seems pretty likely Bale used steroids to bulk up, combined with the not eating to get skinny, I wonder how much damage he's done to his heart

not a criticism - just a thought

eh, what do I know, maybe he didn't

Edited by hoggy

Well if all I had to do was train all day and had a personal trainer and dietist and millions of dollar I'd do that too

Are you saying that you do beyond what is necessary to excel at your current job? Because that is what the Bale pics show. There are hundreds of actors in film, and only a handful push beyond what is necessary. If you do not go hardcore at whatever job you do currently, please don't be fooled into thinking you would gain/lose 20 kg for your "hypothetical acting career".

Ouch.

That could only come from a man with a thorough knowledge of his determinism. Unlike the rest of us sheeple.

+10 spiritual points for peace7

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes - 8.5/10 - I really really love this film. The effects work, acting, writing, shooting are all what makes for great film. I felt like I was there with the apes going through what society they had created up until that point. I truly escaped while watching this. The battle sequences were some of the most shocking I have ever seen. It felt like the opening of Saving Private Ryan, very disturbing and brutal. Very intense. I would have given the film a 9 if it weren't for the cheesey opening credits, but that is the only negative critique I have for the film.

Okay that's awesome, I have to check that out. Gary Oldman is my all time fave

Under the Skin - 10/10 fookin amazing scifi.

+1 for naked Scarlett

Yeah so I just watched this.... It's fucking weird. Sorry no 10/10 just wtf/10

Anyone have a recommendation for a good Mystery Science Theater episode?

The Final Sacrifice

Space Mutiny

I also heartily recommend Rifftrax Planet Of Dinosaurs

Watched "Joe". I guess it's kinda allright, especially for all you nic cage fans on here. I absolutely hated the last 10 or so minutes though, serious cringe inducing cheese. This movie really could be heavy and gritty and painful. The (non)actor that played dad, that's some real shit though.

i have passing interest in Dawn of the Planet of the Apes but I feel like i've seen the entire movie and already know the ending from the trailer, are there plenty of surprises in the actual movie?

i have passing interest in Dawn of the Planet of the Apes but I feel like i've seen the entire movie and already know the ending from the trailer, are there plenty of surprises in the actual movie?

no

well, maybe one or two actually, just plot details

harsh

Knights of Badassdom - Has its moments, not nearly enough Dinklage, but what will stay with me is how the lead is a douche that anyone interested in this film will have nothing in common with and the truly awful metal shit he SPOILER sings at the end to defeat the monster. Err, 2/5 I guess.

yeah I think its one of those movies you have to see in 3d. before I knew much about it, I saw it with the gf cus we had free tickets but didn't see the 3d version...what a snooze fest! the whole time I was rooting for sandra bullock to float away into a firery sun and for clooney to return and make the movie at least somewhat interesting.

nah it sucks in 3d too

Anyone have a recommendation for a good Mystery Science Theater episode?

The Final Sacrifice

Space Mutiny

I also heartily recommend Rifftrax Planet Of Dinosaurs

Is the final sacrifice the canadien movie with dagbauer, or whoever the fuck that canuck was? that one was hilarious.

jodorowski's dune is good. 9/10. plenty of jodorowki in it, paints a clear picture of him, his work, and the story of that movie. too bad it wasn't made... but he wanted it to be 10 hours or something? seems like he sabatoged himself for some reason

ROWSDOWER!

:cisfor:

that MST flick was gold. That one, and whatever the spider one with the skipper from Gilligans Island. I remember that one being high comedy.