Under The Skin seems really interesting, gotta stop trying to watch it after a long day though, made it to the underwater like scene last night after dozing off. It does produce very serene sleep though.

Ghost Dog, properly, for the first time. I can totally see why Jarmusch wrote the role for Forest Whitaker because it just wouldn't have worked the same with anybody else. it's a little bit cheesy with the samurai ting but not in a bad way, and the quiet, unspoken nature of the storytelling evens that out anyway. maybe it's just because it's the cold season here right now but the whole film gave off a calm, contemplative summer's night kinda vibe. I liked it a lot.

also In Bruges, again. I didn't think much of this before, the humour just didn't really gel with me, but I've grown to like it now. the scenes with Ralph Fiennes were always genius.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xB7BWvD5B5Y

I was pretty depressed after seeing how bad the Robocop remake was. How could they get it so wrong. How can they shove all the political/moral/science stuff down the viewers throat like that (those dumbass segments with Samuel Jackson lengthy speeches about the pro's and cons and letting robots loose on the street, what the hell?).

And in the original, the torture and death of Murphy by Clarence Boddiker and his gang was a pivotal moment in the film. We get the emotional impact of his prolonged death and then the brilliantly constructed metamorphosis into machine, culminating in a POV shot from Robocop's visor as the team put the finishing touches on him then unveil him. In this remake we get him going out to check his car and a bomb goes off blasting him a full one metre and landing awkwardly onto the steps leading up to his front door. It's hard to think of anything any more lame. But they must have been proud of the scene as it's replayed over and over, each time i was like ''wow, he's lying in a really unnatural position on those steps. I don't think anyone would land like that after a little bomb. He looks like he's resting''

I was pretty depressed after seeing how bad the Robocop remake was. How could they get it so wrong.

easy. by remaking it. here is something else they will fuck up (guaranteed)

son_of_god_film_poster_1430.jpg

hilariously bad. jesus would say one thing in slo-mo, dramatic music would start and everyone would be like "wow. that was like the best thing i ever heard"- scene would cut and the same thing would happen again. also, the character portraying jesus was like a condescending hippy. he looked like one of those dudes you see around los feliz acting like "look how much i look like i just came from a 1974 rock concert" waiting for someone to cast him a dazed and confused type film so chicks that dig those 70s looking dudes can dig him and he can become a heart-throb then retire and save himself a life of actual work

I was pretty depressed after seeing how bad the Robocop remake was. How could they get it so wrong.

Whyyyyyyy???? Nooooooo!!!!

They didn't even seem to try with the Robocop remake. They must have known that what they were doing wasn't good while they were filming it. That scene of Murphy's death that I talked about in my post, i cannot believe that got approved during the script development stage. With regards to the Videodrome remake, yes, one cannot imagine them getting that right in any way. They'll try to be clever and apply the themes to the modern day no doubt, and in doing so rip the soul out of it. Th'drome (and the Suspiria remake) appear to be on ice at the moment with no names attached, so remake boffins will just have to whet their appetite with the forthcoming Poltergeist remake from the director of 'Monster House'.

They didn't even seem to try with the Robocop remake.

they don't have to. they're banking on the fact that you will recognize and be captured by a familiar title then expect newer cgi and an updated, faster and much louder soundtrack to sell you on the idea. they're not looking for win you over. they don't care or know how to anyway. they just need your money

Guest bitroast

The Double.

"like drinking from a cup of coffee with too much sugar in it (and the coffee is decaf)" /10

quite enjoyed Submarine. was looking forward to this one, to be honest.

it had a great deal of STYLE to it. but it was cranked up a bit and it all seemed a bit too loud and rich for me. it seemed more 'inspired' than it did 'inspiring', if that makes sense? like, still cut super stylised shots ala Hitchcock + loud droning noises ala lynch + constant never ending hard editing.

it all sort of seems interesting but by the end of the film I was familiar with the style and to be honest i was bored senseless. the film has a nice amount of humour (and a great deal of great actors, supporting roles^~^). the story is quite good. acting is quite good. perhaps if I watched it again, it may register a little differently and I may come out liking the film.

buuut, I found it to be such a boring, over stylised film that I couldn't help but be bored by it. a quick google shows most of the internet out there seems to be loving it? i found it good, but boring. and boring enough to make the 'good' elements of the film sort of disappear and turn the film into a snoozer film.

Whyyyyyyy???? Nooooooo!!!!

That has been in production hell for over a decade. I wouldn't worry about it.

raid 2;

holymangagore/10

watched the english dubbed version which made it extra b-movie'esque, bad videogame voice acting combined with jawsplitting gore-fu, I liked it.

watched the english dubbed version

Stop pirating torrents

The Counsellor - Strange film where the script, acting and direction were out of sync with each other. Is this a new style of filmmaking? No idea - 6/10

Homefront - Enjoyed this one. Sly is an underrated writer and it was good to see him hand over the reins to some actors other than himself. Statham is a family man with a daughter to protect, Franco is the menacing meth-dealing with an appetite for hard anal. Set in some place in backwater America where the police turn a blind eye to home made meth labs. Cool film - 7.5/10

I'm halfway through The Act Of Killing (Directors Cut) - Long/10

R100

This is great fun. I posted about his (Matsumoto) earlier film 'Symbol' a few months back and he takes his cinematic-probings a step further with this. A film about a film about what film is...awesome. Nao Omori, who plays Ichi in Ichi the Killer, is great in this.

Multiple varieties of Dominatrixes/10

3349335_orig.jpg