rest of the world hasn't seen or heard of the film. I guess the answer lies in the film itself. Aliens, J P Morgan and Thomas Edison being a dick, the Unarians worshiping their leader, all makes for a film that not many people will be into or agree with. I love it though. 8/10

We need a full on Bowie playing Tesla film.

TESLA HATED PEACHES

SVy3qG2.jpg

how does luc besson keep convincing studios he has an original idea when he keeps writing different versions of la femme nikita? either he changes her skin color (colombiana), writes her back story (leon), re-writes her back story (wasabi), does a tv show (nikita) or makes her an element (the fifth element).

this time, he came up with the original idea of making her use 100% of her brain. unfortunately, he didn't do the same

Well, if you ignore Hollywood and give some of the top rated films in "world cinema" a shot things will get better. Hollywood is fucked.

Edit: lolwtf, I could've sworn I replied to a rant about Hollywood from Ceerial. I guess I'm finally losing my mind.

Edited by Gocab

In response to the deleted post - simply put, i think a lot of people like specific eras of movies and kind of stick with them, like with many forms of art.

Finally watched Killer Klowns from Outer Space last night. I've henceforth drawn to the conclusion that any film with title containing the last three words "From Outer Space" is made of poopcheese. #edwoodlegacies

tanukiballs/10. Herbert and Pooper give it Two Thumbs Up Yo Momma's Bumb

Mooney is a real prick, btw

Guardians of the Galaxy currently sitting at 100% on Rotten Tomatoes after press screenings have begun. James Gunn already hired to write & direct sequel. Looks like Marvel has found their Star Wars.

Edited by Rubin Farr

Finally watched Killer Klowns from Outer Space last night. I've henceforth drawn to the conclusion that any film with title containing the last three words "From Outer Space" is made of poopcheese. #edwoodlegacies

killer clowns is my sister's favorite movie lol

this past Christmas she even got me a killer clowns tshirt

In Bruges 7/10

Girl With Dragon Tattoo 7.5/10 (Fincher version)

Snatch 8/10 (seen before a long time ago, still great fun)

Day Breakers 0/10 (switched off after 25 minutes lol)

There Will Be Blood 9/10

I'm not too over critical of films as I'm not a film buff by any stretch of the imagination, if I'm entertained I'm happy enough (Snatch) though I can't tolerate obvious horse shit (Daybreakers)

Edited by beerwolf

i think it is a pretty shit movie

killer clowns is my sister's favorite movie lol

this past Christmas she even got me a killer clowns tshirt

She sounds cool :)

i think it is a pretty shit movie

Taking Killer Klowns seriously only leads to self-torment.

locke 9/10

awesome film!

Chef - 8/10 Some quality lols to be found here.

really?! (ha\ven't seen it, assumed it would suck)

Edited by hoggy

Watched Transcendence recently and it was disappointing. The singularity premise is interesting even if I am skeptical about if it could happen. The movie was like high budget made for TV sci-fi movie of the week type thing. I'd like a more thought provoking exploration of what the implications of a singularity would be. Not good at all.

Also recently watched Zero Theorem and I would need to be less drunk, tired and stoned to get anything from it.

Saw Expendables 3, Wesley Snipes gives a really entertaining performance but it wasn't enough to stop the film losing steam after the first 20 mins, disappointing once again Stallone.. Hard to believe he made the great Rambo 4 just six years ago. :sad: