Watch the BTS on Under the Skin, amazing how low budget it was, and Scarlett picked up 88 different Scottish blokes for filming. I wonder how many thought they were getting laid.

Just finished watching Evil Dead 2. I guess I've been on a B-movie binge lately.

There's a scene in it that's almost worthy of the "When Taxidermy Goes Bad" thread. Quite literally.

Evil Dead - along with Aliens - is also rumored to have been an inspiration for the FPS classic Doom. I think I see the connection now..

B-movie bloodbath/10

Guest bitroast

Just finished watching Evil Dead 2. I guess I've been on a B-movie binge lately.

There's a scene in it that's almost worthy of the "When Taxidermy Goes Bad" thread. Quite literally.

Evil Dead - along with Aliens - is also rumored to have been an inspiration for the FPS classic Doom. I think I see the connection now..

B-movie bloodbath/10

Evil Dead 2 is potentially my favourite of the Evil Dead films.

Evil Dead 3/Army of Darkness is great as well but there's a nice balance to be found in 2.

Ridiculous film in best possible way.

ME8pnw7.jpg

true story about a high school football team with a history of never losing a match. at one point, it turns into a recruiting video for the army before gathering it's thoughts, and going back into full-blown american football music video inspirational tackles and team spirit best of montage sequence.

i'm not kidding you, but i did this during the final couple of minutes (and i never do this type of shit either)

bWvpL.gif

Guest bitroast

bWvpL.gif

how do you know about this man ??

or did you just like the hand action ??

i ask because he's a news anchor for the morning show here in australia, and he is a funny man, but the notion that overseas people are familiar with him is downright baffling.

godel speaks the truth. i just needed a gif that expressed how i felt at that moment (when watching that film) and this one did it accurately. i'm completely unfamiliar with that man. i did used to watch home & away back in the early 90s though (that aussie enough right?) especially when pippa and donald fischer (principal of the school) were still around. i had a mega crush on bobby simpson

Guest bitroast

godel speaks the truth. i just needed a gif that expressed how i felt at that moment (when watching that film) and this one did it accurately. i'm completely unfamiliar with that man. i did used to watch home & away back in the early 90s though (that aussie enough right?) especially when pippa and donald fischer (principal of the school) were still around. i had a mega crush on bobby simpson

ahaha i've actually never watched a full episode of home + away. neighbours guy here..

Fuck ... in the ass. these homoerotic fantasies ... are wet dreams ... like, boys next door.

Decoded

I lol'ed hard.

(meaning I laughed out loud while sporting an erection)

ahaha i've actually never watched a full episode of home + away. neighbours guy here..

i remember watching neighbors a few times but i only did so because i knew kylie minogue was in it. actually, i just slightly remember fragments of the main theme

btw: have you heard of a director called neil johnson? he's an aussie and what i consider the worst director on the planet. you guys should be proud of that

Guest bitroast

i remember watching neighbors a few times but i only did so because i knew kylie minogue was in it. actually, i just slightly remember fragments of the main theme

btw: have you heard of a director called neil johnson? he's an aussie and what i consider the worst director on the planet. you guys should be proud of that

lol! I have not. have you seen any of his films??

yes. i have 'battlespace' and 'humanity's end' (the second is some kind of sequel). i also watched about 15 minutes of 'alien armageddon' before i decided it was actually worse than the other two.

his movies are trials in patience and tolerance in mediocrity. if you can actually make it through one of his films, consider it an achievement

Guest bitroast

yes. i have 'battlespace' and 'humanity's end' (the second is some kind of sequel). i also watched about 15 minutes of 'alien armageddon' before i decided it was actually worse than the other two.

his movies are trials in patience and tolerance in mediocrity. if you can actually make it through one of his films, consider it an achievement

lol.

battlespace.jpg

the aussie government probably did that. btw: neil johnson always insists on filming in the united states, yet he almost exclusively shoots either in green screen or in the desert.

remember thinking home and away was dodgy as fuck. like it had a load of aussie pikeys in it or something?

that was in the 90s,.. i saw it a bit in 2000s and it was all teen hotties hinting at regrets about the orgies theyd been involved in

Tonight I saw Guardians of the Galaxy in a theatre with the motion seats, god damn that was a fun movie, motion seats were a great idea for it as well.

yes, i checked it out in the 2000s as well and that little girl (i think her name was sally) was all grown up. that was weird for me to see because i remember her being annoying as hell when it first started. donald fischer was still a principle at that school where everyone from summer bay went but i couldn't get into it because almost everyone i remember supposedly moved away or were too old and no longer cool and thus, the show wasn't interested in them.

chef - enjoyed this more than I was expecting to. Sofia Vergera is a goddess. Only had one minor discrepancy with the cooking side of things. Everything was right about the cuban sandwiches (one of my first jobs as a kid was in a bodega making these sandwiches), except Cubans wrap their sandwich press with a couple layers of foil. Also mojo is used as a condiment along with the mustard on the sandwich before pressing.

guardians of the galaxy - I loved the ship battle toward the end of the movie. I also thought Batista did a pretty good job, which was a surprise.

at berkeley - a 4 hour observational documentary that covers pretty anything from janitor's work to high level managerial meetings and in depth discussion about robotics among professor and students. it was interesting to me as i generally like that kind of cinema verite thing about an interesting topic, but still, it was kinda hard to take it without a proper narrative (though there is a recurring theme of public education within a system of liberal economics), but you do get a sense of how things actually feel in work in there, something more popularly accepted commercial-for-a-particlar-position type of documentaries don't deliver.

coherence - this one is a really fun no budget existential drama/scifi flick that's quite thought provoking. watch it.

i'm going through the harry potter series again... i seem to do it every year. i'm onto deathly hallows part1 tonight, love this series, much more-so than lord of the rings