Legend, well its better than all that Guy Ritchie wank and it does a very British kind of psychopath like i havent seen for a while,

who the fuck knows with 60's gang bollix, but pretty good fun & the 1 particular pub fight scene is dark funny

star wars 7 - pure joy. i don't care about the minor flaws or the fact that it's basically a new hope all over again. i've never felt happier walking out of a movie theater. just so, so fucking awesome.

steve jobs - meh.

the martian - slightly underwhelmed by this. still though, 7/10

Over the weekend I also watched Ace in the Hole (great, a classic) and Champion (mildly diverting boxing picture) in honour of Kirk Douglas, who turned 99 the other week.

Love that film.

I watched:

tarnished-angels_zpsced0291f.jpg

i watched "mahler" by ken russell. it was excellent. i love ken russell. he's sort of a genius. a campy, over the top genius.

i watched "raw meat" (aka "death line"). it was pretty good with a surpringsingly dark atmosphere for a british film from 1972. great soundtrack too. good use of synth.

i watched john frankenheimer's "seconds". i loved it. absolutely brilliant. it had some of the greatest cinematography i've seen. eye candy of the highest order.

iTunes is having an Xmas sale on movies this week, a lot of sci-fi/ horror/comedies like

Blade Runner

Sleepy Hollow

Big Lebowski

Last of the Mohicans

21 Jump Street

Wrong Turn

Eagle Eye

Fight Club

Cloverfield

28 Days Later

28 Weeks Later

30 Days of Night

Parents

Step Brothers

Superbad

are $7.99 in HD

i watched "mahler" by ken russell. it was excellent. i love ken russell. he's sort of a genius. a campy, over the top genius.

i watched "raw meat" (aka "death line"). it was pretty good with a surpringsingly dark atmosphere for a british film from 1972. great soundtrack too. good use of synth.

i watched john frankenheimer's "seconds". i loved it. absolutely brilliant. it had some of the greatest cinematography i've seen. eye candy of the highest order.

cant beat a bit of Ken & ta for the Frankenheimer tip too

I love Seconds and Mahler is one of my favorite movies ever, Georgina Hale is great!

one of my favorite films. i love the opening credits, and when rock hudson is on the beach and meets that hot broad. the don't make em like they used to...

Doing my traditional Messed Up Christmas Movies marathon with roommate tonight. This year's lineup includes:

Brazil (as always)

Die Hard 2

Assault on Precinct 13 (2005)

Silent Night (2012)

Prometheus

P2

Re-watched "Au bord du monde" by Claus Drexel, a magnificent documentary portraiting some homeless people living in Paris.

Couldn't seem to find an english extract but it's really worth watching.

Watched Eraserhead for the first time. My mind is incredibly numb. I have absolutely no idea what happened.

:ok:

(also bought the soundtrack - In Heaven is such a good song <3)

Also, what Lynch should I watch next? I've been meaning to catch up on classics and stuff because I don't watch many movies. Heard Blue Velvet and Elephant Man are good :o

"elephant man" is one of my favourites, but it's pretty different from everything else lynch has done. it's fantastic nonetheless.

cant beat a bit of Ken & ta for the Frankenheimer tip too

you're welcome! try to see it in hd if possible because it looks gorgeous. both criterion and masters of cinema have nice blu rays out...

one of my favorite films. i love the opening credits, and when rock hudson is on the beach and meets that hot broad. the don't make em like they used to...

i love the opening credits too. saul bass' stuff is pretty amazing. i really need to see more of his work...

Watched Eraserhead for the first time. My mind is incredibly numb. I have absolutely no idea what happened.

:ok:

(also bought the soundtrack - In Heaven is such a good song <3)

Also, what Lynch should I watch next? I've been meaning to catch up on classics and stuff because I don't watch many movies. Heard Blue Velvet and Elephant Man are good :o

If you're into series, you could watch twin peaks as well.

it's good lynchism.

True that Elephant man is pretty unique in the direction he took with it, i find it a damn good film.

I can also recommend you Sailor and Lula, with N. Cage doing some Elvis Presley perfs :cisfor:

Edited by llll